Rivfur 2012 - Furball River Cruise [ALL THE INFO]

Forum rules
DISCLAIMER:
Users organise and attend meets and conventions and share accommodation entirely at their own risk. Furstralia can take no responsibility or liability for any loss or damages which may occur during or as a result of attendance of those events or as a result of shared accommodation.
Jet
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: Dingo

Postby Jet » Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:36 pm

First up and most importantly, registration for the 2012 Fur Ball River Cruise closes on the 17th of June 2012, and spaces are filling fast (Only 11 left as of 5/6/2012) so get in really quick if you want to rock the boat!

Underage Furs (Furs under 18) READ THIS

If you are under 18 (of if you know someone who is, who is going to the cruise, please let them know), have already, or are going register for the cruise, please ensure you bring written permission from your parents so you can board the boat!
You can download the RivFur 2012 River Cruise Permission Slip in .PDF format Here or as a .JPEG image Here if you cant view pdf's for whatever reason.
Your parent or guardian must sign this and you'll need to bring it with you on Saturday the 30th of June @ 5:30PM when you board the boat.

Boarding Time & Place

We will be boarding from the the same place as last year, the Cultural Centre Pontoon located on the boardwalk outside the Queensland State Library (see map bellow)
You MUST be at the meeting spot no later then 5:25PM on Saturday the 30th of June, this will give us enough time to get everyone sorted and get you ready to board the boat shortly after.

We will not be able to hold the boat for late arrivals!
Remember, your registration for this event is non refundable, if you miss the boat, you will miss out. Be on the pontoon early if you think you'll be late. ^ ^

Image Image

Where To Park

This parking information has changed a little bit since last year, so please ensure you read it if you're planning on parking in either of these locations. I would recommend parking in the Cordelia Street complex, its further away, but cheaper. If you're brining a fursuit and you don't want to haul it a few blocks, you might want to park a little closer in the Southbank (Little Stanley) complex, provided you're returning to your vehicle before 1am.
These prices are correct as of 5/6/12, and are subject to change without notice. I recommend you check with the parking complex BEFORE you park your car. This information is provided as a courtesy and is correct at the time of posting, Rivfur Committee is not responsible for additional fees, or changes to prices at these facilities between now and the 30th of June.

For obvious reasons we cannot guarantee that there will be vacancies at these facilities, I recommend you have and emergency fall back and allow time in your journey should you be unable to park where you planned in order to find another place to park

Parking Site No. 1

Cost
Park for up to 4 hours in Underground Secure Parking: $24
REMEMBER: If you exceed 4 hours, normal rates apply from $30 up to a maximum of $36

Parking closes at 1AM, special call out fee of $80 applies if you want to retrieve your vehicle between 1.00am to 5.00am

How To Find & Access Secure Parking
Secure parking is located off of Little Stanley Street, Corner Tribune St (See Map)

Parking Site No. 2

Cost
$13 Flat Rate Secure Parking
24HR Parking

How To Find & Access Secure Parking
32 Cordelia Street South Brisbane Enter via Cordelia Street or Merivale Street (See Map)

Getting there on the bus or train

Public transport information will be posted closer to the date given how often Translink changes its schedules or has unexpected delays or maintenance to train / bus service, posting any info now would be outdated within a week (or day XD)

J.D
Jet
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: Dingo

Postby Jet » Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:30 pm

Quick advisory,

Clearance of Carpark 2 is 2.3 Meters. Most 4x4's can access within that hight restriction.

Just posting that for anyone (like me) who drives a 4x4 which cant park in low clearance paid parking :P
Rogue
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: Wolf, Feline, Fox depends on mi mood.

Postby Rogue » Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:31 pm

Thanks for the heads up as my 4x4 doesnt normally fit in undercover car parks either :shock:
jjuwles
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: Fox, or Triceratops

Postby jjuwles » Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:57 pm

can someone link me to the photos taken during the 2012 furball cruise?
Foxy_Malone
Admin
Admin
Species: Snow Leopard

Postby Foxy_Malone » Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:12 pm

can someone link me to the photos taken during the 2012 furball cruise?[/quote]

pretty sure noone has uploaded any yet
SnowDragon
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: SnowDragon

Postby SnowDragon » Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:38 pm

Pictures are slowly filtering through the wire, they'll get here when they get here. It's only beena day after the event XD
FoxTailedCritter
Furstralian
Furstralian
Species: ►Vampire fox

Postby FoxTailedCritter » Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:09 pm

can someone link me to the photos taken during the 2012 furball cruise?[/quote]
Here is some from the cruise http://www.flickr.com/photos/keiowolf/s ... 380059048/ {Done by Keio (keiowolf)}
Everything you say or do has ripple effects....
Be the change you want to see in the world.