CBRFUR

Information and questions about major conventions.
Forum rules
DISCLAIMER:
Users organise and attend conventions and share accommodation entirely at their own risk. Furstralia can take no responsibility or liability for any loss or damages which may occur during or as a result of attendance of those events or as a result of shared accommodation.
Jad_Thor
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: Flottsky (Otter/Wolf/Fox/Husky)

CBRFUR

Postby Jad_Thor » Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:16 pm

So as this meet now officially works, and we're opening the doors on expanding our audience along with constantly being open to community input. We have decided to post our growing Canberra meet up on Furstralia where people who might not be able to view it on Facebook, can see, as the event is still a good while away, and we have gotten more people helping with organising the event. We can now make sure that the information is updated on all means of contact.

CBRFUR3 will be held on the 20th and 21st of July 2013

The saturday will consist of the same structure as the last CBRFUR, meet up at Civic car park 11am, head out at 12pm for the cotter with an estimated arrival time of 12:45pm. There we will have a BBQ and suiting at the dam. After departing from the BBQ area at 4pm, we will head out to the tracking station for car piccies, depending on the brightness, we might get some nice effects.

As we got some input from CBRFUR2, We are deciding to have two options for the Saturday night, either go to Cube Nightclub or go out for a night time cruise from 10pm to 11:30pm so there will be plenty of time to be awake the next morning.

Sunday morning we will have breakfast at 10am (Pending Venue), and head out to another near-by photo op location for more car shots and photos/chats before finishing at about 2pm
AbstractShadow
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: Dragon (western)

CBRFUR

Postby AbstractShadow » Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:57 pm

Breakfast at 10pm? :P
Spi Cybershark
Furstralian
Furstralian
Species: Cybershark

CBRFUR

Postby Spi Cybershark » Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:19 pm

AbstractShadow: call it the all-day breakfast? :P Yes it should be 10am.

[hmm, the BBCode isn't working...]
Criswolf
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: Feline; Somali

CBRFUR

Postby Criswolf » Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:38 pm

I've got my fingers crossed my 9 will be fixed... lol v_v
Jad_Thor
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: Flottsky (Otter/Wolf/Fox/Husky)

CBRFUR

Postby Jad_Thor » Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:58 pm

Fixed! x3 Don't mind muh specual. :D
Spi Cybershark
Furstralian
Furstralian

CBRFUR

Postby Spi Cybershark » Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:56 am

-whoops, double post-
Spi Cybershark
Furstralian
Furstralian

CBRFUR

Postby Spi Cybershark » Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:25 am

Some updates pulled off the Facebook thread so people watching this one are kept in the loop:

- Saturday night is being planned as a night of casual drinks and suiting at the function room of the Capital Executive Apartment Hotel (108 Northbourne Av, Braddon). There's a $5 cover charge planned, similar to how FurJam's works. "Suggestions for music will be noted".
You can sleep here too if you want - rooms are going around the $140 mark to sleep two, $180 for four or $199 for five (these are direct rates, you may find cheaper online) - so if you can group up, $40 a person is achievable.

- Sunday morning is again at Gus' (Garema Place) at 9am (note time change) - but please RSVP because we need to pre-book due to limited space - the cut-off is two weeks before (so early July).

- Sunday afternoon's venue is the International Flag Display, on the southside of Lake Burley Griffin, out the front of Old Parliament House.

That's all. :)
vixen
Contributer
Contributer
Species: Fox

CBRFUR

Postby vixen » Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:32 am

Could I suggest Questacon?? X"D Wanna go there again so bad, and it's always way more fun with groups of people!!
vixen
Contributer
Contributer
Species: Fox

CBRFUR

Postby vixen » Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:40 am

Good to see this up elsewhere other than facebook..

Crazy and I will love to come! Both of us were peeved we missed the last one, never heard of it until I saw photos on FA! X"D Always wanted to go back to tidbinbilla too! =P

We both originated/ met the first furs IRL ever when we lived in Canberra. And even though ALOT of people don't like Canberra, WE LOVE IT! Best place ever! Sooo yeh.. can't wait!

Also.. glad Saturday night plan changed.. would have liked the cruise.. but.. Cube is a place I have tried to go to before, but the pictures out the front creeped us a bit and we left X"D lol.. don't get me wrong, been and loved going to other gay clubs.. this one just had a creepy vibe! ^^;;
Spi Cybershark
Furstralian
Furstralian

CBRFUR

Postby Spi Cybershark » Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:06 pm

Also.. glad Saturday night plan changed.. would have liked the cruise.. but.. Cube is a place I have tried to go to before, but the pictures out the front creeped us a bit and we left X"D lol.. don't get me wrong, been and loved going to other gay clubs.. this one just had a creepy vibe! ^^;;
[/quote]

We went there last time mainly as a place that'd be fursuit-friendly, but the couple of suiters that did turn up ended up scared away by how they were treated (and there were some other things too I think), so we were pretty much out of there within the hour. So I don't think you're the only one who's relieved the Sat night thing is somewhere a bit more private.