RivFur 2011 Furball River Cruise

Forum rules
DISCLAIMER:
Users organise and attend meets and conventions and share accommodation entirely at their own risk. Furstralia can take no responsibility or liability for any loss or damages which may occur during or as a result of attendance of those events or as a result of shared accommodation.
FoxTailedCritter
Furstralian
Furstralian
Species: ►Vampire fox

Postby FoxTailedCritter » Thu May 19, 2011 10:37 pm

Yess i can go cant wait.. it's going to be my first time going to RivFur
it's just a shame my mate Fuzzy Deathpaw can't come along :wfrown:.
Everything you say or do has ripple effects....
Be the change you want to see in the world.
Fuzzydeathpaw
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: Bengal tiger

Postby Fuzzydeathpaw » Sat May 21, 2011 6:16 pm

Yess i can go cant wait.. it's going to be my first time going to RivFur
it's just a shame my mate Fuzzy Deathpaw can't come along :wfrown:.[/quote]
Wish i could come too :wcry: ......get lots of photos for me.
Jet
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: Dingo

Postby Jet » Tue May 24, 2011 1:40 pm

Herro Fuzzies!

I've got some important updates regarding the 2011 RivFur FurBall River Cruise!

First up, because of the aftermath of the flooding this year, The Island, our original cruise company has apologized, as they will not be up and operating in time for RivFur this year, BUT FEAR NOT, cause the RivFur committee had planned for this eventuality (we're very cautious :P) and as such we are going to be going on an EVEN MORE AWESOME CRUISE with the ridiculously awesome guys from Mirimar Cruises. These guys are super friendly and very excited to have us with them this year! & its gona be just us furs on board, how epic is that?!

--> Mirimar Cruises are fursuit friendly (and have toilet facilities on board to change in)

So here are the facts:

We will get the WHOLE BOAT to ourselves, so its gonna be pure furry only goodness all night long both upstairs and downstairs![/*]
We will be going where we want to go, upriver or downriver as its a complete charter just for us furs![/*]
Mirimar Cruises are fursuit friendly (and have toilet facilities on board to change in)[/*]
There will be NO CHANGES to fees, it will still cost the same as the original cruise[/*]
Music selection will be provided by us so fear not, we're not gonna be stuck with a strange band we don't like :P[/*]
There are three decks, Upper, Lower and Forward all open to us[/*]
REGO STILL CLOSES ON THE 5th OF JUNE FOR THIS EVENT[/*]

YOU CAN REGISTER FOR THIS EVENT IN THE FOLLOWING WAYS:

Online With PayPal Via the RivFur Website:
http://www.rivfur.net/global/index.php/ ... ents-guide

OR

With Cash by paying Kiba (@ Southside Meets) or Myself, Jet (@ Northside Meets)

REGO CLOSES ON THE 5th OF JUNE!

Questions?
Ask them here OR email [url=mailto:Jet@rivfur.net]Jet@rivfur.net[/url] OR [url=mailto:Kiba@rivfur.net]Kiba@rivfur.net[/url]

Foxy_Malone
Admin
Admin
Species: Snow Leopard

Postby Foxy_Malone » Tue May 24, 2011 5:08 pm

that is pretty damn awesome! just one question, whats happening with food/drinks? BYO or what?
Jet
Newcomer
Newcomer

Postby Jet » Tue May 24, 2011 5:25 pm

that is pretty damn awesome! just one question, whats happening with food/drinks? BYO or what?[/quote]

Food is up in the air until rego closes, as we will need to get a head count before we are able to establish how much money is left over for things like catering and if we make the minimum numbers required for said catering. At this stage I don't think that we are going to be able to afford things like complete catering, so we may push the cruise back an hour or shift some things around so people have a chance to eat dinner before boarding the boat.

Drinks such as soft drink and alcohol will be available from the bar on board, we are making arrangements to ensure fursuiters can bring water with them to stay hydrated during the night etc, this wont be a problem.

There is NO BYO available for Alcohol

J.D.
Jet
Newcomer
Newcomer

Postby Jet » Tue May 24, 2011 5:28 pm

The official drinks list for the night:

Basic Beer
XXXX, Gold, VB, Hahn Light, Tooheys Extra Dry, Pure Blonde

Premium Beer
Corona, Stella Artois

Pre-mix Spirits
Bunderberg Rum cans, Johnnie Walker cans, Jim Bean cans, Vodka Cruises, UDL variety cans and Smirnoff Ice — varieties.

Basic Spirits (poured to order)
Bourbon, Scotch, Vodka, Bacardi, Bundaberg Rum, Southern Comfort, Gin etc.

Wine

A selection of delicious Red and White bottled local and Australian wines. Sparkling Wine

Others
Soft Drinks, bottled water and juices Wide Variety of refreshing Soft Drinks, Golden Circle Juices and Bottled Natural Spring Water.
Jet
Newcomer
Newcomer

Postby Jet » Fri May 27, 2011 1:07 pm

that is pretty damn awesome! just one question, whats happening with food/drinks? BYO or what?[/quote]

Food is up in the air until rego closes, as we will need to get a head count before we are able to establish how much money is left over for things like catering and if we make the minimum numbers required for said catering. At this stage I don't think that we are going to be able to afford things like complete catering, so we may push the cruise back an hour or shift some things around so people have a chance to eat dinner before boarding the boat.

Drinks such as soft drink and alcohol will be available from the bar on board, we are making arrangements to ensure fursuiters can bring water with them to stay hydrated during the night etc, this wont be a problem.

There is NO BYO available for Alcohol

J.D.[/quote]

Just to follow up, we have spoken with the team on the Mirimar II and they have confirmed with us that free tap water will be available for the duration of the cruise for those who don't wish to purchase bottled water.

If anyone has any further questions regarding this, or any other aspect of the cruise, please don't hesitate to ask!
Akemi
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: Shiba Inu

Postby Akemi » Fri May 27, 2011 7:52 pm

Wow, this sounds pretty damn good!.. Unfortunately being paid once a month isn't.

Edit: Yay :3 Seems I have to make a few more badges, someone kindly offered to pay my rego for 2 of my cheap rivfur badges <3

Edit 2: Seeing as someone has taken this WAY out of proportion and hasn't even asked me, and just assumed: I've had to pick up a second job that pays MONTHLY for on the side things, as well as phone credit and other semi-important things. My current job pays weekly on minimum wage BUT it is usually ALL used towards bills/transport/food/rent and then stupid taxes. Ask before you assume, seriously. I'm still coming to this no matter what anyone says.

Edit 3: is these edits entirely relevant for a public forum?

Edit 4: For the messages i'm getting and the people not listening; I believe it is.
KibaSwiftpaw
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: German Shepherd Werewolf

Postby KibaSwiftpaw » Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:59 am

no

Omg I can edit to: and the answer is still no

Whinging like this in an event thread is just plain no go dude. All your doing is making a fool out of yourself, filling a thread with unnessasary information and makes the event look bad.

Just stop if alright.
nanoflux
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: Jaguar cross Puma asended been.

Postby nanoflux » Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:45 pm

ahhh lol just paid it lol look at what time and date i added this post>< so close