Camp Wildpaw

Information and questions about major conventions.
Forum rules
DISCLAIMER:
Users organise and attend conventions and share accommodation entirely at their own risk. Furstralia can take no responsibility or liability for any loss or damages which may occur during or as a result of attendance of those events or as a result of shared accommodation.
Treemeadow
Furstralian Fanatic
Furstralian Fanatic
Species: Canine- Cockspaniel/'yote and lab cross

Camp Wildpaw

Postby Treemeadow » Wed Dec 31, 2008 2:01 pm

There's more information about the camp under our section in Meets and Conventions (which is only viewable by registered users)

It has more detailed info about activities and a list of potential What-to-Brings

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1453

^^
Koneko
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: Domestic Tabby Cat

Camp Wildpaw

Postby Koneko » Wed Dec 31, 2008 5:08 pm

Oh jeez, maybe this whole thing is a little too... CAMP for a straighty 180 like me! X3

Lololololol. Playful gay puns aside, I will DEFINATELY be coming! :3
Treemeadow
Furstralian Fanatic
Furstralian Fanatic

Camp Wildpaw

Postby Treemeadow » Thu Jan 01, 2009 3:40 am

Oh jeez, maybe this whole thing is a little too... CAMP for a straighty 180 like me! X3

Lololololol. Playful gay puns aside, I will DEFINATELY be coming! :3[/quote]

*groans*

dad jokes are unforgiveable!

But we'll let it pass...cause you're coming to Camp Wildpaw!!
aimz rokafi
Oldschool Furstralian
Oldschool Furstralian
Species: fox

Camp Wildpaw

Postby aimz rokafi » Thu Jan 01, 2009 6:00 pm

ive pitched a tent im so excited!

hehe, swish.
Foxy_Malone
Admin
Admin
Species: Snow Leopard

Camp Wildpaw

Postby Foxy_Malone » Thu Jan 01, 2009 6:18 pm

ive pitched a tent im so excited!

hehe, swish.[/quote]

LMAO
Hendikins
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: Canis Rufus Cinereoargenteus

Camp Wildpaw

Postby Hendikins » Fri Jan 02, 2009 3:10 am

AWWWWWWWWWW!

HENDY![/quote]

Hey, if I'm in Sydney, it means I'm at work.

Camp Wildpaw is scheduled for Easter long weekend,2009 which occurs around April 10. Once again, the price is cheap, at approximately $85 bucks for everything, including food, accomodation and games for the entire weekend.[/quote]

My mother's birthday is the 11th. I'm afraid I just don't have a death wish.
Treemeadow
Furstralian Fanatic
Furstralian Fanatic

Camp Wildpaw

Postby Treemeadow » Fri Jan 02, 2009 9:43 pm

My mother's birthday is the 11th. I'm afraid I just don't have a death wish.[/quote]

LOL!!
Treemeadow
Furstralian Fanatic
Furstralian Fanatic

Camp Wildpaw

Postby Treemeadow » Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:27 pm

UPDATEEEEEEEEEE

:D

* A slight change to the rego fee, it will be raised a tad from $85 to $110. This new fee will include your Camp souvenier (a neckerchief, in your Tribe's colour, with the Logo printed on it).
Once again, here is the itemized (sp?) cost of Camp Wildpaw:

Accomodation: $8 p/p per day, or $35 for the weekend.
Food: $60 p/p for the weekend, that will provide you with a good feed each meal(Amount of campers X $60). The leftovers, if any, will be up for grabs at the end of camp, as is a longstanding tradition with my camping club :p
Breakfast cereals will be offered at a greatly reduced discount to us, thanks to those wonderful duffers at Sanitarium Health Food Factory *gives them love*
Ropes: The ropes course will cost $3 p/p, this includes safety gear and an instructor, who will stop us killing ourselves...or opposing tribe members...or our own tribe members.
This leaves the final $8 to pay for the neckerchief printing.

The only other requirement is a packet of Marshmallows. If you don't like marshmallows, then maybe some other fire-side treat, like chocolate or biscuits. Sharing is caring and it helps lower costs.

I know I was aiming for cheap, but when you think about it, you're getting everything for $110. This is three nights/days of furry fellowship, all meals, souvenier and activities included.

*I have contacted Ingleside to make the booking. If the cost of the deposit is not huge, I'll just drop the necessity for you guys to pay a deposit altogether...but I won't make any promises there.

* The website is *this* close to being ready. I've already got an online registration site running, but I will wait until we get confirmation from Ingleside before posting a link.

* Once you register, I'll send out the official application fee (which includes parental signatures for those of us under 18). The form itself doesn't actually mention furriness, other than the title (Camp Wildpaw, which is identifiable as furry at a streettch) if that concerns you in any way.

*Now, some furs have been asking about transport. This is what I know: There are no trains to Ingleside itself, but there are stations not so far off. I'll be bringing my parents 8 seater van (so long as someone offers to drive it, since I can't...). If anyone requires a pick-up from the bus-stop or station, it can be arranged. There is an area on the rego-form to check whether or not you have a vehicle you are willing to bring, as well as tents.

*If you don't have a tent, we'll find one for you. I have a ten-man, I've had an offer of an 8-man (minus one spot, obviously) as well as other induviduals with their own tents.

*...odd question, but does anyone have a portable gazeebo?

I think thats all.
I didn't quite intend for it to be so...formal, but this is the nature of organising an event. If we didn't have forms and what-nots, there could be strife!

STRIFE I TELL YOU!

And this is a Puppy who believes stress-free living is fundamental to a stress-free life.

Be back soon with MORE DETAILS (yay)

Stay Wild! ( I made that up JUST then, cool huh? *glances around exitedly* yeah?)
Sarketch
Furstralian
Furstralian
Species: Otter!

Camp Wildpaw

Postby Sarketch » Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:34 am

Oooh... I'll be 18 for this..

I feel responsible now. :3 I'm definately interested in going.
Treemeadow
Furstralian Fanatic
Furstralian Fanatic

Camp Wildpaw

Postby Treemeadow » Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:35 pm

Yay!!

Sarkie's gonna join!