The Fox's travels in the 21st Century (warning to Dialup)

Show us your photography and furtography!
Redtailfox
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: Red Fox/Red Kangaroo Hybrid

The Fox's travels in the 21st Century (warning to Dialu

Postby Redtailfox » Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:11 pm

Another piece of History has been placed on temporary display at the QLD Transport Museum in Gatton, the first Kenworth sold by the dealership firm of Brown and Hurley, one of Australia's larger truck dealers.

This W923 left one of their dealerships back in 1965 for use as an oilfields Rig truck, then passed through a number of hands until purchased by 'Brown and Hurley', restored to original condition and spec and placed on display around the country.

Redtailfox
Newcomer
Newcomer

Re: The Fox's travels in the 21st Century (warning to Dialup

Postby Redtailfox » Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:37 pm

The other day was the 2012 Lights on the Hill convoy and I attended to capture some of the rigs on camera.

and we also got a shot of some old fart in a Falcon Wagon almost getting creamed by a truck in the convoy which was travelling at 60kph. The wagon decided to cut through the convoy and do a U-turn before cutting off the truck following the one behind the one in the photo. This is a classic example of why we need these lights on the Hill memorial convoys for truck and buss drivers who have been killed on the road doing their jobs, and stupidity of car drivers ranks at the top of the list of causes of truck accidents.
Redtailfox
Newcomer
Newcomer

Postby Redtailfox » Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:37 pm

The other day was the 2012 Lights on the Hill convoy and I attended to capture some of the rigs on camera.

and we also got a shot of some old fart in a Falcon Wagon almost getting creamed by a truck in the convoy which was travelling at 60kph. The wagon decided to cut through the convoy and do a U-turn before cutting off the truck following the one behind the one in the photo. This is a classic example of why we need these lights on the Hill memorial convoys for truck and buss drivers who have been killed on the road doing their jobs, and stupidity of car drivers ranks at the top of the list of causes of truck accidents.
Raven
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: Arctic Fox/Tufted Deer

Postby Raven » Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:00 am

You have some intriguing shots there, though im not much for automotive interest, it does remind me of the nice trips I took with my big brother in his truck to go do the sign maintenance for Toyota for my parents company. Also, whoever owns Ludwig there should probably check their engine as carbon spewing means there is a poor Oxygen:Fuel ratio.
Raven
Newcomer
Newcomer

Postby Raven » Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:00 am

You have some intriguing shots there, though im not much for automotive interest, it does remind me of the nice trips I took with my big brother in his truck to go do the sign maintenance for Toyota for my parents company. Also, whoever owns Ludwig there should probably check their engine as carbon spewing means there is a poor Oxygen:Fuel ratio.
Redtailfox
Newcomer
Newcomer

Postby Redtailfox » Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:33 pm

Revan wrote:You have some intriguing shots there, though im not much for automotive interest, it does remind me of the nice trips I took with my big brother in his truck to go do the sign maintenance for Toyota for my parents company. Also, whoever owns Ludwig there should probably check their engine as carbon spewing means there is a poor Oxygen:Fuel ratio.
All Mack V8 Diesel engines in the Superliners do that, but not all the time. It only does it if you drop it back a cog and then plant it. Consider it a Mack Superliner party trick at truck shows these days.
Redtailfox
Newcomer
Newcomer

Postby Redtailfox » Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:33 pm

You have some intriguing shots there, though im not much for automotive interest, it does remind me of the nice trips I took with my big brother in his truck to go do the sign maintenance for Toyota for my parents company. Also, whoever owns Ludwig there should probably check their engine as carbon spewing means there is a poor Oxygen:Fuel ratio.[/quote]

All Mack V8 Diesel engines in the Superliners do that, but not all the time. It only does it if you drop it back a cog and then plant it. Consider it a Mack Superliner party trick at truck shows these days.
Raven
Newcomer
Newcomer

Postby Raven » Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:45 pm

Wow, the things you learn =D, good thing im not spearheading their construction and maintenance else we'd all starve and lack supplies =P.
Raven
Newcomer
Newcomer

Postby Raven » Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:45 pm

Wow, the things you learn =D, good thing im not spearheading their construction and maintenance else we'd all starve and lack supplies =P.
Redtailfox
Newcomer
Newcomer

Postby Redtailfox » Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:15 am

Revan wrote:Wow, the things you learn =D, good thing im not spearheading their construction and maintenance else we'd all starve and lack supplies =P.
the OLD Superliners anyway, and Valueliners.