Missing Posts.. Please Read

Recovering pre 2013 posts that are missing

Poll ended at Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:47 am

Create a separate forum called OLD and use that.
21%
Integrate the old information into the new forum
26%
Do both, 1 first, and then 2 over time
53%

Total votes: 19

Admin
Species: Abysinnian Wolf

Marcwolf, Sun Oct 05, 2014 9:47 am

Hi folks. It's been found that there are some older posts missing.. And some Topics that have no posts.
I'll explain what I have found out so far.

Originally the forum was on PHPbb3. Back in early 2013 Zwabbe moved it over to Vanilla.
However not everything went across and a lot of posts were lost.

Now the forum has moved back to PHPbb3 I was very careful to ensure all the posts from the Vanilla system came over.

Fortunately :D I found a very old backup of the original PHPbb3 system that has all of the missing posts.
Now I can do the following.

1) Set this up as a separate forum marked OLD and non-updatable. That way you can catch up on all of the old posts
2) Slowly over time integrate the missing stuff back in. I can do this but it will take a little time :)

Let me know

Furstralian
Species: Goat

Wererstritchy, Sun Oct 05, 2014 9:58 am

How long do you intend to keep the 'old forum' open for?

Admin
Species: Abysinnian Wolf

Marcwolf, Sun Oct 05, 2014 10:06 am

Ack.. Definition of OLD..

The OLD Vanilla forum is essentially gone. Everything came over, and I was not able to get it working again on the old site. As an IT guy who's job relies on information I have done a lot of cross checking re the Vanilla data and the current PHPbb3 data.

Old as in 2013 and older - Indefinately.. Although I will work at integration. There is SO much history of Australian Furries here.

Return to “News and Notices”