new furry. fur suit tips.

For anything Fursuiting and Costuming
bobo
Newcomer
Newcomer

Postby bobo » Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:21 am

im new to the furry fandom and was wondering how to go about acquiring a fursuit. am i better off buying or making? do you have any clue about how to go with ever. i have found a bunch of tutorials on how to make fursuits but none on elephant like creatures. how do i go about making a trunk. will i be stuck with a fixed trunk or can i make one that can flap around some what without looking to tacked on?
thanks for your help and may the source be with you.
What great energy, intelligence, and magnificent beautiful eyes... But enough about me, how are you doing?
Wererstritchy
Furstralian
Furstralian
Species: Goat

Postby Wererstritchy » Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:33 pm

There are quite a few interesting thoughts for an elephant fursuit! I have a few questions, if you don't mind. What are you intending to use as the material for the ears/skin? Do you have a budget? Are there other things that you have a particular want for this suit?

You can find that some tutorials on wings would do for an effect ear for an elephant. A trunk can be emulated using similar ideas as a tail. You might want to look at some other tusked creature fursuits.

As for whether you should make your own, or get someone else to make it, do you want one sooner rather than later, or is price a factor? If you want one done quickly, you'd best be talking to some fursuit creators. If you want it much cheaper, learning how to do it yourself is probably the way to go.
bobo
Newcomer
Newcomer

Postby bobo » Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:46 pm

i would like brown fur for the majority of the suit with red and orange highlights. i would like to keep it under $500 (if possible). and not really.

as im not in any rush i think making it will be the way to go. the question is now how to acquire all the materials.

thanks for the advise.
What great energy, intelligence, and magnificent beautiful eyes... But enough about me, how are you doing?
bobo
Newcomer
Newcomer

Postby bobo » Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:20 am

does anyone know any tutorials biased on trucked animals?
Wererstritchy
Furstralian
Furstralian
Species: Goat

Postby Wererstritchy » Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:07 pm

Do you mean tusked?

As for tutorials on tusked based animals, search 'tutorials tusk fursuit' in google, ask, yahoo, bing, etc, and you should see a few, see which ones you like or can work with. Most of us here don't actually make fursuits, let alone know how to make tusked ones.
FoxTailedCritter
Furstralian
Furstralian
Species: ►Vampire fox

Postby FoxTailedCritter » Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:36 pm

Very helpful info scritchy~!
Everything you say or do has ripple effects....
Be the change you want to see in the world.