RivFur 2011 Furball River Cruise

Forum rules
DISCLAIMER:
Users organise and attend meets and conventions and share accommodation entirely at their own risk. Furstralia can take no responsibility or liability for any loss or damages which may occur during or as a result of attendance of those events or as a result of shared accommodation.
KibaSwiftpaw
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: German Shepherd Werewolf

Postby KibaSwiftpaw » Mon May 16, 2011 7:29 pm

Piro: do you have some form of a guardian? Unfortunately under 18 is under 18 and we -must- have the form. It is to cover liability of everyone present, boat crew mostly.
PiroFlammenweifer
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: Wolf

Postby PiroFlammenweifer » Mon May 16, 2011 8:31 pm

ALright, Will try and work out a way to get a form signed.
KeioWolf
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: Wolf

Postby KeioWolf » Mon May 16, 2011 10:06 pm

ALright, Will try and work out a way to get a form signed.[/quote]

if your under 18 and your mother is not there at the time, that would mean there would legally be someone required to 'look after you' wouldnt it?
and if so, can't you just get said person to sign the form?
Joey
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: Coonfox

Postby Joey » Mon May 16, 2011 11:07 pm

if your under 18 and your mother is not there at the time, that would mean there would legally be someone required to 'look after you' wouldnt it?
and if so, can't you just get said person to sign the form?[/quote]

Its not that simple, a 'guardian' is a LEGAL position. It isn't your brother or your friend over 18 that is around at the time, it is a real status position that usually means that you have no parents and they have replaced their duties.
Akemi
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: Shiba Inu

Postby Akemi » Mon May 16, 2011 11:14 pm

and if so, can't you just get said person to sign the form?[/quote]

Its not that simple, a 'guardian' is a LEGAL position. It isn't your brother or your friend over 18 that is around at the time, it is a real status position that usually means that you have no parents and they have replaced their duties.[/quote]

It's quite a difficult situation, I can understand it after being in that position when I was 16. Had to get all these forms signed for my uncle to be one of my guardians. Though that took weeks x_x is it possible at all to EMAIL a copy to your mum to print/sign/scan and email back or digitally sign? Cause that might be a way around it. With todays technology, I reckon if that is at all possible it might be one of the options c:

I mean, when I first got my tax file number it took 8wks and involved sending away 2 documented copies of certificates and the filled out form. Now you can do it online and have it in 2wks x_x So I reckon via internet might be viable IF they accept that method seeing as it's not literal pen to paper.
Boxer
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: Red Fox (Vulpes Vulpes)

Postby Boxer » Tue May 17, 2011 10:20 pm

Will the letter need to go into any specifics or just a generic.."Dear whom it concerns, I give permission for 'blahblah' to attend this event. Signed parent/guardian ____"..?
FoxTailedCritter
Furstralian
Furstralian
Species: ►Vampire fox

Postby FoxTailedCritter » Thu May 19, 2011 12:32 am

OOoOO :wgrin: looks like fun i might be going depends if i can convince my mum to drive me up there god i hate not having a car and licence.
Everything you say or do has ripple effects....
Be the change you want to see in the world.
Jet
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: Dingo

Postby Jet » Thu May 19, 2011 4:30 pm

Will the letter need to go into any specifics or just a generic.."Dear whom it concerns, I give permission for 'blahblah' to attend this event. Signed parent/guardian ____"..?[/quote]

There is no set format per say for things like this, however, try and keep as close to this as you can:

Here is a basic template to keep to:

I ___________________ as the legal parent/guardian of _____________________________ I do willingly consent to him/her attending the 20011 RivFur Furball river cruise on Saturday the 9th of July 2011. Should I need to be contacted regarding my son/daughter I can be reached on: 04XX XXX XXX.

Please give your parents my number 0421 660 687. I will be at all these events as a point of contact for them, I am also more then willing to take phone calls from them prior if they have any questions regarding any of the events. For those who don't already know, my RL name is Chris. Please feel free to forward my details.
Boxer
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: Red Fox (Vulpes Vulpes)

Postby Boxer » Thu May 19, 2011 5:11 pm

Cheers Jet :)
Efion
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: Fox