Camp Wildpaw

Information and questions about major conventions.
Forum rules
DISCLAIMER:
Users organise and attend conventions and share accommodation entirely at their own risk. Furstralia can take no responsibility or liability for any loss or damages which may occur during or as a result of attendance of those events or as a result of shared accommodation.
Alex the lion
Furstralian
Furstralian
Species: lion (subspecies: Krugran cross)

Camp Wildpaw

Postby Alex the lion » Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:35 pm

here few of my awards from the wildpaw weekend away.

Most flammable : Rob Wolven for igniting the ground beneath him.

I will do anything award : Koniko for allowing himself to be the furry water melon hat wearer
Treemeadow
Furstralian Fanatic
Furstralian Fanatic
Species: Canine- Cockspaniel/'yote and lab cross

Camp Wildpaw

Postby Treemeadow » Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:07 pm

Glory to Bob for the wonderful camp!

My awards:

Most Painful Award: To the glowsticks, and the immense joy they brought us through wars, showers, and of course, the green stuff still caked to my tarp...thankyou Wolven.

Most Hardcore: To Phoenix for showering every day in the freezing cold waterfall- and not getting to actually sit on his own comfy camp chairs.
Foxy_Malone
Admin
Admin
Species: Snow Leopard

Camp Wildpaw

Postby Foxy_Malone » Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:22 am

so when can we expect a proper report?
Treemeadow
Furstralian Fanatic
Furstralian Fanatic

Camp Wildpaw

Postby Treemeadow » Fri Apr 17, 2009 4:52 pm

Essentially, we just hanged out and played games (such as pelting glowsticks at each other and locking Wolven in a shower, and other such jolly nonsense).

The location, Pine Forest Camp, in the Watagan Ranges was absolutely fantastic! There was a Waterfall literally just across from our campsite, which was utilized as a shower by some of our more game campers...much to the shock-horror of locals (Kidding! They didn't mind a bit!)

I think the best thing to come out of Wildpaw was the establishment of the Wildpaw Book of Quotes and the Wildpaw Identity.

Camp Wildpaw: Ambitious, but rubbish! XD and we mean that in a loving way. The Wildpaw spirit is something that we often tried to achieve throughout the duration of the camp.

I'll have to get in touch with Phoenix, who wrote down all the many quotes and "rules" of Camp Wildpaw, while drunk, but of course.

Everyone who went gave me great reviews for the weekend! The weather was FANTASTIC (only 5 minutes of rain throughout, despite forecasts predicting otherwise).

We had a total attendance of 10, which I feel is great, considering the timeslot of the camp. Now that number 1.0 is out of the way, I can start planning ahead for next year n_n. Changes that can be made to improve Wildpaw from the awesome it was this year will happen, so that next year will be EVEN BETTER. I liked the location, and feel it served us well, so for next year at least, I think we'll return to Pine Forest Camp.

Once we get pics and stuff (I didn't hae a camera at camp) we'll post them, a video too. For there were many wonderful moments caught on camera (and so many more that weren't, unfortunately).

The thing I liked best about Wildpaw was the laid-back atmosphere. We were able to do whatever, whenever, and most of the time it was simply nice to be around the fire (or on fire, if you're a Wusky) and talk.

I'm very happy with how it all turned out. Plans are already in place for next year n_n
Alex the lion
Furstralian
Furstralian
Species: lion (subspecies: Krugran cross)

Camp Wildpaw

Postby Alex the lion » Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:30 pm

I recommend you guys go next year

Here is a sample of some of the goings on

Treemeadow
Furstralian Fanatic
Furstralian Fanatic

Camp Wildpaw

Postby Treemeadow » Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:04 am

mmm, post modern sandwhiches....

metal flavurr
Treemeadow
Furstralian Fanatic
Furstralian Fanatic

Camp Wildpaw

Postby Treemeadow » Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:38 am

Shinjitsu
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: Feline

Camp Wildpaw

Postby Shinjitsu » Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:37 pm

For Bob's sake!! >_<

Soooo.... for the last week I've been roasting marshmallows whilst in bed playing PS2 >_>

twas an interesting weekend... and yeah, more ppl should come next year -.-
Rob.Wolven
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: Husky/Wolf

Camp Wildpaw

Postby Rob.Wolven » Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:44 pm

So... There has to be more pics!!!! Where are they?!

Oh... and ignore the last picture in the album... ended up hopping in somehow!! Yay minibike!... in my bedroom XP
Treemeadow
Furstralian Fanatic
Furstralian Fanatic

Camp Wildpaw

Postby Treemeadow » Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:04 pm

So... There has to be more pics!!!! Where are they?!

Oh... and ignore the last picture in the album... ended up hopping in somehow!! Yay minibike!... in my bedroom XP[/quote]

rofl. minibike is sad cause he didn't go to Wildpaw.