Rivfur has ended

Forum rules
DISCLAIMER:
Users organise and attend meets and conventions and share accommodation entirely at their own risk. Furstralia can take no responsibility or liability for any loss or damages which may occur during or as a result of attendance of those events or as a result of shared accommodation.
Foxy_Malone
Admin
Admin
Species: Snow Leopard

Rivfur has ended

Postby Foxy_Malone » Sat Jul 02, 2016 10:24 am

Hey everyone! I hope we're all doing well this chilly evening!

I really do wish I could be the bearer of better news, but it is with great reluctance that I have to inform everyone that, as of the time of this post, all RivFur events have been cancelled, due to an overall lack of interest. Everyone who has already paid will be getting refunded over the next week or two, while we wait for refunds from some of the deposits that were put down. Any questions regarding refunds or payments should be referred to Daniel Harmer.

On a personal note, I am incredibly saddened by the way things turned out the way they did. RivFur was the very first convention I'd ever attended, and it was truly one of the most amazing experiences I'd ever had. I made amazing friends, met incredible people, and honestly? Nothing can compare to your first! :P

When we were given the reins for the event, we were determined to make it as fun and exciting as possible, to give back to our awesome community! But alas, a multitudinous combination of circumstances, from FurDU being pushed back (out of their control, we completely understand <3) to what appeared to be a very, very low interest in the event, forced our hand. And as much as we would love to still hold the events for those who were still interested, we decided that it would be better for everyone to call off everything...

And this brings me to my last, and most important announcement:
It is with deep, deep sadness that I have to announce that this is the end of RivFur... This is no one person or group of people's fault, but this is a decision that has been unanimously decided upon by everyone involved. Our last hope to revitalise this almost-decade-long event didn't work out the way we had hoped, so we have no real choice but to close our doors.

From myself, Dan, Foxy, and everyone who helped us behind the scenes, we wish everyone the very best, and we hope to see you
deadlyScarab
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: Dragon

Re: Rivfur has ended

Postby deadlyScarab » Mon Jul 11, 2016 6:49 pm

I'm truly sorry to hear that =(
My avatar was based on a template created by KammyMau (http://www.furaffinity.net/user/kammymau/)

(and special thanks to SonicSweeti on Furaffinity as well)
deadlyScarab
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: Dragon

Re: Rivfur has ended

Postby deadlyScarab » Sat Jul 16, 2016 2:33 pm

if you are planning to organize something either now or hopefully in the near future, i would love to join as well, i would like to socialize and try to help out in some way
My avatar was based on a template created by KammyMau (http://www.furaffinity.net/user/kammymau/)

(and special thanks to SonicSweeti on Furaffinity as well)