FJ poll

Forum rules
DISCLAIMER:
Users organise and attend meets and conventions and share accommodation entirely at their own risk. Furstralia can take no responsibility or liability for any loss or damages which may occur during or as a result of attendance of those events or as a result of shared accommodation.

Read post for option details

Option 1
31%
Option 1
31%
Option 2
19%
Option 2
19%

Total votes: 118
Foxdale
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: Fox

FJ poll

Postby Foxdale » Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:10 pm

Hey all.

Just putting a poll up to see what people would rather for FurJam 2012. With the increase in numbers FJ is at a fork road where we can almost become a small half con. But we still want to know what all of you want.

Option 1. Furjam sticks to the 2011 layout: pay per event (on each day), self accomodated hotels/hostels, etc.

Option 2. Furjam takes a step forward: Pre/Registration for the whole event, base hotel with function room, potential shuttle bus to and from outdoor activities, new events/new locations.

-The purpose of this poll is to -estimate- the figures (attendees/times+dates/financial issues/price range) only. Please keep in mind that whatever the outcome is with this poll, it does not determine the final decision that will be made for FurJAM 2012. This is simply for feedback purposes, and any official updates will be posted on the FurJAM website (Which is currently still the old one. The new one is a work in progress).

(For option 2, an expected price increase needs to be acknowledged by the target audience in order to make necessary changes in FurJAM's new approach. The increase will not be drastic but, instead, at a fair range in order to reach our goal in the growth of Sydney's biggest furry/anthropomorphic event!)
Foxdale
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: Fox

FJ poll

Postby Foxdale » Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:10 pm

Hey all.

Just putting a poll up to see what people would rather for FurJam 2012. With the increase in numbers FJ is at a fork road where we can almost become a small half con. But we still want to know what all of you want.

Option 1. Furjam sticks to the 2011 layout: pay per event (on each day), self accomodated hotels/hostels, etc.

Option 2. Furjam takes a step forward: Pre/Registration for the whole event, base hotel with function room, potential shuttle bus to and from outdoor activities, new events/new locations.

-The purpose of this poll is to -estimate- the figures (attendees/times+dates/financial issues/price range) only. Please keep in mind that whatever the outcome is with this poll, it does not determine the final decision that will be made for FurJAM 2012. This is simply for feedback purposes, and any official updates will be posted on the FurJAM website (Which is currently still the old one. The new one is a work in progress).

(For option 2, an expected price increase needs to be acknowledged by the target audience in order to make necessary changes in FurJAM's new approach. The increase will not be drastic but, instead, at a fair range in order to reach our goal in the growth of Sydney's biggest furry/anthropomorphic event!)
Treemeadow
Furstralian Fanatic
Furstralian Fanatic
Species: Canine- Cockspaniel/'yote and lab cross

Re: FJ poll

Postby Treemeadow » Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:19 pm

I would go with Option one for THIS year, and Option Two for NEXT year, on the basis that you may be way too stressed organizing a con by October, and if you die from stress, we get ZILCH Furjam.

That being said, I'm a whore for pain, and finding cheap options and planning things is fun. I'm happy to offer a hand with anything (Finding venues is my speciality. Weddings, Parties, Events. I've done it my whole life, since my dad has been a functions person forever).
Pierric
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: White Tiger

//

Postby Pierric » Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:30 pm

//
Last edited by Pierric on Tue Jul 07, 2015 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Volund
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: Wuskan

Postby Volund » Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:14 pm

I think option 2 is a great idea, but having it done by this October I think will stress you guys out far too much! Last year's was absolutely amazing, though in my personal opinion I think both options would be great, depending if there's cut off dates, etc.
Either way, I'm looking forward to it!
Treemeadow
Furstralian Fanatic
Furstralian Fanatic
Species: Canine- Cockspaniel/'yote and lab cross

FJ poll

Postby Treemeadow » Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:19 pm

I would go with Option one for THIS year, and Option Two for NEXT year, on the basis that you may be way too stressed organizing a con by October, and if you die from stress, we get ZILCH Furjam.

That being said, I'm a whore for pain, and finding cheap options and planning things is fun. I'm happy to offer a hand with anything (Finding venues is my speciality. Weddings, Parties, Events. I've done it my whole life, since my dad has been a functions person forever).
Pierric
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: White Tiger

//

Postby Pierric » Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:30 pm

//
Last edited by Pierric on Tue Jul 07, 2015 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Volund
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: Wuskan

FJ poll

Postby Volund » Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:14 pm

I think option 2 is a great idea, but having it done by this October I think will stress you guys out far too much! Last year's was absolutely amazing, though in my personal opinion I think both options would be great, depending if there's cut off dates, etc.
Either way, I'm looking forward to it!
Blood
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: Maltese terrier

Postby Blood » Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:41 pm

Option 2 all the way.
UnderDrag
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: Dragon

Postby UnderDrag » Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:45 pm

Option 1 this year, and then next year, while we look at potential pricing for the switchover next yeah.