RivFur 2011 - FURRY NERF WARZ

Forum rules
DISCLAIMER:
Users organise and attend meets and conventions and share accommodation entirely at their own risk. Furstralia can take no responsibility or liability for any loss or damages which may occur during or as a result of attendance of those events or as a result of shared accommodation.
Jet
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: Dingo

Postby Jet » Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:13 am

OK FUZZIES!

The time has come to reveal the much awaited event details of the Saturday Nerf War Tournament which will be held at RivFur's NEW FARM PARK MEET

First up here are the facts you need to know about this years tournament!

>Who is running the RivFur Furry Nerf War?
Organising this years RivFur Nerf Tournament is Sekular and Joey so if you have a question about anything Nerf related, these are the furs to talk to as the RivFur committee this year will have minimal involvement with the running of the tournament and might not be able to answer your questions.

>Will it cost anything to participate?
Yes, There will be a $5 fee to participate in the Nerf Tournament this year, this fee is to cover the cost of lost / damaged / destroyed ammo, payable on the day.

>Is Nerf Gun Hire Available?
Yes, You can hire a gun for the tournament. A $5 deposit is required on the day. This deposit is returned to you when the gun is returned in good condition.

>Can I bring my own gear?
Yes, however Sekular and Joey will have a final say on modified weapons to maintain a fair 'balance' in the game

>What 'game' type are we playing?
This is yet to be advised, this will heavily depend on attendance figures and the physical layout of the park. The plan at this stage is to play a 'campaign' where the outcome of one match will effect the next.

>Is there a limit to number of furs who can attend?
Yes, there is a limit to the number of furs who can attend this event, its based on a FIRST COME, FIRST SERVED basis, so if your interested, you will want to post in this thread with the words 'ADD ME TO THE LIST' in the text somewhere. Once we're full, we're full!

>How do I ask questions about the Nerf War Tournament?
Post your question to this thread, someone will get back to you with an answer!

IMPORTANT INFORMATION:

> > >IF YOU WANT TO ATTEND THIS YEARS RIVFUR NERF WAR TOURNAMENT, POST TO THIS THREAD WITH THE WORDS 'ADD ME TO THE LIST' TO SECURE YOUR SPOT NOW< < <

+ + + IF YOU NEED GUN HIRE PLEASE PUT 'I NEED A GUN' IN YOUR POST + + +

= = = NUMBERS ARE STRICTLY LIMITED AND THESE NERF GAMES ALWAYS FILL UP FAST SO CHOP CHOP AND GET A POST UP HERE IF YOUR ANXIOUS TO TRY YOUR PAW AT IT THIS YEAR = = =

FOR YOUR SAFETY - PLEASE BRING ALONG SUN GLASSES OR SAFETY GLASSES
If you don't have any of the above, you can pick yourself up a cheap pair from Bunnings Warehouse.
You MUST have some form of protective eyeware in order to participate in the Nerf War Tournament.

Enlisted Nerf Players (The List): FULL
A Red '+' Denotes A Player Needing Gun Hire

husky_01[/*:m]
Altoryu[/*:m]
FlameDrake[/*:m]
foxtailedcritter[/*:m]
Kalak[/*:m]
Boxer +[/*:m]
Calfoxy[/*:m]
Daimin_dragonlover[/*:m]
SnowDragon[/*:m]
KeioWolf +[/*:m]
esp[/*:m]
DaftYoshi [/*:m]
Koneko +[/*:m]
Utah Red[/*:m]
topher[/*:m]
Bingo[/*:m]
Dante +[/*:m]
PiroFlammenweifer +[/*:m]
Lucki[/*:m]
Catprog[/*:m]
Maio[/*:m]
Atpaw[/*:m]
Milesaway[/*:m]
Pommie +[/*:m]

Standby Players (The Reserve List): OPEN
A Red '+' Denotes A Player Needing Gun Hire

Espilonarge[/*:m]
Mad Guns22 +[/*:m]
miko[/*:m]
husky_01
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: husky

Postby husky_01 » Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:32 am

ADD ME TO THE LIST
Altoryu
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: Anthro Western Dragon

Postby Altoryu » Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:40 am

Make sure to ADD ME TO THE LIST as well

I need to practice I am a total noob at nerf and just general gunplay as well -__
FlameDrake
Super Furstralian
Super Furstralian
Species: Dragon

Postby FlameDrake » Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:01 am

Add me to the list.

Also, I know this post is only young but you might want to tag it with a "currently on the list" so you don't get entrys or PMs with the content of "AM I ON THE LIST?"

Also also, You may wish to also make mention that folks will require a pair of glasses (sunglasses, perscription, PPE or kanye west ones) to participate for personal safety and to save someone from feeling really really bad when you take out anothers eyeball.

Also also also. Taking a page out of other posters book here and going to write about something completely unrelated to your topic. I like rice, Rice is the seed of the monocot plants Oryza sativa or Oryza glaberrima. As a cereal grain, it is the most important staple food for a large part of the world's human population, especially in East and South Asia, the Middle East, Latin America, and the West Indies. It is the grain with the second-highest worldwide production, after maize (corn). Yogurt is milks attempt at immortality.
FoxTailedCritter
Furstralian
Furstralian
Species: ►Vampire fox

Postby FoxTailedCritter » Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:07 am

'ADD ME TO THE LIST' and can you add my sis too?
I havn't played nerf warz before is it like paintball because i have played that. :wprise:
Everything you say or do has ripple effects....
Be the change you want to see in the world.
FlameDrake
Super Furstralian
Super Furstralian
Species: Dragon

Postby FlameDrake » Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:24 am

'ADD ME TO THE LIST' and can you add my sis too?
I havn't played nerf warz before is it like paintball because i have played that. :wprise:[/quote]
Similar in game layout but not practicality. Nerf tends to be a bit more rush-guns hoe because there is significantly less a risk of being hurt by a dart. Unless you are apart of snow dragons "team vagina" of which in case you'll hide until the end and hope to pick off the celebrating warheroes. Game types usually are teams, individual, capture the flag and everyone shoot foxtailcritter the new guy... oh wait that will be every game!
FoxTailedCritter
Furstralian
Furstralian
Species: ►Vampire fox

Postby FoxTailedCritter » Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:02 am

everyone shoot foxtailcritter the new guy... oh wait that will be every game![/quote]
LOL everyone knows you can't shoot a ninja. XD
Everything you say or do has ripple effects....
Be the change you want to see in the world.
Altoryu
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: Anthro Western Dragon

Postby Altoryu » Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:33 am

I haven't played either Nerf or Paintball, best experience I have is laserforce and even that was several years ago :/
Kalak
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: Mutt

Postby Kalak » Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:12 am

ADD ME TO THE LIST

>:D
Boxer
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: Red Fox (Vulpes Vulpes)