Camera selection for MidFur....

Newcomer
Species: Ogrin

Burke_a_lot, Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:03 pm

Alright then.... I need help selecting which cameras and a few other things to take to MidFur this year.... Any advice on the following would be awesome!

I have a rig set up that will be with me most of the time.... It has a Canon EOS 400D digital SLR with a Panasonic SDR-S7 video camera attached on this one jig.... That way I can snap away as well as film at the same time.... This jig also includes a multi colour light setup for effects....

Now that's not really what I needed help with.... what I need help with is the precision stuff.... should I bring my Pentax K1000 for group photos? and / or my box brownie?

And for the video should I get a shotgun Mic for external audio recording?

Any advice would be awesome!

Cheers. Burke_a_lot.

Newcomer
Species: kangaroo

Lambzie, Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:34 am

Have you already got the mic or are you going to get one?

Newcomer

Burke_a_lot, Sun Sep 05, 2010 12:35 pm

Have you already got the mic or are you going to get one?[/quote]

Nah I haven't got it yet.... just wanted to know if it's worth it or not.... might get it anyway.... only $50 and improves audio capture....

Newcomer
Species: kangaroo

Lambzie, Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:03 am

Have you already got the mic or are you going to get one?[/quote]

Nah I haven't got it yet.... just wanted to know if it's worth it or not.... might get it anyway.... only $50 and improves audio capture....[/quote]

Well no knowing much about the mic. AIl I can tell you is that shotgun mic's will pick up a bit of sound from behind and the sides of the mic. So don't be surprise if you are interviewing someone that you hear background cheater.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shotgun_mic#Shotgun

Newcomer
Species: Cougar

slider, Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:16 pm

I've sent you a PM with details of someone to talk to.

Newcomer

Burke_a_lot, Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:20 pm

Thanx all! Help appreciated! Will look into further!

Newcomer

Burke_a_lot, Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:28 pm

Wooo! got a Flexible Glass Mount Camera Bracket for the road trip down to MidFur! So Awesome!

Also got my hands on a really good quality tripod that I'm gonna convert into a portable dolly.... shoot... this gonna be Awesome!

Newcomer

CammyT, Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:33 am

Do you have a picture of the mount for your camera and video camera? How heavy is it to carry both? Is there good weight balance so it's not so heavy?

Return to “Photography”