2011 Rivfur T-Shirts - Delays

Forum rules
DISCLAIMER:
Users organise and attend meets and conventions and share accommodation entirely at their own risk. Furstralia can take no responsibility or liability for any loss or damages which may occur during or as a result of attendance of those events or as a result of shared accommodation.
Jet
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: Dingo

Postby Jet » Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:55 pm

Ok fuzzies, here's a belated update on the 2011 Rivfur shirts for which I know MOST of you are so patiently waiting for.

To summarise, as you all know, the shirts were printed wrongly, and the company has flatly refused to refund us / reprint them, so we had to take matters to the ACCC.
As some of you may know, the ACCC doesn't deal with disputes over items that are to be resold. So basically because we are technically 'reselling' these shirt to you after we bought them, we're not covered by the 'protection' of the ACCC in this case.

As a result, we have had to escalate this matter and are currently filing against them in small claims court for a resolution though QLD legal aid.

I know you guys have been waiting a long time, and believe me we appreciate it. Please stick with us on this one, these things take time to action, and we are VOLUNTEERS we have jobs outside of RivFur that means we cant work on this full time, but I'm putting in as much time as I physically can these last few weeks, but the process is quite time consuming, and the paperwork is somewhat overwhelming.

I will post more information as it becomes available. Everyone will get what they paid for.
Manny Husky
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: Red Husky

Re: 2011 Rivfur T-Shirts - Delays

Postby Manny Husky » Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:13 pm

Everyone who has paid in full for t-shirts, l approached Misty to obtain a refund for my shirt and got full cooperation and received a full refund. You will need to do the same as quickly as possible as there are a lot of you. The case may have gone to Small Claims Court? Not your problem guys, that is up to them to try and recoup monies lost through the courts, you are entitled to get your money back. I was pleased and impressed with Misty's quick response and got my money in less than one day!!
Thanks Misty and good luck in your future endeavours!
Manny Husky
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: Red Husky

Postby Manny Husky » Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:13 pm

Everyone who has paid in full for t-shirts, l approached Misty to obtain a refund for my shirt and got full cooperation and received a full refund. You will need to do the same as quickly as possible as there are a lot of you. The case may have gone to Small Claims Court? Not your problem guys, that is up to them to try and recoup monies lost through the courts, you are entitled to get your money back. I was pleased and impressed with Misty's quick response and got my money in less than one day!!
Thanks Misty and good luck in your future endeavours!
Jet
Newcomer
Newcomer

Postby Jet » Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:02 pm

*deleted this very unneccesary comment, Foxy*

RIGHT! On a more official note, yes the shirts are now being refunded.

Follow these instructions:
  • You will need to send misty a polite message with your paypal info
  • You will be set you up with a refund.
She's a busy girl, she works all day, so be patient, you will all get your refunds.

To answer a number of questions raised with me privately, Yes, everyone will be refunded. We have ensured that everyone who paid, will get refunded,
Those of you who have waited patiently and silently for this resolution, my warmest thanks, Its been a hell of a battle on our end to get it to where we are now, your support does not go unappreciated believe me.
Jet
Newcomer
Newcomer

Postby Jet » Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:02 pm

*deleted this very unneccesary comment, Foxy*

RIGHT! On a more official note, yes the shirts are now being refunded.

Follow these instructions:

You will need to send misty a polite message with your paypal info [/*:m]
You will be set you up with a refund. [/*:m]

She's a busy girl, she works all day, so be patient, you will all get your refunds.

To answer a number of questions raised with me privately, Yes, everyone will be refunded. We have ensured that everyone who paid, will get refunded,
Those of you who have waited patiently and silently for this resolution, my warmest thanks, Its been a hell of a battle on our end to get it to where we are now, your support does not go unappreciated believe me.
PiroFlammenweifer
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: Wolf

Postby PiroFlammenweifer » Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:06 pm

sorry I'm slightly confused. Have you ended the fight with the printing company and just decided to refund everyone or can we choose to keep waiting?
Joey
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: Coonfox

Postby Joey » Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:41 pm

PiroFlammenweifer wrote:sorry I'm slightly confused. Have you ended the fight with the printing company and just decided to refund everyone or can we choose to keep waiting?
From what I gather; The ACCC wont help rivfur as they were reselling the shirts so that was a dead end. They have chosen to take it to small claims to get the money back. However in the mean time anyone who ordered a shirt will get their refund back. To do so just follow Jet's instructions above.
PiroFlammenweifer
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: Wolf

Postby PiroFlammenweifer » Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:06 pm

sorry I'm slightly confused. Have you ended the fight with the printing company and just decided to refund everyone or can we choose to keep waiting?
Joey
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: Coonfox

Postby Joey » Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:41 pm

sorry I'm slightly confused. Have you ended the fight with the printing company and just decided to refund everyone or can we choose to keep waiting?[/quote]

From what I gather; The ACCC wont help rivfur as they were reselling the shirts so that was a dead end. They have chosen to take it to small claims to get the money back. However in the mean time anyone who ordered a shirt will get their refund back. To do so just follow Jet's instructions above.