RivFur 2013

Forum rules
DISCLAIMER:
Users organise and attend meets and conventions and share accommodation entirely at their own risk. Furstralia can take no responsibility or liability for any loss or damages which may occur during or as a result of attendance of those events or as a result of shared accommodation.
Foxy_Malone
Admin
Admin
Species: Snow Leopard

RivFur 2013

Postby Foxy_Malone » Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:15 pm

http://www.rivfur.net.au/

Rivfur 2013 is coming, and its going to be bigger and better then last year!

==So whats new in 2013?==
One of our newest and most exciting additions to RivFur 2013, will be the fact we are now based in an four star hotel!

This new hotel setting sees the introduction of new internal events to compliment our already huge external event schedule this year. There will be so much to do in 2013, you should never find yourself bored! There is always something on at RivFur either inside or outside the hotel con space! Our HUGE Event Schedule will be released later on in 2013.

Check out the events list in the Events Schedule menu tab on the website! As new events are announced they will be listed here. You can also follow us for all the latest on the RivFur Official Facebook and Twitter feeds to hear about it first!

==Hotel Right... So What About Accommodation Prices?==
Being in a awesome hotel, we have got some epically low cost accommodation for you this year! So if you need a place to crash, drink, chill out in (all those good things), check out the super low group rates on the Hotel Page of the RivFur website.

Room rates start as low as $58.33 per person, per night this year! Remember, rooms arn't being held 'reserved' for us, so be sure to get in quick to avoid disappointment later on!

Remember Locals, You don't NEED to stay at the hotel to attend RivFur 2013. But if your thinking about doing it, just think, it's always cool to not have to bus home every night but hang out with your furry friends till real late!

==What will RivFur 2013 cost to attend?==
We are taking a VERY budget conscious approach to RivFur 2013. We want the weekend costing as little as possible so everyone can afford to attend.

Only $60 gets you access to all three MASSIVE furry days of RivFur 2013!

There will be sponsor registration levels RivFur 2013, so be sure to check out the RivFur Registration Page for more information on what costs what, and what each rego level gives you if your interested is becoming a sponsor!

Remember we are run as a Non-Profit Event. Any money raised above our operational costs (which is highly unlikely in the first year XD) goes back into the convention to make the following year even bigger and better!

==How Many People Go To RivFur?==
RivFur now see's over 120+ furs each year. We are aiming for a massive increase this year given the huge amount of interest we've had about this change in format! Each year we aim to accommodate more and more furs as the demand to attend RivFur continues to increase.

There will be a hard limit for RivFur 2013, we may lift this limit if we have a sufficient number of additional furs asking to attend after rego maxes out for 2013.

**reposted from the facebook page cause not everyone is a member there or wants to be***
Jet
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: Dingo

RivFur 2013

Postby Jet » Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:35 pm

Cheers Foxy. Much Appreciated ^ ^
Neox
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: Island Fox

RivFur 2013

Postby Neox » Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:11 pm

I look forward too it :)
FoxTailedCritter
Furstralian
Furstralian
Species: ►Vampire fox

RivFur 2013

Postby FoxTailedCritter » Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:30 pm

Cheers Foxy. Much Appreciated ^ ^[/quote]

Nice RivFur 2013 banner/signature and yes i will be going to RivFur now as there is a hotel~! ^.=.^
Makes it more fun and easier for me, As before i had to drive hours to southbank and couldn't stay out to late.

Also im thinking about booking a room with a few others, So anyone feel free to pm me about it.
Everything you say or do has ripple effects....
Be the change you want to see in the world.
Vel
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: Platypus Dragon

RivFur 2013

Postby Vel » Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:31 pm

I might come along to this, however I do not have the leave or budget right now to commit myself to it.
Jet
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: Dingo

RivFur 2013

Postby Jet » Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:21 pm

I might come along to this, however I do not have the leave or budget right now to commit myself to it.[/quote]

Awesomez,

We've got sooooo much cool stuff lined up for RivFur, you'll have one hell of a ball if you do come along! Look forward to seeing ya!
Sparky
Newcomer
Newcomer

RivFur 2013

Postby Sparky » Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:46 pm

Do you need a fursuit to come and be part of rivfur? As I don't think I could get one in time :/ Plus does Brisbane have regular meet up?

Cheers Sparky

Ps sorry if I ask this in the wrong section.
Wererstritchy
Furstralian
Furstralian
Species: Goat

RivFur 2013

Postby Wererstritchy » Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:45 am

Brisbane does have a regular meet up, there appears to be one every week:http://www.facebook.com/groups/243330392438127/ and : http://www.facebook.com/groups/345624912145527/. Look on facebook to find out more, maybe you can link up with them, and I'm sure you can find all the information about RivFur on the website: http://www.rivfur.net.au But you won't need a fursuit to join the RivFur convention.
kat_aclysm
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: It's pretty obvious

RivFur 2013

Postby kat_aclysm » Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:39 am

Sparky, you don't need a fursuit to attend anything fursuit related! Only about 10 ~ 20% of furries actually take a fursuit to a meetup/convention (depending where you go in the world, this is a really rough statistic). For some actual fursuit data... at Anthrocon this year in the US there were 5,179 attendees, but there were only 1,044 fursuits in the fursuit-parade - about 20.1%.

Not everyone wants to wear them either. Just come along, have fun, meet new people and be yourself. =3
Sparky
Newcomer
Newcomer

RivFur 2013

Postby Sparky » Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:01 am

Thanks for the info and I bough a ticket to rivfur. So now to take some time off work :D Cheers for all your help but I will be looking a suit. I will be looking forward at catching up with a few local members first. Sorry to derail the thread, I'm a noob and still getting use to this forum.