Furry Road Trip To Melbourne! Interest?

Information and questions about major conventions.
Forum rules
DISCLAIMER:
Users organise and attend conventions and share accommodation entirely at their own risk. Furstralia can take no responsibility or liability for any loss or damages which may occur during or as a result of attendance of those events or as a result of shared accommodation.
FuzziBear
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: Panda

Postby FuzziBear » Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:26 am

Queensland licenses can be used anywhere as long as we adhere to other states rules, I might look into this as well just to be on the safe side. No fines are good fines o.o[/quote]
If the restriction is a specific condition placed upon an individual's license by the issuing state, then one must comply with it at all times, regardless of which state one drives in. It's a restriction on the license itself, not a state road rule per se. :)[/quote]
also why vic p's were allowed to do pretty much anything in nsw (etc), just like your green p's until we added a similar system :P... and why we can put our plates on the inside of the windows (boo yah) on another note, dddddooooo iiiiitttttttt
MistyStriker
Super Furstralian
Super Furstralian
Species: Two-tailed Wolferret

Postby MistyStriker » Sun Aug 02, 2009 1:56 am

Just a warning to anyone interested in this: there's a high chance that Kiba will not be attending MiDfur anymore and I'm certainly not going - so if a convoy is still to be organised someone else may want to take the reins on this.
Mudge
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: Fox or Feline (Kitsune)

Postby Mudge » Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:31 am

Mark me Interested.. I'd love to come down.. still yet to see about availible tickets to Midfur but hopefully would be going..

I don't have a licence but I can drive.. not that Melb is really that far with the number of people that have shown interest anyways... I just live in the Brissie CBD area so never needed a car while I've been here in Oz.
Would also be up for the shared hotel while there.. might even (hopefully) have a suit by Dec... (hopefully)
I am very eager for it all..
Mudge
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: Fox or Feline (Kitsune)

Postby Mudge » Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:42 am

Having looked at ptions and prices and possible lack of other people going..
I may end up robbing a bank or two to ensure I can get down there by flight..
If there was anyone willing to share a room while at the hotel, I'd be more than happy for the half payments for the room.. As it would be my first meet, I doubt I'd actually be in said room much at all but hey. I suppose even I need my 5 1/2 hours sleep sometime.
Rogue
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: Wolf, Feline, Fox depends on mi mood.

Re: Furry Road Trip To Melbourne! Interest?

Postby Rogue » Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:43 pm

Looks like Ill be attending Midfur with the g/f not sure to take my own truck (will have 4 spare seats) or fly down.
The mini van hire sounds kool too. If need be have had my full open licence for over 12 years now lol.
KibaSwiftpaw
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: German Shepherd Werewolf

Postby KibaSwiftpaw » Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:49 pm

Tempting to do it this year, just waiting for prices and how much they screw us round this year
Joey
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: Coonfox

Postby Joey » Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:02 pm

I am going to midfur this year, though depends on the prices of flying compared to driving to see how I will get there/back
Sekular
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: Cat - Domestic Shorthair

Postby Sekular » Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:34 pm

Joey wrote:I am going to midfur this year, though depends on the prices of flying compared to driving to see how I will get there/back
Pretty much the boat I'm in. I wouldn't mind driving it at all if we got a crew together to go =)
Rogue
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: Wolf, Feline, Fox depends on mi mood.

Postby Rogue » Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:43 pm

Looks like Ill be attending Midfur with the g/f not sure to take my own truck (will have 4 spare seats) or fly down.
The mini van hire sounds kool too. If need be have had my full open licence for over 12 years now lol.
KibaSwiftpaw
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: German Shepherd Werewolf

Postby KibaSwiftpaw » Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:49 pm

Tempting to do it this year, just waiting for prices and how much they screw us round this year