The Introductions and Welcomes Thread

Wanna know what we're doing and what's going on? Check it out here!
Furrhan Blackwood
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!
Species: Eastern Quoll

Re: The Introductions and Welcomes Thread

Postby Furrhan Blackwood » Sat May 13, 2017 7:20 pm

Yay! New people!
Welcome Jaffah and Gemstone! It's great to have you!
Do feel free to ask if we can do anything to help you settle in!

@Gemstone if you do think of a name for your fursona and you'd like your forum name changed to reflect that I'm happy to change it for you!

As to groups, there is an AusFurs group on Facebook. Also if you check out the state sections of the forums you should find links to groups and furs in your area!

@Jaffah: Do feel free to share your stories and jokes here if you wish! It would be fun to hear them!
Frostwood Forever! <3

"The best doesn't always happen, but you can make the best of what does happen. And if you can do that, you're gonna be happy." - Red Foo's dad.

Avatar drawn by the incredible Rick Griffin and coloured by the amazing Arty Stu!
chris.cross
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: FOLF

Postby chris.cross » Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:13 pm

Hi everybody. Melbournes resident white wolf is making a return to the fur community after hiding away doing my own things for so many years.
Im a fluffy energetic and agile wolf who loves to play around
Pwn on video games or just chill with some anime and Blow clouds.
Woof😎

Any fellow furry gamers
Furrhan Blackwood
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Postby Furrhan Blackwood » Sun Jun 11, 2017 6:28 pm

Hi, Chris, and welcome! Great to have you!
Frostwood Forever! <3

"The best doesn't always happen, but you can make the best of what does happen. And if you can do that, you're gonna be happy." - Red Foo's dad.

Avatar drawn by the incredible Rick Griffin and coloured by the amazing Arty Stu!
Reaver
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: snow leopard

Postby Reaver » Sun Jul 02, 2017 11:25 am

Greetings and Salutations,

Newly signed up 36yr old shy snow leopard from Launceston... been known to write fiction as a hobby, in fact I'm 'working' on a book to get published (first of a trilogy it seems to be)... daily (well, nightly) ps4 gaming stream on youtube, love the colder climates, mature age student (wanted something other than the dead end laboring jobs I've had all my working adult life)... would love to be a helicopter pilot but can't afford the classes...

ultimately I'd love to meet other launnie ppls in person but I'm not holding out much hope for that...

have known about the fandom for a while (years) but never really considered myself a part of it til recently after deciding to do more than just 'be looking through the window' as it were...

I may not show up here every day, but I am looking forward to meeting everyone none the less :)
"Know what the definition of a hero is? Someone who gets other people killed." - Zoe.
Furrhan Blackwood
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Postby Furrhan Blackwood » Sun Jul 02, 2017 4:27 pm

Welcome, Reaver! It's great to have you!
You sound like a cool guy! What are you studying?

Do feel free to ask if you have any questions or anything about anything on these forums or anything furry in general! :D
Frostwood Forever! <3

KonekoKatsuragi
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: Wolf

Postby KonekoKatsuragi » Tue Jul 04, 2017 3:26 pm

Not much to tell,

I have depression and anxiety (related to trust issues since I've been used many times before and treated like shit >.>)

I am 20, currently live in Queensland, I am male and straight.
I have just started drawing anthro art this year (2017) but have been quite a fan of the NSFW stuff for about 5 years. (since I was 15)

I am usually pretty chill and hard to annoy as I am quite open minded so I don't judge people for their preferences.
Feel free to talk to me as i'd like to meet other people.

My hobbies are:
Gaming
Drawing
Faldor
Professional Procrastinator
Professional Procrastinator
Species: South East Island Dragon

Postby Faldor » Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:02 pm

Welcome to the forums Koneko!

Nice to meet you.

Sorry to hear about the trust issues and what it has brought on, hopefully in time things can mend for you.

Until then, glad to have you here, and feel free to jump into any posts :D
Please forgive the lateness of my reply.
KonekoKatsuragi
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: Wolf

Postby KonekoKatsuragi » Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:34 am

Faldor wrote:
Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:02 pm
Welcome to the forums Koneko!

Nice to meet you.

Sorry to hear about the trust issues and what it has brought on, hopefully in time things can mend for you.

Until then, glad to have you here, and feel free to jump into any posts :D
Thanks, glad to be here :D
Reaver
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: snow leopard

Postby Reaver » Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:18 pm

Furrhan Blackwood wrote:
Sun Jul 02, 2017 4:27 pm
Welcome, Reaver! It's great to have you!
You sound like a cool guy! What are you studying?

Do feel free to ask if you have any questions or anything about anything on these forums or anything furry in general! :D
I sound like a cool guy? then you need to get your hearing checked lol

I'm studying to become a laboratory assistant, and I play magic the gathering, or at least I did before moving to launnie almost 2 years ago... I know about the store in town that does friday nights, but I found that it's for competition deck builds, with gold coin entry to actually play, and I'm just looking for casual friendly fun games with non-standard decks... also, when bored I design tribal style tattoos that sit in books gathering dust lol

I've been told in the past that I should take them in to some of the local tattoo shops to get their opinions, maybe get paid for the designs, but meh... that's not why I do it...

other than that I'm bi/curious, and a father of 2 in an unhappy 'open' marriage that I'm not leaving cos of the kids. I say unhappy cos her life partner lives with us and has done for over 3 years now.

basically I'm just starting to try to network, get to know likeminded new ppl and live my life again...
"Know what the definition of a hero is? Someone who gets other people killed." - Zoe.
SilentRavyn
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: Arctic Foxwolf

Northern fur travels south!

Postby SilentRavyn » Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:57 am

Hi friends! I'm an artist and fursuiter from the great white north (Canada), and it's a pleasure to meet you all :)

I'm a traditional artist, mostly working in watercolor, colored pencil and markers. My fursuit is by Don't Hug Cacti (pics here!) and I love to go out and be fluffy.

I adore travelling, hiking and camping, animals (of course), good food, good music, and good times :)

The reason I've joined this forum is I'll be spending a year abroad in Australia during 2018, and I figured maybe making some furry friends would help me get out and socialize while I'm down here. I'm generally a very shy person, but I find the furry fandom makes things a lot easier as we already have something in common to talk about!

My plans are not set in stone, but I expect to spend the first half of the year in the Melbourne area, and the second half around Sydney. I'll be trying to attend conventions along the way (Confurgence, FurDU, Harbor City Fur Con, etc.) I'd love to meet any of you if you live in those areas or attend those cons! I'll keep an eye out for local furmeets too.

I'll be heading down south in January, so I may be more active around then, but feel free to get in touch if you want to chat!