Looking for a suit maker in SA (or anywhere really)

For anything Fursuiting and Costuming
makitana
Newcomer
Newcomer

Postby makitana » Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:24 pm

Never thought id say this... but who are some good fursuit makers in aus >_>

I tried making one myself but I just dont have the equipment or the time. it was ok for my handpaws because they were easy to sew and touch up by hand, but when it comes to larger things that take like 5+ hours to simply sew to a backing cloth, one mistake costs double that with pulling apart the stitches, cutting a new shape and doing it again. Then theres the part where I just cant find the colours I want in SA, or fur of the correct length.

Id kinda want one more tailored to my body size coz im not exactly normal size (im smaller than small when it comes to adult mens business/t/polo shirts lol) so Im interested in how possible makers would deal with custom sizings for parts.
makitana
Newcomer
Newcomer

Postby makitana » Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:24 pm

Never thought id say this... but who are some good fursuit makers in aus >_>

I tried making one myself but I just dont have the equipment or the time. it was ok for my handpaws because they were easy to sew and touch up by hand, but when it comes to larger things that take like 5+ hours to simply sew to a backing cloth, one mistake costs double that with pulling apart the stitches, cutting a new shape and doing it again. Then theres the part where I just cant find the colours I want in SA, or fur of the correct length.

Id kinda want one more tailored to my body size coz im not exactly normal size (im smaller than small when it comes to adult mens business/t/polo shirts lol) so Im interested in how possible makers would deal with custom sizings for parts.
Serenco
Newcomer
Newcomer

Re: Looking for a suit maker in SA (or anywhere really)

Postby Serenco » Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:17 am

Easy peasy, you want hilarious fruit!! made my suit for me and are great to work with. their FA page is: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/hilariousfruit so you can see all their work there. Their website is also http://hilariousfruit.net/
Serenco
Newcomer
Newcomer

Postby Serenco » Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:17 pm

Easy peasy, you want hilarious fruit!! made my suit for me and are great to work with. their FA page is: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/hilariousfruit so you can see all their work there. Their website is also http://hilariousfruit.net/
marc andre
Super Furstralian
Super Furstralian
Species: house cat

Postby marc andre » Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:05 pm

man serenco is great at this marketing thing :P
as for body shapes, we use duct tape dummies for all our body suits so they fit perfectly :3
marc andre
Super Furstralian
Super Furstralian
Species: house cat

Postby marc andre » Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:05 pm

man serenco is great at this marketing thing :P
as for body shapes, we use duct tape dummies for all our body suits so they fit perfectly :3
Serenco
Newcomer
Newcomer

Postby Serenco » Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:57 pm

haha I"m just on the net too much lol. Yeah I'm also a small in mens cloting (depsite being 6 foot) and my arms fit very well
Serenco
Newcomer
Newcomer

Postby Serenco » Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:57 pm

haha I"m just on the net too much lol. Yeah I'm also a small in mens cloting (depsite being 6 foot) and my arms fit very well