Laidley Floods -27th/28th Jan (warning, many pics)

Show us your photography and furtography!
Redtailfox
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: Red Fox/Red Kangaroo Hybrid

Postby Redtailfox » Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:41 pm

Just an assortment of photos i took yesterday and today while helping sandbag and move cartons of beer to the upstairs rooms of the pub.

These shots were taken fairly close together, between 6.35pm and 7.10pm on the same intersection. Once the water started coming up we helped the publican and staff with moving the cartons of beer, food, electronics and office upstairs. (sorry for poor quality, had a little digital point and shoot in my jacket pocket in a sealed bag.

The following shots are in different areas in my part of town the following morning

The news media arrives and use the school oval across the road from my house as a staging area

And the cleanup has begun but with talk of more water coming down the creek, perhaps it is premature? The major cleanup and assessment of the damage is tomorrow, lots of people have got mud through their yards and homes and businesses.

I will continue to photograph the aftermath, expect more shots of this as we get into areas we currently are locked out of by water
Redtailfox
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: Red Fox/Red Kangaroo Hybrid

Postby Redtailfox » Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:45 am

Was a day of cleanup today, with me and my relatives removing over 1 1/2 tons of silt and debris from my Aunty's place alone, and every house in that part of town are in the same boat. Another thing making it worse is that the flood has brought out all the snakes, we got 3 Browns today alone and 5 yesterday.

Compare these few shots with the similar ones taken on the 28th

Here are some damage shots from the walk to my Aunty's place in the morning and the rest of the day