Rivfur 2012! Get your fur on! 29th-1st July

Forum rules
DISCLAIMER:
Users organise and attend meets and conventions and share accommodation entirely at their own risk. Furstralia can take no responsibility or liability for any loss or damages which may occur during or as a result of attendance of those events or as a result of shared accommodation.
Kyle
Newcomer
Newcomer

Postby Kyle » Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:41 pm

Where are people staying? Looking at the event schedule there's a bit of travel between events, but 50% are near the Southbank Parkland. I'm looking at a place called Somewhere To Stay, which is a simple and cheap backpackers place. Should do the trick, but just wondering if anyone has any other recommendations before I put in my booking. Cheers.

http://www.somewheretostay.com.au/
KibaSwiftpaw
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: German Shepherd Werewolf

Postby KibaSwiftpaw » Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:01 am

I'm currently hiding up at the rydges. Bit more I know but Tis worth it for me to not have to lug everything too far >..>

And yea, we got huge plans to cut down travel next year >.> don't worry
Talinart
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: Lynx

Postby Talinart » Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:04 pm

I'm currently hiding up at the rydges. Bit more I know but Tis worth it for me to not have to lug everything too far[/quote]
I'm looking at staying at the Rydges as well - just deciding whether it is worth getting a fancy room (basic room = $174 per night vs. $214 a night for a suite)

And on that note: The Rydges is currently running a promotion where you can get a King Suite (bedroom, separate living room and balcony - sleeps 4) for $214 a night (Winter Warmer package).
So even if you are sharing, you'll be able to have room to move (and party - responsibly of course)

These prices are all from the Rydges website.

Sorry that this sounds like an ad, but these promotions aren't appearing on external sites, and the more people at the one hotel, the easier it is to keep the fun going - as long as everyone behaves themselves (you don't want to be the guy/girl/group who ruined it for everyone).
KibaSwiftpaw
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: German Shepherd Werewolf

Postby KibaSwiftpaw » Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:00 pm

No please promote away :P Defintly the more that wanna catch a hotel in the same area the better the experience.
(Spolier* We are looking at helping this common issue for next year ^.^)

And yus, party away (responsibly)