RivFur 2011 Feedback & 2012 Ideas Thread

Forum rules
DISCLAIMER:
Users organise and attend meets and conventions and share accommodation entirely at their own risk. Furstralia can take no responsibility or liability for any loss or damages which may occur during or as a result of attendance of those events or as a result of shared accommodation.
Jet
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: Dingo

Postby Jet » Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:03 pm

G'day Guys!

Well RivFur is over for another year :( BUT we've had a huge amount of positive feedback from the community about the event! :-D hell we've even had furs asking for us to hold it TWICE a year :lol:

We had a record number of attendees at the meet and greet, that was awesome to see that kind of support from the community. Good on ya!

Now, as we slowly recover from the awesome that was RivFur 2011, I'd like to get a feel from the community, open the floor and ask you, the people that make RivFur what it is today, about how you thought it went, the highlights and the things you'd like to see happen in RivFur 2012. Remember, without you, there is no RivFur!

It goes without saying, however I'd like to make mention, that this is not an open floor to throw abuse (in case there is any) at anyone, about anything, or make a personal complaint about any individual or group for that matter. This is a place to produce and post productive, honest feedback about what you thought, and the things that you feel can make us even better next year for RivFur 2012. If you'd like to follow up with someone about a personal problem, please do so in the privacy of your own private message, phone call or email.

On a more personal note, I loved the river cruise and I would love to see us do it again next year. I had a tonne of fun and there was much furry awesomeness to be had. I hope all of you had just as much fun as I did! 8)

Go on Brisbane, get behind us! This is YOUR meet! Lest make it even better together! Have your say!
Altoryu
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: Anthro Western Dragon

Postby Altoryu » Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:16 pm

Well I already voiced my suggestions to you at the coffee meet, better transportation for one since Alma park zoo was a pain to get to and from so there is that. A more central location to where its at? I mean I know that it pretty much already was with the meet and greet, the new farm park meet and the river cruise, but still maybe another event or two to be held in the area? Plus maybe a more central or organised place for out of town furs to stay in may be a good suggestion as well.

Other than that, I can't think of anything else to comment about for it, it was a great time and a very welcomed change of pace from sitting around alone in my room in Mount Isa for sure.
MistyStriker
Super Furstralian
Super Furstralian
Species: Two-tailed Wolferret

Postby MistyStriker » Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:03 pm

Needs more cowbell.
Jet
Newcomer
Newcomer

Postby Jet » Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:06 pm

Needs more cowbell.[/quote]

It ALWAYS needs more cowbell :(

XP
MistyStriker
Super Furstralian
Super Furstralian
Species: Two-tailed Wolferret

Postby MistyStriker » Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:29 pm

On a serious note - we have had feedback asking for centralised activities and then feedback asking for a paintball event - which wouldn't be centralised :P You guys are great for consistency there.

If we were to organise something city based - like a scavenger hunt (that is harder to cheat than the one a few years ago where people used their smart phones) - would anyone be interested in that?
I've checked into Go-Karting but no circuits are located near the city (best one is in Kingston - southside Logan area).
How about mini golf? There's a mini golf course located in Victoria Park so that's not too hard to get to.

For those artistically inclined, would you like to see any activities that focus on art? Maybe a workshop or something?
On the same note maybe a cooking workshop, acting.. mascot performance.. anything like that interest you?

Or to get really crazy there's a murder mystery party - http://murdermystery.com.au/
Or there's QMasters, a pool/billiards hall based in Milton - http://www.qmasters.com.au/

Suggest away - and please don't hesitate to suggest venues as well as activities!
Jet
Newcomer
Newcomer

Postby Jet » Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:50 pm

I'd love to go Go-Karting!

Stupid Logan tho...
KibaSwiftpaw
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: German Shepherd Werewolf

Postby KibaSwiftpaw » Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:52 pm

1. LazerForce in the city
2. Fancy pancy dinner somewhere for a night.
3. Rent out a hall somewhere and do movie marathons
4. Visit museums
4. visit marketplaces
5. hit up the confectionary warehouse
6. Hire a hall out/ raid someones place and have a massive lan party/games day

I like the idea of Qmasters, maybe a Round Robin competition between peeps or something if there is enough interest
Altoryu
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: Anthro Western Dragon

Postby Altoryu » Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:02 pm

I am for the whole Lan party idea, the whole SSBB tournament at FurDU just wasn't enough in my opinion, lazerforce doesn't sound too bad either, that or another nerf wars bit. Haven't been to the Science Center in a long while, it could be interesting.
LadyCath
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: Tabby Cat

Postby LadyCath » Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:28 pm

I love Kiba's #3 and # 6.. rent out a hall and we could either arm ourselves with sugar, cordial and sleeping bags for a night of movies or have some kinda party in a hall, i'd def chip in for food n rent for that :) :)
FoxTailedCritter
Furstralian
Furstralian
Species: ►Vampire fox

Postby FoxTailedCritter » Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:28 am

Like Jet i would love to do the river cruise again next year it was awesome!
Oh and I am totally for the whole rent out a hall and have some kinda party or movie night sounds like fun. :wgrin:
Everything you say or do has ripple effects....
Be the change you want to see in the world.