Mardi Gras Mardi Gras MARDI GRAS! Saturday 7th March!

Information and questions about major conventions.
Forum rules
DISCLAIMER:
Users organise and attend conventions and share accommodation entirely at their own risk. Furstralia can take no responsibility or liability for any loss or damages which may occur during or as a result of attendance of those events or as a result of shared accommodation.
DustanDFox
Newcomer
Newcomer

Postby DustanDFox » Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:21 am

Greetings!

With only 11 sleeps to go before the big parade it's time to get organised, get your glitter on and put your paw up to be counted.

This years organising committee has consisted of Barbary Lion - General manager, Lupie - Construction manager, Ivan (Tiger Tim) - Electrical Engineer, Jes teh Wusky and Tech Wolfox - Music selection and Dustan as Myself.

We have ordered a massive truck so with the current attendance numbers we should be able to fit EVERYONE on it, fursuiter or not. So no stumbling up Oxford Street for ANYONE! There will also be hand held glitter launchers to be used at Taylor Square or when we can see ourselves on the big TV screens. And a T Shirt that I promise you will be able to wash. And I think I have some glittery rainbow paw print ones in the top of my cuboard that will be up for grabs too.

So please come along and help us wave the furry flag. I've heard a rumour that the Bi NSW group has stolen our bit this year and are dressing up like animals with ears and tails so we have to show them how it's really done!

It's a matter of pride.

I think the contribution fee this year is $40 due to expenditure on lots of glitter and mirror balls. We have been given a grant from Mardi Gras as usual and because it's being shown on Foxtel Pay Per View the organisers wanted all entrys to be glittery, shiney, loud and proud.

The after party will be held at the boy's house in St Peters like last year and the mood of the occasion will be determined by how many of you come in the parade!

If you are wanting to be admired and loved by everyone send an email to barbarylion@iinet.net.au and/or myself with your chest measurement so we can order you a t-shirt. Due to printing time the last chance you have is this Friday. Or you can let us know a little after that if you don't want a shirt.

Thanks for your time.

Dustan DaFox.
DustanDFox
Newcomer
Newcomer

Postby DustanDFox » Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:21 pm

Greetings!

With only 11 sleeps to go before the big parade it's time to get organised, get your glitter on and put your paw up to be counted.

This years organising committee has consisted of Barbary Lion - General manager, Lupie - Construction manager, Ivan (Tiger Tim) - Electrical Engineer, Jes teh Wusky and Tech Wolfox - Music selection and Dustan as Myself.

We have ordered a massive truck so with the current attendance numbers we should be able to fit EVERYONE on it, fursuiter or not. So no stumbling up Oxford Street for ANYONE! There will also be hand held glitter launchers to be used at Taylor Square or when we can see ourselves on the big TV screens. And a T Shirt that I promise you will be able to wash. And I think I have some glittery rainbow paw print ones in the top of my cuboard that will be up for grabs too.

So please come along and help us wave the furry flag. I've heard a rumour that the Bi NSW group has stolen our bit this year and are dressing up like animals with ears and tails so we have to show them how it's really done!

It's a matter of pride.

I think the contribution fee this year is $40 due to expenditure on lots of glitter and mirror balls. We have been given a grant from Mardi Gras as usual and because it's being shown on Foxtel Pay Per View the organisers wanted all entrys to be glittery, shiney, loud and proud.

The after party will be held at the boy's house in St Peters like last year and the mood of the occasion will be determined by how many of you come in the parade!

If you are wanting to be admired and loved by everyone send an email to [url=mailto:barbarylion@iinet.net.au]mailto:barbarylion@iinet.net.au[/url] and/or myself with your chest measurement so we can order you a t-shirt. Due to printing time the last chance you have is this Friday. Or you can let us know a little after that if you don't want a shirt.

Thanks for your time.

Dustan DaFox.
SmokeyTheMalamute
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: Malamute

Re: Mardi Gras Mardi Gras MARDI GRAS! Saturday 7th March!

Postby SmokeyTheMalamute » Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:44 am

Damn that sounds awesome. Shame I cant attend it (damn water and 10,000 mile land mass).

I hear that the theme for this year is Eurovision ... would be funny if one of you looked like Terry Wogan (could call him Furry Wogan).

Just a little background on Eurovision, if I am wrong, shoot me:
Usually a Central European county wins Eurovision, and all the neighbouring states vote for each other. Britain is usually stone dead last, and puts in the worst entries ever. I dont really pay attention to Eurovision, and just laugh at how Britain sucks at it so much.

Hopefully if i get to come over I can partake in next year's. Now... back to eating pancakes (cause it is pancake day here) *numnumnum*
SmokeyTheMalamute
Newcomer
Newcomer

Postby SmokeyTheMalamute » Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:44 am

Damn that sounds awesome. Shame I cant attend it (damn water and 10,000 mile land mass).

I hear that the theme for this year is Eurovision ... would be funny if one of you looked like Terry Wogan (could call him Furry Wogan).

Just a little background on Eurovision, if I am wrong, shoot me:
Usually a Central European county wins Eurovision, and all the neighbouring states vote for each other. Britain is usually stone dead last, and puts in the worst entries ever. I dont really pay attention to Eurovision, and just laugh at how Britain sucks at it so much.

Hopefully if i get to come over I can partake in next year's. Now... back to eating pancakes (cause it is pancake day here) *numnumnum*
AussieHusky
Contributer
Contributer
Species: Husky

Postby AussieHusky » Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:29 pm

Actually the UK is in second place overall, Ireland is first with seven wins, while the UK, Luxemburg and France tie for second with 5 wins each. (Wiki)
AussieHusky
Contributer
Contributer
Species: Husky

Postby AussieHusky » Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:29 am

Actually the UK is in second place overall, Ireland is first with seven wins, while the UK, Luxemburg and France tie for second with 5 wins each. (Wiki)
SmokeyTheMalamute
Newcomer
Newcomer

Postby SmokeyTheMalamute » Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:00 am

AussieHusky wrote:Actually the UK is in second place overall, Ireland is first with seven wins, while the UK, Luxemburg and France tie for second with 5 wins each. (Wiki)
Hmmm, either that is a lie or they mean historically. Cause yeah in the past we did have some good acts, but looking at us now... *wretch*
SmokeyTheMalamute
Newcomer
Newcomer

Postby SmokeyTheMalamute » Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:00 am

Actually the UK is in second place overall, Ireland is first with seven wins, while the UK, Luxemburg and France tie for second with 5 wins each. (Wiki)[/quote]

Hmmm, either that is a lie or they mean historically. Cause yeah in the past we did have some good acts, but looking at us now... *wretch*
flare_the_dragon
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: Dingo

Postby flare_the_dragon » Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:42 pm

omg i cant believe that the Bi NSW people are doing that....
Anyhow i shall be in the crowd waitin' :P so chuck me a paw print shirt! hehe ^.^
flare_the_dragon
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: Dingo

Postby flare_the_dragon » Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:42 pm

omg i cant believe that the Bi NSW people are doing that....
Anyhow i shall be in the crowd waitin' :P so chuck me a paw print shirt! hehe ^.^