Fur Suppliers

For anything Fursuiting and Costuming
Toska
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: Warthog

Fur Suppliers

Postby Toska » Sun Feb 07, 2010 7:06 pm

I've got another one I am going to get my fur through, cheap but looks to be good quality and they deliver.
http://www.bearycheap.com/index.html Their regular store, great for partials
http://www.bearycheap.biz/BCW1023.html Their wholesale store, good for making whole suits, buy 5m and get it cheap
Considering they are a Teddy Bear supply store they'd be great for anyone that makes plushies as well.
They have suede for paw pads as well[/quote]

They look very nice but you should try and get a sample first, I my experience (not much really...) fur for teddies can have very stiff, scratchy backing; not too good for suits
And are the 1/2 metre pieces pre-cut?[/quote]

Ahh I didn't think of that, I'll send them and e-mail and see.
vixen
Contributer
Contributer
Species: Fox

Fur Suppliers

Postby vixen » Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:57 pm

*updating* Spotlights range has fallen significantly...this is at all the spotlight stores i've tried. Bartfelds is awesome if you go there in person (i'd buy everything from them if i lived in melbourne!), I find them difficult to contact in e-mails/phone and they dont have any listings of the fur they keep online (which is ALOT!) . Lavals site is great showing the variety they have online, but i'm guessing its easier to contact via phone. E-mailing doesnt seem to work. Its very unfortunate that Australia has a very low count of fur suppliers, plus a very expensive range. American company's reply to e-mails straight away, send samples within a week and even after currency conversion, they work out ALOT cheaper, even including postage. I would support Aussie suppliers more if they were easier to deal with. I do buy from them often if they have what i need and in person only, not online.
Toska
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: Warthog

Fur Suppliers

Postby Toska » Sat Jul 10, 2010 4:16 pm

*updating* Spotlights range has fallen significantly...this is at all the spotlight stores i've tried. Bartfelds is awesome if you go there in person (i'd buy everything from them if i lived in melbourne!), I find them difficult to contact in e-mails/phone and they dont have any listings of the fur they keep online (which is ALOT!) . Lavals site is great showing the variety they have online, but i'm guessing its easier to contact via phone. E-mailing doesnt seem to work. Its very unfortunate that Australia has a very low count of fur suppliers, plus a very expensive range. American company's reply to e-mails straight away, send samples within a week and even after currency conversion, they work out ALOT cheaper, even including postage. I would support Aussie suppliers more if they were easier to deal with. I do buy from them often if they have what i need and in person only, not online.[/quote]

What are the American sites you use??
kat_aclysm
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: It's pretty obvious

Fur Suppliers

Postby kat_aclysm » Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:43 am

US Stores that ship to Australia? CR Crafts is good! Shipping is a bit pricey. Mendel's is good too. =)

Those are the two I've used so far:
http://www.mendels.com/fur1.shtml
http://www.crscraft.com/
Pendzez
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: Panda/wolf

Fur Suppliers

Postby Pendzez » Sun Aug 08, 2010 2:17 pm

Spotlight? In all the top 10 shops I hate in the whole world, in which spotlight comes in second, I never thought spotlight might have to be the place to go to if I decide to make my own fursuit. If so, I might have to suffer for a good 10-20 minutes, trying to find the materials.
FuzziBear
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: Panda

Fur Suppliers

Postby FuzziBear » Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:58 pm

NUUUUUUUU dont go to spotlight D:
Fuzzyball
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: Snowliopard

Fur Suppliers

Postby Fuzzyball » Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:07 pm

NUUUUUUUU dont go to spotlight D:[/quote]
Yeah, spotlight's range has really decresed in recent years. You're much better off going directly to the suppliers.
kat_aclysm
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: It's pretty obvious

Fur Suppliers

Postby kat_aclysm » Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:15 pm

I've honestly found the Spotlights in Sydney (that I go to, anyway...) to be relatively decent for most arts and craft things. But yes, if you want a luxury soft fur that doesn't feel cheap and gross, they carry Beaver/Seal fur in Black and White. Occaisonally it will come in sandy colour (think of the colour of Meerkats) but their range is quite limited otherwise. Lincraft is a little better, I've found. My local one has luxury fur in a few more colours than the ones I already listed, but still quite limited...

So yeah - don't discredit Spotlight so readily! They have some good stuff... once in a while.
Smokey
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: Lion Dragon (Ligon)

Fur Suppliers

Postby Smokey » Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:25 pm

yeah i got my fur at spotlight ive never even heard of the other 2. you could also mention clarkrubber for foam if they are interested.
nagamaki
Newcomer
Newcomer

Fur Suppliers

Postby nagamaki » Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:51 pm

I went furshopping today in Canberra. Lincraft was 19.95/m, Spotlight in Queanbyan was 12.95/m sale for VIP card holders and 14.95/m normally. They both had a very limited range of fur on the bolt. Spotlight had some amazing furs being sold in fat quarters at different prices, mostly expensive.