Unknown, Wed Sep 24, 2014 5:19 pm
1) The Furstralia.Com domain is being transferred to a new home. This will make it easier to change the details
2) On a Friday afternoon we will set the old forum to READ ONLY and take a copy of all data
3) We will then migrate the data to a new PHPbb3 forum and set up the users, forums, and posts. Approx 7hrs
4) The new forum will then be made live and will be seen on the net after a few hours of changeover
5) Over the next few days we will reattach users to their avatars.
6) Facebook/Twitter and other social media logins will be set up again.
Now - due to the differences between the forums we cannot migrate the personal messages. Sorry.. But we will keep the raw data so if you ask we can retrieve the message and email it to you.
It's also been noticed that some people have strange characters in their usernames. We may have to remove these characters and emails you the new one.
Good news - the passwords are coming across as is so you do not need to issue new ones
Will keep you posted.
Unknown, Sat Sep 27, 2014 3:22 pm
- Posts: 235
- Species: Goat
There are a few teething issues, and we will deal with them as soon as we spot them.
We apologise for any inconveniences, and if you see ANY issues, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks for your help! Let's look to getting Furstralia back to scratch.
- Posts: 31
- Species: Abysinnian Wolf
- Location: Brisbane
Whilst Migrating I found that originally there that the site was on PHPbb, and that there was a folder with over 800 user icons that had not been transferrred. So I have moved these as well
I have also moved over the personal info and added some extra fields for you to fill in too.