FJ poll

Forum rules
DISCLAIMER:
Users organise and attend meets and conventions and share accommodation entirely at their own risk. Furstralia can take no responsibility or liability for any loss or damages which may occur during or as a result of attendance of those events or as a result of shared accommodation.

Read post for option details

Option 1
31%
Option 1
31%
Option 2
19%
Option 2
19%

Total votes: 118
Blood
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: Maltese terrier

FJ poll

Postby Blood » Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:41 pm

Option 2 all the way.
UnderDrag
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: Dragon

FJ poll

Postby UnderDrag » Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:45 pm

Option 1 this year, and then next year, while we look at potential pricing for the switchover next yeah.
kat_aclysm
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: It's pretty obvious

Re: FJ poll

Postby kat_aclysm » Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:30 pm

The best part of FurJam (at least, in my opinion) is Saturday's Centennial Park barbecue and then the events of the Saturday evening (the table activities (poker, Uno, draw-off games) were seriously awesome. FurJam is meant to be very casual and fun. If possible, I'd like to see it stay strong to its roots - it's a casual fur-meet and it's fun, as well as being very cheap. I'd say keep it as a Friday evening / Saturday BBQ + Evening Party / Sunday event in the city for this year. Look at numbers for last year and expected numbers for this year. I'm not entirely certain if Australia is ready for 3 Furry Conventions a year just yet, to be honest with you. It can always be reviewed and considered, plus if you keep things as a meet this year, it gives you more time to scope out venues for 2013.

However, I'm still quite interested in helping out for this year's functions! If you need me, please do yelp! <3

~ Kat
kat_aclysm
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: It's pretty obvious

FJ poll

Postby kat_aclysm » Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:30 am

The best part of FurJam (at least, in my opinion) is Saturday's Centennial Park barbecue and then the events of the Saturday evening (the table activities (poker, Uno, draw-off games) were seriously awesome. FurJam is meant to be very casual and fun. If possible, I'd like to see it stay strong to its roots - it's a casual fur-meet and it's fun, as well as being very cheap. I'd say keep it as a Friday evening / Saturday BBQ + Evening Party / Sunday event in the city for this year. Look at numbers for last year and expected numbers for this year. I'm not entirely certain if Australia is ready for 3 Furry Conventions a year just yet, to be honest with you. It can always be reviewed and considered, plus if you keep things as a meet this year, it gives you more time to scope out venues for 2013.

However, I'm still quite interested in helping out for this year's functions! If you need me, please do yelp! <3

~ Kat
Joey
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: Coonfox

Postby Joey » Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:07 am

I will basically say what I said to the rivfur crew when they mentioned they wanted to do the same thing. A con is a whole new kettle of fish.

kat_aclysm has basically made most of the points I would. But I will add that I meet itself is something different, relaxed and fun. A con is more of a 3+ day party which is great but it is a different feel all together. It costs more and for that reason people expect more and feel stressed to attend everything they can (or at least be at the con for as much time as possible).

I am not saying don't do it, or that you cannot do it (I am sure you guys will do a great job). I just want you to realize that it will be different and once you take that step you may create a divide if you want to go back.
Joey
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: Coonfox

FJ poll

Postby Joey » Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:07 am

I will basically say what I said to the rivfur crew when they mentioned they wanted to do the same thing. A con is a whole new kettle of fish.

kat_aclysm has basically made most of the points I would. But I will add that I meet itself is something different, relaxed and fun. A con is more of a 3+ day party which is great but it is a different feel all together. It costs more and for that reason people expect more and feel stressed to attend everything they can (or at least be at the con for as much time as possible).

I am not saying don't do it, or that you cannot do it (I am sure you guys will do a great job). I just want you to realize that it will be different and once you take that step you may create a divide if you want to go back.
Jynx_
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: Wolf/Panther

Postby Jynx_ » Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:05 pm

As much as I would love to see FJ advancing , as most have said, I think keeping it relaxed would be best, and slowly easing it in. Maybe still keeping a base hotel and shuttle bus for less confusion, wouldnt be a bad idea, seeing as some may have gotten lost getting to the park and such. And then next year seriously sitting down and working out ways to make it more.. well.. not convention-ey but for lack of a better work, yeah.. Thats what I think any way ^.^; now back to my Sloshed Otter :lol:
Jynx_
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: Wolf/Panther

FJ poll

Postby Jynx_ » Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:05 pm

As much as I would love to see FJ advancing , as most have said, I think keeping it relaxed would be best, and slowly easing it in. Maybe still keeping a base hotel and shuttle bus for less confusion, wouldnt be a bad idea, seeing as some may have gotten lost getting to the park and such. And then next year seriously sitting down and working out ways to make it more.. well.. not convention-ey but for lack of a better work, yeah.. Thats what I think any way ^.^; now back to my Sloshed Otter :lol:
UnderDrag
Newcomer
Newcomer

Postby UnderDrag » Sat Jan 14, 2012 7:56 am

I'd love to be on a comittee to discuss ways to make this a reality.

Is there one being organised?
UnderDrag
Newcomer
Newcomer

FJ poll

Postby UnderDrag » Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:56 am

I'd love to be on a comittee to discuss ways to make this a reality.

Is there one being organised?