RivFur 2011 Furball River Cruise

Forum rules
DISCLAIMER:
Users organise and attend meets and conventions and share accommodation entirely at their own risk. Furstralia can take no responsibility or liability for any loss or damages which may occur during or as a result of attendance of those events or as a result of shared accommodation.
Jet
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: Dingo

Postby Jet » Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:30 pm

Hello Again Fuzzies!

As most of you have heard, this year RivFur is going to be holding a Furball River Cruise this year (which is incredibly suiting as we are called RivFur) So what better place to celebrate our city and its fur community then out on our famous river itself!

This night promises to be one to remember! with live music and an on-board bar, we will cruise down the river amongst the beautiful cityscape of Brisbane dancing the night away.

We will be taking registration for this event from NOW all the way up to June 5th, 2011

Registration for this years Furball River Cruise is $30.

You can register for this event on the NEW RivFur Website (http://www.rivfur.net) by CLICKING HERE, scrolling down to the FurBall event and clicking the 'Pay Now' button. REMEMBER REGISTRATION FOR THE FURBALL RIVER CRUISE CLOSES JUNE 5TH 2011

>>>>>>>>>Important updates regarding the 2011 RivFur FurBall River Cruise<<<<<<<<<

First up, because of the aftermath of the flooding this year, The Island, our original cruise company has apologized, as they will not be up and operating in time for RivFur this year, BUT FEAR NOT, cause the RivFur committee had planned for this eventuality (we're very cautious :P) and as such we are going to be going on an EVEN MORE AWESOME CRUISE with the ridiculously awesome guys from Mirimar Cruises. These guys are super friendly and very excited to have us with them this year! & its gona be just us furs on board, how epic is that?!

--> Mirimar Cruises are fursuit friendly (and have toilet facilities on board to change in)

So here are the facts:

We will get the WHOLE BOAT to ourselves, so its gonna be pure furry only goodness all night long both upstairs and downstairs![/*]
We will be going where we want to go, upriver or downriver as its a complete charter just for us furs![/*]
Mirimar Cruises are fursuit friendly (and have toilet facilities on board to change in)[/*]
There will be NO CHANGES to fees, it will still cost the same as the original cruise[/*]
Music selection will be provided by us so fear not, we're not gonna be stuck with a strange band we don't like :P[/*]
There are three decks, Upper, Lower and Forward all open to us[/*]
REGO STILL CLOSES ON THE 5th OF JUNE FOR THIS EVENT[/*]

YOU CAN REGISTER FOR THIS EVENT IN THE FOLLOWING WAYS:

Online With PayPal Via the RivFur Website:
http://www.rivfur.net/global/index.php/rivfur-2011-events-guide

OR

With Cash by paying Kiba (@ Southside Meets) or Myself, Jet (@ Northside Meets)

REGO CLOSES ON THE 5th OF JUNE!

Questions?
Ask them here OR email [url=mailto:Jet@rivfur.net]Jet@rivfur.net[/url] OR [url=mailto:Kiba@rivfur.net]Kiba@rivfur.net[/url]

Altoryu
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: Anthro Western Dragon

Postby Altoryu » Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:53 pm

Just a quick question for my curiosity, but what events will be held if we don't end up registering for this event. I will be registering, but thought I would ask for the sake of it anyways.
Foxy_Malone
Admin
Admin
Species: Snow Leopard

Postby Foxy_Malone » Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:40 pm

paid my rego, Im looking forward to this, never been on a cruise down the brisbane river before!
Pye
Furstralian Fanatic
Furstralian Fanatic
Species: Wolf

Postby Pye » Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:45 pm

paid my rego, Im looking forward to this, never been on a cruise down the brisbane river before![/quote]
It's pretty fun! :D
"I have seen the moment of my greatness flicker, and I have seen the eternal footman hold my coat and snicker and in short, I was afraid."

- T.S. Eliot
Akemi
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: Shiba Inu

Postby Akemi » Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:22 pm

Will pay it soon, deciding whether or not to go right now. I do WANT to go but its more of a situation of what things will be like soon, seeing as people are moving around and everythings about to get a helluva lot more hectic XD
Jet
Newcomer
Newcomer

Postby Jet » Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:08 pm

Just a quick question for my curiosity, but what events will be held if we don't end up registering for this event. I will be registering, but thought I would ask for the sake of it anyways.[/quote]

Hi Altoryu,

Unlike the larger furry conventions, as a meet we aren't running anything on our event timeline with organized alternates. By that I mean, if you don't want to participate in one of the events we've set up (for whatever reason), your more then welcome to arrange to do things with your own group of friends outside of the RivFur schedule ^ ^

The official RivFur Event Timeline is live on the rivfur site, and will be updated as things get locked in and finalized. Please check back every now and then to see the updates.

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone at the FurBall River Cruise, it will be a night packed full of awesome!
Toska
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: Warthog

Postby Toska » Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:02 pm

I am soooooooo looking forward to this
Altoryu
Newcomer
Newcomer

Postby Altoryu » Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:49 pm

Hi Altoryu,

Unlike the larger furry conventions, as a meet we aren't running anything on our event timeline with organized alternates. By that I mean, if you don't want to participate in one of the events we've set up (for whatever reason), your more then welcome to arrange to do things with your own group of friends outside of the RivFur schedule ^ ^

The official RivFur Event Timeline is live on the rivfur site, and will be updated as things get locked in and finalized. Please check back every now and then to see the updates.

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone at the FurBall River Cruise, it will be a night packed full of awesome![/quote]

Alright then, thanks for the info, will try to rego tomorrow when I am on a decent computer
Jet
Newcomer
Newcomer

Postby Jet » Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:37 pm

Just to put people at their ease as I've had a few questions raised.

There has been a few people stressing out about finding a suit for the Furball, dun stress out guys! its not a strict suit and tie event, just wear some nice smart casual or semi-formal clothing and you'll be all set for the FurBall!

That said, suits are more then welcome so feel free to indulge us, the more people who dress right up for the occasion, the better I figure!

As always, if you have questions, or need help, feel free to post it here, or drop me an email: [url=mailto:jet@rivfur.net]jet@rivfur.net[/url]
Altoryu
Newcomer
Newcomer

Postby Altoryu » Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:01 pm

Alright sent my payment, even though I reluctant to add another debit card after the last fiasco I had with my previous card which lead to me having to get a new one.