Happy New Year from FurWAG!

Forum rules
DISCLAIMER:
Users organise and attend meets and conventions and share accommodation entirely at their own risk. Furstralia can take no responsibility or liability for any loss or damages which may occur during or as a result of attendance of those events or as a result of shared accommodation.
FurWAG
Newcomer
Newcomer

Postby FurWAG » Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:30 pm

Since our previous announcement was (technically) made last year, i'd like to start by wishing everyone a happy new year on behalf of the FurWAG committee :) This is the inaugural year of our event, and we're all really excited about it! We're hoping to create something really special for the Western Australian furry community, and for our interstate guests as well.

Firstly, an update on planning for the event. While it's still early days - and i'm not at liberty to divulge anything too major at this stage - I can at least announce that FurWAG will offer a range of events which take place over a 3-day period (i.e. Friday night, Saturday and Sunday). (For those who missed the previous announcement, the event will be scheduled for the second half of the year, and such that it won't clash with other furry events.) In this way, we intend to continue the tradition of the Perthfur Gathering (PFG) - however, FurWAG will be bigger, better and way more fun! Believe me, if only I could tell you what we've got planned for the Friday night... it's going to go off like a powder keg!

More on that later, but now for the big news... FurWAG is now a part of Australian Fandom Conventions - that's the organisation behind MiDFur and A Very Furry Halloween! We are extremely grateful and happy to be a part of this group. What does this mean for FurWAG? Well, for starters, it allows us to draw upon years worth of knowledge and experience in running furry conventions. It also gives us access to services and amenities used by those other events. It keeps our costs down, so that we can keep the registration costs affordable. It's pretty much the best outcome we could have hoped for, really. With AFC behind us, we can really get down to business and make this event a success!

Last, but not least, a website for FurWAG is currently in the works. The full site won't launch until we're ready to announce the dates and venues for the event, but now's as good a time as any to bookmark http://www.furwag.com.au/ - and don't forget we're still on Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and FurAffinity :)

Stay tuned for more exciting news about FurWAG in the coming weeks!
Sebastian
Furstralian Fanatic
Furstralian Fanatic
Species: wallaby/chameleon hybrid

Re: Happy New Year from FurWAG!

Postby Sebastian » Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:56 pm

The Australian furry community continues to grow!! :whowl:

Wishing you the best of success! I probably wont be able to attend any events in the near future (I'm utterly skint :wcry:) but I'll be thrilled to hear from other furs that your group is triumphant at showing that we Aussie furs love a good party!
FurWAG
Newcomer
Newcomer

Postby FurWAG » Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:30 pm

Since our previous announcement was (technically) made last year, i'd like to start by wishing everyone a happy new year on behalf of the FurWAG committee :) This is the inaugural year of our event, and we're all really excited about it! We're hoping to create something really special for the Western Australian furry community, and for our interstate guests as well.

Firstly, an update on planning for the event. While it's still early days - and i'm not at liberty to divulge anything too major at this stage - I can at least announce that FurWAG will offer a range of events which take place over a 3-day period (i.e. Friday night, Saturday and Sunday). (For those who missed the previous announcement, the event will be scheduled for the second half of the year, and such that it won't clash with other furry events.) In this way, we intend to continue the tradition of the Perthfur Gathering (PFG) - however, FurWAG will be bigger, better and way more fun! Believe me, if only I could tell you what we've got planned for the Friday night... it's going to go off like a powder keg!

More on that later, but now for the big news... FurWAG is now a part of Australian Fandom Conventions - that's the organisation behind MiDFur and A Very Furry Halloween! We are extremely grateful and happy to be a part of this group. What does this mean for FurWAG? Well, for starters, it allows us to draw upon years worth of knowledge and experience in running furry conventions. It also gives us access to services and amenities used by those other events. It keeps our costs down, so that we can keep the registration costs affordable. It's pretty much the best outcome we could have hoped for, really. With AFC behind us, we can really get down to business and make this event a success!

Last, but not least, a website for FurWAG is currently in the works. The full site won't launch until we're ready to announce the dates and venues for the event, but now's as good a time as any to bookmark http://www.furwag.com.au/ - and don't forget we're still on Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and FurAffinity :)

Stay tuned for more exciting news about FurWAG in the coming weeks!
Sebastian
Furstralian Fanatic
Furstralian Fanatic
Species: wallaby/chameleon hybrid

Postby Sebastian » Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:56 pm

The Australian furry community continues to grow!! :whowl:

Wishing you the best of success! I probably wont be able to attend any events in the near future (I'm utterly skint :wcry:) but I'll be thrilled to hear from other furs that your group is triumphant at showing that we Aussie furs love a good party!