Where are the Furjam photos?

Forum rules
DISCLAIMER:
Users organise and attend meets and conventions and share accommodation entirely at their own risk. Furstralia can take no responsibility or liability for any loss or damages which may occur during or as a result of attendance of those events or as a result of shared accommodation.
Sebastian
Furstralian Fanatic
Furstralian Fanatic
Species: wallaby/chameleon hybrid

Re: Where are the Furjam photos?

Postby Sebastian » Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:45 pm

Grr... this is the one of the biggest reasons I totally hate facebook: completely unwanted notifications of "potential friends" from people I have never known. It keeps nominating people simply because they're in my area or they went to the same school as me (about 20 years *AFTER* me). I've searched all over FB but I can't find the option to stop it doing this!
Sebastian
Furstralian Fanatic
Furstralian Fanatic

Postby Sebastian » Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:45 pm

Grr... this is the one of the biggest reasons I totally hate facebook: completely unwanted notifications of "potential friends" from people I have never known. It keeps nominating people simply because they're in my area or they went to the same school as me (about 20 years *AFTER* me). I've searched all over FB but I can't find the option to stop it doing this!
Foxy_Malone
Admin
Admin
Species: Snow Leopard

Postby Foxy_Malone » Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:55 am

KaiAdin wrote:If anything multiple albums have been posted to the Facebook page for Furjam, + on peoples personal Galleries there!

(the Facebook group for FJ and all the major events seem to be more happening than Furstralia thesedays)
Only because you keep dragging them there, its entirely possible to cross post you know
Foxy_Malone
Admin
Admin
Species: Snow Leopard

Postby Foxy_Malone » Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:55 am

If anything multiple albums have been posted to the Facebook page for Furjam, + on peoples personal Galleries there!

(the Facebook group for FJ and all the major events seem to be more happening than Furstralia thesedays)[/quote]

Only because you keep dragging them there, its entirely possible to cross post you know
Sebastian
Furstralian Fanatic
Furstralian Fanatic

Postby Sebastian » Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:24 pm

Foxy_Malone wrote:Only because you keep dragging them there, its entirely possible to cross post you know
Amen to that Foxy! Furstralia should be the hub, not FB.
Sebastian
Furstralian Fanatic
Furstralian Fanatic

Postby Sebastian » Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:24 pm

Only because you keep dragging them there, its entirely possible to cross post you know[/quote]Amen to that Foxy! Furstralia should be the hub, not FB.
KaiAdin
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: Housekitty

Postby KaiAdin » Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:00 am

Foxy_Malone wrote:
KaiAdin wrote:If anything multiple albums have been posted to the Facebook page for Furjam, + on peoples personal Galleries there!

(the Facebook group for FJ and all the major events seem to be more happening than Furstralia thesedays)

I didn't take them! Take that up with the photographers! I just go where they are!
Sebastian wrote:
Foxy_Malone wrote:Only because you keep dragging them there, its entirely possible to cross post you know
Amen to that Foxy! Furstralia should be the hub, not FB.
I *did* organise the Kyell Gold meet with Cluffy here Via Furstralia :P so It's not as if I dont try! X3

The Sad fact of the matter is, cross posting and trying to organise things (as well as upload photos) is a Pain in the rear to do for more than a few sites... I did that with the Kyell meet, and it worked ok, but I only went to that effort cause Meeting Kyell would be at the most frequent, a Once a year thing!
And unfortunately FB is just more trafficked and visited by more of the NSW furs, sure they have accounts here.. but I always hear the "Oh yea.. I can't be bothered logging into Furstralia to check" kinda line when I prod them.

Edit: Speaking of which, *despite* several pleas and links to post here to RSVP, only about a 3rd of the final attendance RSVP'ed here. The rest just knew the details from twitter and FB and just showed up/Prodded me from there. Dunno what this Says about, furs, but it does show what the preferred 'hub' is.
Sebastian
Furstralian Fanatic
Furstralian Fanatic

Postby Sebastian » Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:47 am

It's no reflection on you KaiAdin; I was speaking more generally. Activity in the Furstralia forum is on the decline and it's a real shame because Facebook is not an exclusively furry website where furs can post and *know* they'll be acknowledged by an all-furry group. IMHO we're thinning ourselves out by not doing so.

I've been trying very hard to encourage activity here - any time that a new discussion topic comes to my mind or if there's a bit of furry news then I post here, but it doesn't seem to be helping.

I personally *HATE* and despite FB. Dreading the idea that a time is coming where I would need to keep in touch with the community there rather than on a real furry forum.
KaiAdin
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: Housekitty

Postby KaiAdin » Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:00 am

If anything multiple albums have been posted to the Facebook page for Furjam, + on peoples personal Galleries there!

(the Facebook group for FJ and all the major events seem to be more happening than Furstralia thesedays)[/quote]

Only because you keep dragging them there, its entirely possible to cross post you know[/quote]

I didn't take them! Take that up with the photographers! I just go where they are!

Only because you keep dragging them there, its entirely possible to cross post you know[/quote]Amen to that Foxy! Furstralia should be the hub, not FB.[/quote]

I *did* organise the Kyell Gold meet with Cluffy here Via Furstralia :P so It's not as if I dont try! X3

The Sad fact of the matter is, cross posting and trying to organise things (as well as upload photos) is a Pain in the rear to do for more than a few sites... I did that with the Kyell meet, and it worked ok, but I only went to that effort cause Meeting Kyell would be at the most frequent, a Once a year thing!
And unfortunately FB is just more trafficked and visited by more of the NSW furs, sure they have accounts here.. but I always hear the "Oh yea.. I can't be bothered logging into Furstralia to check" kinda line when I prod them.

Edit: Speaking of which, *despite* several pleas and links to post here to RSVP, only about a 3rd of the final attendance RSVP'ed here. The rest just knew the details from twitter and FB and just showed up/Prodded me from there. Dunno what this Says about, furs, but it does show what the preferred 'hub' is.
Sebastian
Furstralian Fanatic
Furstralian Fanatic

Postby Sebastian » Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:47 am

It's no reflection on you KaiAdin; I was speaking more generally. Activity in the Furstralia forum is on the decline and it's a real shame because Facebook is not an exclusively furry website where furs can post and *know* they'll be acknowledged by an all-furry group. IMHO we're thinning ourselves out by not doing so.

I've been trying very hard to encourage activity here - any time that a new discussion topic comes to my mind or if there's a bit of furry news then I post here, but it doesn't seem to be helping.

I personally *HATE* and despite FB. Dreading the idea that a time is coming where I would need to keep in touch with the community there rather than on a real furry forum.