Melb, expressions of interest.

Information and questions about major conventions.
Forum rules
DISCLAIMER:
Users organise and attend conventions and share accommodation entirely at their own risk. Furstralia can take no responsibility or liability for any loss or damages which may occur during or as a result of attendance of those events or as a result of shared accommodation.
claw-o-form
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: Bunny or something...

Postby claw-o-form » Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:57 am

Howdy all!

Lately I have been putting together a big list of ideas, plans and a bit of research in order to create a new mini con in Melbourne. At the moment I', looking for expressions of interest and possibly some ideas/feedback. The proposed date so far is Friday August 19 - Sunday 21. I am in the final stages of plotting events and times with conjunction of a few other furs.

I plan for it to happen this year as mainly a big meet and hopefully building in later years. I know this year is going to be a bit too early/short notice for anything big. At least it will give the idea a footing and some feedback from people. Now please feel free to rip this idea apart or try build on it, all advice is appreciated.

Claw ^^
Joey
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: Coonfox

Postby Joey » Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:39 pm

I would say build it as a meet and then keep it as one. As melb doesn't have a meet anymore, something with the nice 'meet' feel would be quite welcome I believe. Just stay away from the word 'con' (even 'mini-con'), it seems to build a different expectation in a weekend event.

What kind of things would you plan to do during the weekend, how much would it cost?

Either way figure out what you want out of it and more importantly what would have the greatest appeal to others. Don't want another repeat of MARF :p
Toraneko
Newcomer
Newcomer

Postby Toraneko » Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:53 pm

Why compete with MiDFur? O.o
claw-o-form
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: Bunny or something...

Postby claw-o-form » Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:58 pm

I'm not trying to compete with Midfur, its about 4 months difference and a very different style of meet. If anything, it will be competing with Rivfur in style and timeline. But I'm looking for expressions of interest and ideas for people to contribute so it is more made by the community for the community.
KibaSwiftpaw
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: German Shepherd Werewolf

Postby KibaSwiftpaw » Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:15 pm

Why not febuary then?

As you are also competing with furjam at that time?
Febuary has no cons I know of two months either side of it.

Why compete with any meet?

And I agree with Joey, a meet would be better then a con of any sort