Writer's block, Tips and tricks.

Show off your Stories or Poems here
FoxTailedCritter
Furstralian
Furstralian
Species: ►Vampire fox

Postby FoxTailedCritter » Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:26 am

I honestly don't know if this is the right place to put this..
But I was just wondering do any other furry writers out there, Get writer's block..? If so what do you do to fix it..?

Because my friend has it and she keeps on complaining that she needs help.
So any tips, Suggestions ect would help her alot~! :D
Everything you say or do has ripple effects....
Be the change you want to see in the world.
Faldor
Professional Procrastinator
Professional Procrastinator
Species: South East Island Dragon

Postby Faldor » Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:14 am

Depends what you, or rather your friend is writing. If it is non-fiction (Like the personal Interest Project I should be writing instead of giving you a response) then what you/they need to do is think about the topic in question, and just take a moment to reflect on what is already known by the author, and then commence typing/writing.

If it is Fiction, then I suggest analysing a few scenarios, not too in depth, maybe over a cup of warm coco, and even just thinking of very sophisticated descriptive words, so instead of "Joey opened the fridge and saw only milk", 'fancy' it up by saying "Joey swiftly swung free the chill kept inside this insulated box to reveal only cow extract, disappointed, he softly closed the cool prison for this lactated by-product, and returned to his solemn state of hunger." Just as an example. The person in question could also attempt to just stop thinking about the piece of text being written, and focus on something else, like cooking, cleaning, watching TV, and when an idea arises, don't block it because it seems silly, flow with it, and perfect it as you move along with it.

Mind you these are just ways that help me, I'm not sure if they will work or not, but meh, it is 3:14, you want some advice, here it is.
Please forgive the lateness of my reply.
Dar'z
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: Panthera Pardus Caracal

Postby Dar'z » Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:05 pm

The best way I know to break writer's block is to work through it. So write. If you can;t write what you want, try something else. Doesn't matter what it is. If you need inspiration, try writing exercises like describing the scene outside your window, or picking a random word (perhaps chosen with the aid of a dictionary), and writing a story around that. The point though is to get something out and down on paper/word processor. Hope this helps.