Cameras! *click!*

Show us your photography and furtography!
Lambzie
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: kangaroo

Cameras! *click!*

Postby Lambzie » Tue Dec 28, 2010 5:38 pm

I just got a camera upgrade to a Canon EOS 550D Love it to bits. It also came with a 18-55mm lens and a 55-250mm lens.
Kidsune
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: Fox

Re: Cameras! *click!*

Postby Kidsune » Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:45 pm

Lambzie wrote:I just got a camera upgrade to a Canon EOS 550D Love it to bits. It also came with a 18-55mm lens and a 55-250mm lens.
High-five for same camera! ¦D
Kidsune
Newcomer
Newcomer

Cameras! *click!*

Postby Kidsune » Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:45 pm

I just got a camera upgrade to a Canon EOS 550D Love it to bits. It also came with a 18-55mm lens and a 55-250mm lens. [/quote]

High-five for same camera! ¦D
Burke_a_lot
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: Ogrin

Postby Burke_a_lot » Sat Jan 01, 2011 6:37 pm

Look at getting a Canon - EOS 7D down the track.... Although I was impressed with Zwabbe's Sony NEXVG10 (I think that's the Model) Camcorder.... Might think about getting myself one of them instead.... Such a nice camera to use, especially at MidFur!
Burke_a_lot
Newcomer
Newcomer

Cameras! *click!*

Postby Burke_a_lot » Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:37 pm

Look at getting a Canon - EOS 7D down the track.... Although I was impressed with Zwabbe's Sony NEXVG10 (I think that's the Model) Camcorder.... Might think about getting myself one of them instead.... Such a nice camera to use, especially at MidFur!
Cascade
Newcomer
Newcomer

Postby Cascade » Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:11 am

Burke_a_lot wrote:Look at getting a Canon - EOS 7D down the track.... Although I was impressed with Zwabbe's Sony NEXVG10 (I think that's the Model) Camcorder.... Might think about getting myself one of them instead.... Such a nice camera to use, especially at MidFur!
the 7D can do HD video.
Cascade
Newcomer
Newcomer

Cameras! *click!*

Postby Cascade » Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:11 am

Look at getting a Canon - EOS 7D down the track.... Although I was impressed with Zwabbe's Sony NEXVG10 (I think that's the Model) Camcorder.... Might think about getting myself one of them instead.... Such a nice camera to use, especially at MidFur![/quote]

the 7D can do HD video.
Burke_a_lot
Newcomer
Newcomer

Cameras! *click!*

Postby Burke_a_lot » Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:41 pm

Look at getting a Canon - EOS 7D down the track.... Although I was impressed with Zwabbe's Sony NEXVG10 (I think that's the Model) Camcorder.... Might think about getting myself one of them instead.... Such a nice camera to use, especially at MidFur![/quote]

the 7D can do HD video.[/quote]

True.... I'm gonna go with a Sony Nex-5.... lighter, more compact, cheaper, and still has the interchangeable lens. Best compact DSLR!
Kidsune
Newcomer
Newcomer

Cameras! *click!*

Postby Kidsune » Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:02 pm

the 7D can do HD video.[/quote]

True.... I'm gonna go with a Sony Nex-5.... lighter, more compact, cheaper, and still has the interchangeable lens. Best compact DSLR![/quote]

The NEX series simply does not compare to a proper DSLR (in fact it isn't considered a DSLR at all)
For portability, sure, it wins, but with a choice of only 5 lenses, no optical viewfinder (the absolute best thing about owning any sort of SLR), very slow autofocusing, shorter battery life, slower operation and framerate (compared to the 7D) limited accessories... i can keep going =p
Also, the NEX-5 has been replaced by the 5N, as well as the newly announced NEX-7. both of which still don't compare to owning a Canon/Nikon DSLR, or even a decent sony/pentax.

If you're really set on portability with still good image quality, i'd recommend the Fujifilm X100. Go to a camera shop and try one out, you'd be amazed. Hybrid optical/digital viewfinder, fantastic fixed prime lens (23mm F2), range-finder styling, it's pretty awesome.

Anyway, hope that helped some