The Introductions and Welcomes Thread

Wanna know what we're doing and what's going on? Check it out here!
Furrhan Blackwood
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!
Species: Eastern Quoll

The Introductions and Welcomes Thread

Postby Furrhan Blackwood » Thu Jul 30, 2015 1:19 pm

Hi, everyone and welcome to Furstralia and to Furstralia's Introducing and Welcoming Thread!

I'm Furrhan, one of the admins here. :) Our other staff are Wererstritchy, Foxy_Malone and Marcwolf. We're all here to help so please do feel free to PM or email us any time if you need help with anything.

In this thread please feel free to introduce yourself so we and all the users here can welcome you to the forums! We're all friendly here and we'd love to get to know you so what are you waiting for? Come and tell us who you are! :D

I'm Furrhan, an Eastern Quoll from Tasmania. :) You can call me Furrhan or just Furr for short. :) Some of you may know me from around the web by that name or as Hlaoroo, Hrairoo, Hrairoo5er or as that weird Eastern Quoll from Tasmania. I am Australian, a furry (but strictly a clean one!), and a Christian. I'm a 24 year old guy who's studying to be a veterinarian. I like being outdoors, don't like crowds, love jazz and swing, don't like seafood and love chocolate perhaps a little too much. I play alto saxophone, forgot how to play piano, and pretend to play the didgeridoo. I live in the bush but not in the outback, I like toasting marshmallows on the fire, and I love curling up with a good book. I'm a moderator on the forums for the Housepets Comic! and I love a good chinwag!

So, that's me in a nutshell! It's great to meet you all and I look forward to seeing you guys around the forums!

So, who the heck are you all?
Frostwood Forever! <3

"The best doesn't always happen, but you can make the best of what does happen. And if you can do that, you're gonna be happy." - Red Foo's dad.

Avatar drawn by the incredible Rick Griffin and coloured by the amazing Arty Stu!
FoxTailedCritter
Furstralian
Furstralian
Species: ►Vampire fox

Re: The Introducing and Welcoming Thread

Postby FoxTailedCritter » Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:42 am

Heya, I'm "FoxTailedCritter" but y'all can call me "FTC" for short. :D

I'm a 20 yr old male whom hails from Brisbane, Loganlea.. I've been in the furry fandom and on this site for years and years.
My fursona is a fox hybrid, Nothing much to say about me aside from I'm a major loner bit of an oddball but all in all friendly guy.

I like drawing art, shooting, fishing, camping and playing games online.
That's pretty much me in a nutshell. ^‿‿^

Everything you say or do has ripple effects....
Be the change you want to see in the world.
arnung
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: Dragon

New furry or maybe not for those who already know me.

Postby arnung » Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:06 pm

Hello Everyone,

I am 30 years old, yes I bit old. I know furry since 16 years I think know and the furry fandom since 8.

I planned to live in Australia in the future, If i can obtain a sponsorship. De facto I looking for an accomodation to rent or a collocation, I will arrive in australia the 5th November at Sydney.
Yes I come with a WHV and yes I will leave my job to come to Australia, I am actually in position as software engineer.

So now what about the personal part ?
I am a blue dragon, I do not know realy much about Australia Artist as I came from europe, but I like zambuka art, Zen art,furryratchet, darknatasha, and many other.
And no sadely I am not a drawer, in fact I am realy bad at it ^^.
As lot of you I like also animes, and video games.
I like hiking, tourism, travel, nature,
And I practise "les mills" courses (fitness)
I am bisexual.

I am not realy good to speak about myself specially in english, but if you want to know more about me, do not hesitate to ask me anything.
And if you have an opportunity of job or accomodation in Sydney It will help me a lot.

ps: I will update my profile soon, with picture for avatar and stuff.
Forgive my bad english, I am also here to improve it.
Furrhan Blackwood
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Re: The Introductions and Welcomes Thread

Postby Furrhan Blackwood » Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:08 pm

Welcome, Arrnung!

It's great to have you! Your English is great! It's going to be great to have you around the forums!

Hi there, FTC! Thanks for having stuck around and being loyal for so long! We really appreciate it! Please feel free to advertise us and get all your friends on here! Word of mouth works wonders!
Frostwood Forever! <3

"The best doesn't always happen, but you can make the best of what does happen. And if you can do that, you're gonna be happy." - Red Foo's dad.

Avatar drawn by the incredible Rick Griffin and coloured by the amazing Arty Stu!
arnung
Newcomer
Newcomer

Postby arnung » Sat Aug 01, 2015 6:48 am

Thank you furrhan, Are you many on this forum or it is just a new forum.
And I received your message, but as my profile is new i can't answer, so I will answer here. No worry about frustrated me, in fact you are realy kind in your message so thank you.

I am not sure yet where I will live, as I look for a sponsorship. I will move everywhere I can find it.
Furrhan Blackwood
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Postby Furrhan Blackwood » Sat Aug 01, 2015 3:56 pm

No worries, Arnung. :)

This is actually the oldest community of Australian furries on the internet! We've been around in on form or another since 2006! Unfortunately we've seen a decline in activity of late but I'm determined to bring us back to the bustling and enthusiastic community that we once were. :)

Best of luck finding a place to live!

As to being a new user, I've just been looking at those settings. Once you make three posts you automatically join the "Registered Users" group and you get full access to the board except for moderator-specific functions, obviously. The settings for the "New Users" group look very restrictive and unfriendly to me. I'll definitely look into getting that changed. Thanks for bringing that to my attention!
Frostwood Forever! <3

arnung
Newcomer
Newcomer

Postby arnung » Sat Aug 01, 2015 4:54 pm

thank yoou but no problem, and i am already unlocked then.
I have some idea to improve the forum:
A chat part can bu very usefull,
An idea section if it does not exist yet can also be usefull to improve the forum
A troubleshooting section can do the work when people experiment lot of trouble
Furrhan Blackwood
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Postby Furrhan Blackwood » Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:35 pm

Glad to hear it.
Thanks for those suggestions! They're very helpful! We actually do have a Support and Feedback forum where users can bring any issues to our attention as well as give us ideas for things we can do. :)
As soon as I'm finished with the revamp I'll definitely make a thread for general chitchat too!
If you've got any more ideas then please do share over in the Support and Feedback forum!
Frostwood Forever! <3

arnung
Newcomer
Newcomer

Postby arnung » Sun Aug 02, 2015 12:11 am

Ok then:
- I seen games on other forums. So maybe you can implement some game with a php plugin ^^. Or it's always possible to make a section for it in the forum.

ps: your currrent post is the 69 one :p
Furrhan Blackwood
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Postby Furrhan Blackwood » Sun Aug 02, 2015 4:30 pm

So it is. Well, not now. :P

We do have a section where you can play forum and text based games here. If you mean like actual flash games though, that would take a bit of working out. I'll finish this revamp and then talk to the other admins and see if that's a logistical possibility or not.
Frostwood Forever! <3