We got a date for FurJam 2013 yet?

Forum rules
DISCLAIMER:
Users organise and attend meets and conventions and share accommodation entirely at their own risk. Furstralia can take no responsibility or liability for any loss or damages which may occur during or as a result of attendance of those events or as a result of shared accommodation.
Sebastian
Furstralian Fanatic
Furstralian Fanatic
Species: wallaby/chameleon hybrid

Postby Sebastian » Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:19 pm

When furs newly arriving Sydfurs in the forum wanted to meet other furries in the same city where they live.
Nyke
Newcomer
Newcomer

Postby Nyke » Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:46 pm

BTW, Thanks for the help with that Sabastian :) I'm really looking forward Furjam.
The Fox Collective ‏@Shade_21:
Dog: You brought me food, you must be God!
Cat: You brought me food, I must be God!
AussieHusky
Contributer
Contributer
Species: Husky

Postby AussieHusky » Thu Jul 18, 2013 7:31 pm

I think the aim of moving the BBQ on the Sat is down to trying to keep the BBQ somewhere near to the next event (The RSL), I think we're going somewhere else this year as we got too big for the RSL (We were over capacity last year), hence a different park venue.
Sebastian
Furstralian Fanatic
Furstralian Fanatic

Postby Sebastian » Thu Jul 18, 2013 7:44 pm

BTW, Thanks for the help with that Sabastian :) I'm really looking forward Furjam.[/quote]No problem. I've only just this moment got home and I was going to send you a PM to let you know (sending PMs is something else that can't be done on an iPhone it seems).

I think we're going somewhere else this year as we got too big for the RSL (We were over capacity last year), hence a different park venue.[/quote]Oh Hell yeah. I knew last year that we'd need to be somewhere else because we barely fit into the ESLC.

Of course that depends on whether the announcement, late as it is, will draw in as many furs as it did last year.
Scout
Newcomer
Newcomer

Postby Scout » Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:13 pm

Wait, so.. where is the Saturday park venue? They should put that on the Facebook page.
Spi Cybershark
Furstralian
Furstralian
Species: Cybershark

Postby Spi Cybershark » Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:55 pm

Wait, so.. where is the Saturday park venue? They should put that on the Facebook page.[/quote]

Not stated yet - apart from "it'll be close to a train station". Friday's event went up on the Facebook group but the rest seems to be waiting on getting the FurJam website updated, which no-one seems to be able to work out. >_<

I don't care if the info is necessarily tidied up or made into event pages - just locations and times on the FB page would be a start!

(Sorry Scout, my vent isn't directed at you, I'm getting frustrated myself :) )
Scout
Newcomer
Newcomer

Postby Scout » Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:25 pm

I agree with you Spi, we really need to know where it's at. Surely it's not that hard to update the website, can't someone help them out?
Sebastian
Furstralian Fanatic
Furstralian Fanatic

Postby Sebastian » Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:33 am

I'm highly suspicious of the whole manner in which the organisers are witholding the information until such a late stage. Seriously, what's it all about?
Spi Cybershark
Furstralian
Furstralian
Species: Cybershark

Postby Spi Cybershark » Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:50 am

Saturday details being written as we speak:

Saturday morning/afternoon from 10: park meet and BBQ (gold coin donation for a feed).
Note hinted change of venue: Sydney Park, St Peters (quite literally across the road from St Peters station).
BBQ will be about 12:30, and no popping the beach ball until after 3pm :P

Saturday night from 6 until whenever (11-ish?): Furry dance event ($10 to get in).
Marrickville Bowling and Recreation Club (about 5-8 minutes' walk from Sydenham station). The bistro - one of those "Chinese + some Aussie meals" places - is open for dinner from 5.30-8.
YES UNO WILL BE ON AGAIN. >:3

Note that there'll be trackwork between Sydenham and Central, so it'll be railbuses to St Peters.
Sebastian
Furstralian Fanatic
Furstralian Fanatic

Postby Sebastian » Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:07 pm

Thanks Spi! I just got out of a meeting and was about to post this, but you've done a better job of the post than I would have anyhow. :D