RivFur 2012 - Will YOU Be at LAN Smash?

Forum rules
DISCLAIMER:
Users organise and attend meets and conventions and share accommodation entirely at their own risk. Furstralia can take no responsibility or liability for any loss or damages which may occur during or as a result of attendance of those events or as a result of shared accommodation.

Where are you on Sunday?

Poll ended at Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:22 pm

I will be going Winter LAN Smash!
No votes
I will be going Winter LAN Smash!
No votes
I would prefer to go to the Park Meet.
50%
I would prefer to go to the Park Meet.
50%

Total votes: 28
KibaSwiftpaw
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: German Shepherd Werewolf

RivFur 2012 - Will YOU Be at LAN Smash?

Postby KibaSwiftpaw » Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:18 pm

Either way people would be taking gaming rigs somewhere, if not lansmash, to someone's house?
Is there really a difference in transport wise? And we know the numbers wouldn't be huge that's why we left it to those wanting a LAN to go there for which I know about 15-20 are attending, which is all I expected to be honest.
You are all welcome to make one at a house as an external event but if it's all about transport then us hiring a venue would just present the same issues would it not?

We gave the option because of many saying they wanted it -but- not enough for a venue, or the money it would take us to host something like that for the few.
Again not saying LAN smash was suppose to be a main event, the park was always it but we gave it to those wanting to meet up and go as a group.
You also got to remember there is a whole two staff this year, we just don't have the power to do it and had to work with what we could honestly manage

And with the change of dates for next year, we put it in as it's not going to conincide with it again :) *insert spoiler here*