FurDU 2014 dates and venue.

Forum rules
DISCLAIMER:
Users organise and attend meets and conventions and share accommodation entirely at their own risk. Furstralia can take no responsibility or liability for any loss or damages which may occur during or as a result of attendance of those events or as a result of shared accommodation.
Spi Cybershark
Furstralian
Furstralian
Species: Cybershark

Postby Spi Cybershark » Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:37 pm

[Disclaimer: just a signal-boost for the non-FB'ers here - given a lot of last year's stuff was SB'd by myself and Foxy Malone, it might end up similar this year, haha. Anyway.]

Just a bit of a heads-up on the goings on for next year's Gold Coast relaxcon - because they announced the dates today for Furry Down Under 2014 - the fifth in a series. :P

Headline note - it's not ANZAC weekend like it has been the last couple years.

Dates: Friday 28 - Sunday 30 March, 2014
That's three weeks before Easter - not in school holidays; public schools have a week or two to go depending on the state (one week in Queensland).

The venue is the same as last year - the Outrigger Hotel (22 View Avenue, on the north side of Surfers).

If you aren't aware of the theme yet: Surfers Paradise becomes "Fhloston Paradise" - and if you don't know what that is, go and watch The Fifth Element, it was only repeated on Channel 10 about five dozen times :P
...although I haven't watched it in ages either, so I had to look it up to describe it properly. Think futuristic (and properly futuristic) holiday desto and club type of thing. :)

Regos not open yet - when the site gets renewed soon-ish, then you can go for it.

--

That's enough signal-boosting for now.
Get your Multi-Passes ready :P, and hope to see you there!

*retracts antenna, beeps* :P
~ Spi :)
FoxTailedCritter
Furstralian
Furstralian
Species: ►Vampire fox

Postby FoxTailedCritter » Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:49 pm

Can't wait to go again next year! x3
Everything you say or do has ripple effects....
Be the change you want to see in the world.
Sebastian
Furstralian Fanatic
Furstralian Fanatic
Species: wallaby/chameleon hybrid

Postby Sebastian » Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:16 pm

My funds are.... verging on the maybe, could be, might be, possible but I can't commit at this stage.

Let me put it another way. Do I *want* to go? H*E*L*L Y*E*A*H*!*!*!. Just don't have enough dosh at the moment to make it certain.
Wererstritchy
Furstralian
Furstralian
Species: Goat

Postby Wererstritchy » Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:37 pm

I want to go, but I have a strict budget, one con a year. And I'm very interested in going to a particular con next year.
Sebastian
Furstralian Fanatic
Furstralian Fanatic

Postby Sebastian » Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:19 pm

I want to go, but I have a strict budget, one con a year. And I'm very interested in going to a particular con next year.[/quote]Rivfur or ConFurgence? I'm guessing RivFur?
Wererstritchy
Furstralian
Furstralian
Species: Goat

Postby Wererstritchy » Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:52 am

Yes, RivFur. I volunteered during the first con, I'm going to volunteer for the second.
Talinart
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: Lynx

Postby Talinart » Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:08 pm

Thanks for the update Spi.

I liked the Outrigger this year (the Watermark had an air hockey table, but the Outrigger is closer to the mall - so it all evens out). I must say, the Fhloston Paradise theme for the next FurDU sounds like a tonne of fun - just don't forget to ask about the little red button on the bottom of the gun B-)

I'll start rummaging under the sofa cushions and car seats for loose change post haste!
Sebastian
Furstralian Fanatic
Furstralian Fanatic

Postby Sebastian » Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:47 pm

Don't forget to check inside the Roomba ;)
Spi Cybershark
Furstralian
Furstralian
Species: Cybershark

Postby Spi Cybershark » Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:53 pm

Standard registration for FurDU 2014 is now online.

Now the site's back up, jump onto http://www.furrydownunder.com/ and hit the "Register" link.

80 bucks for the normal ticket (up to March 15th - it'll be $100 after that).

Sponsorship will be $80 extra (so $160 total) and as usual, will be done on an upgrade basis - so get your standard ticket now, then pay up the extra when upgrades are made available.

It'll be like the last one - a limit of 100 sponsors, and things will be unlocked based on how many they get.

That's all. :)
paavokunkel24
Newcomer
Newcomer

Postby paavokunkel24 » Mon Dec 16, 2013 12:21 pm

Hi. I've clicked on the Furdu 2014 register link. Not working. For the past ten weeks - I've been trying and trying again to get into the Furdu 2014 register. I will keep on trying as time goes on.