Woodford Folk festival

Information and questions about major conventions.
Forum rules
DISCLAIMER:
Users organise and attend conventions and share accommodation entirely at their own risk. Furstralia can take no responsibility or liability for any loss or damages which may occur during or as a result of attendance of those events or as a result of shared accommodation.
flare_the_dragon
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: Dingo

Woodford Folk Festival

Postby flare_the_dragon » Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:19 am

Yo neighbourish furs! Yes i'm a sydneysider, but most years i go up to queensland for woodford folk festival (folk as in people not the genre haha). Im going up again for it for nye + week prior and was wondering if any fuzzles are going to it? Basically its a huge music and culture festival located in Woodford. Everything there rocks, been there for it the past 4 times and its never failed to satisfy! good music, good people, good nye partying (actually its intense) and goodtimes! Outdoes BDO and GV and all the other ones by leagues.
PiroFlammenweifer
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: Wolf

Re: Woodford Folk Festival

Postby PiroFlammenweifer » Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:20 pm

Dude, I am so in if i have the money. how much is it for the week?
topher
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: White Tiger yo!

Postby topher » Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:57 pm

hmm i might go for john butler trio (if they do there old stuff) and akmal. and i also dig the whole folk festival thing. if you could link me to some performers you like maybe i will be convinced
Kaz
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: Panthargon

Postby Kaz » Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:45 pm

Shall be going. But I gotta disagree, Big Day Out if definately my favorite. Way more bands that interest me. Still, It should be awesome as always.
flare_the_dragon
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: Dingo

Postby flare_the_dragon » Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:54 pm

oh of course man BDO has an intense lineup! i just love woodford for its relaxed style, culture and NYE part haha
Cascade
Newcomer
Newcomer

Postby Cascade » Sun Oct 10, 2010 5:30 pm

I usually go every year but I spent the money I usually have allocated for it on Splendour so unless I can get a volunteer spot, I'm just going to No Years at the Powerhouse.
PiroFlammenweifer
Newcomer
Newcomer

Postby PiroFlammenweifer » Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:42 pm

Hey, i'm planing to go up over night (hopefully). Are you session camp? Also which days do you surgest trying to get up there?
Cascade
Newcomer
Newcomer

Postby Cascade » Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:39 am

PiroFlammenweifer wrote:Hey, i'm planing to go up over night (hopefully). Are you session camp? Also which days do you surgest trying to get up there?
after having a look at the lineup the best days seem to be tuesday, wednesday, thursday and friday.

the lineup is Friar Tuck great this year, super excited.
PiroFlammenweifer
Newcomer
Newcomer

Postby PiroFlammenweifer » Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:34 pm

yea. YAY CAT EMPIRE X3 *lovelovelovelove* cant wait to see them. I'm thinking about going newyears but as my dad is coming up with me (damn youth entry conditions...) I'm not sure if i will be able to.
Cascade
Newcomer
Newcomer

Postby Cascade » Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:59 pm

PiroFlammenweifer wrote:yea. YAY CAT EMPIRE X3 *lovelovelovelove* cant wait to see them. I'm thinking about going newyears but as my dad is coming up with me (damn youth entry conditions...) I'm not sure if i will be able to.
what's the youth entry conditions? i went when i was 17 over new years and was allowed in fine by myself. they just have to be there with you when you get the wristband put on.