furry books

Show off your Stories or Poems here
Aquilion
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: Red fox

furry books

Postby Aquilion » Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:23 pm

If you like something dark, look for "Felidae" series be German writer Akif Princi. It ia about non-anthro house cat, who have to solve dark mysteries of his kind.
There is also an animated movie based on the first book - try to find it, it is really worth of some fatique.
Kraden
Oldschool Furstralian
Oldschool Furstralian
Species: WolfCyoteFox...thing

furry books

Postby Kraden » Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:02 am

Have a read of 'White Fang'.

It's a really good book from the perspective of a white wolf. Inspiring insights.
Aquilion
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: Red fox

furry books

Postby Aquilion » Sat Jun 20, 2009 8:30 am

Have a read of 'White Fang'.

It's a really good book from the perspective of a white wolf. Inspiring insights.[/quote]

Yes, it is very good book - "White Fang" by Jack London, and also, in similar climate "Kazan", "Baree, son of Kazan" and "Grizzly king" by J.O.Curwood
Azerane
Furstralian
Furstralian
Species: Lioness

furry books

Postby Azerane » Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:42 am

White Fang... and i believe 'Call of the Wild' is by the same author.

Depending on who is asking... Furry books have a different definition... though if you were after anthro, I guess you would have asked for anthro... gimme a few minutes, I know I have a big list of books somewhere. Let me dig it up...

Ok, so here's the list by species: * indicates something I've read, so you can ask me stuff about them if you want ** indicates something I've read some of eg. one book in a long series. There's probably plenty more books, but these are ones I know of or own. :)

Multiple Species
*The Jungle Books -Rudyard Kipling (awesome read, classic tale)
*The Ancient Secret: The Stones of Fire -Rick Wilkinson (Australian based two part series)
*The Ancient Secret: Teeth of the storm -Rick Wilkinson
*The Animals of Farthing Wood -Colin Dann (a real classic)
**Redwall series - Brian Jaques (anthro mice and stuff, very cool :) )
*Animal Farm - (Though I've not read it in years, it's a classic, creepy, but a classic)

Miscellaneous
The Cold Moons -Aeron Clement (Apparantly the badger equivalent of Watership Down)
*Firebringer -David Clement-Davies (about a deer)
The Stoner Eagles - Again, William Horwood
Shardik - Richard Adams (about a bear... has people in it)

Bats
*Sunwing - Kenneth Oppel (bats, good reads)
*Silverwing - " "
Firewing - " "

Cats (domestic and wild)
*The city cats -A series that I've never been able to find again after first reading it, by Colin Dann (author of the Animals of Farthing Wood)
**Warriors series - Erin Hunter
*Tailchaser's Song - Tad Williams (a cute little story, worth a read I think)
*Pride of Baghdad - Brian K. Caughan and Niko Henrichon (graphic novel... awesome, graphic, but awesome.)
*Felidae -Akif Pirincci (Already mentioned, somewhat graphic, but fantastic all the same)

Dogs/Wolves
*The Wolves of Time: Journeys to the Heartland -William Horwood (really cool book.)
*The Wolves of Time: Seekers at the Wulfrock - " " (not as cool as the first, but still alright)
*Call of the Wild -Jack London (been years since I've read it, but I remember liking it)
White Fang -Jack London
*The Plague Dogs -Richard Adams (Amazing again, can be slow at times, but still a good read. Also see the movie)
The Sight -David-Clement Davis (apparantly a great read)

Dragons
*Dragoncharm - Graham Edwards. In a world of practically only dragons, a really cool heartwarming and heartwrenching series.
*Dragonstorm - " "
*Dragonflame - " "
*The Last Dragonlord -Joanne Bertin (People and dragons... love, love, LOVE it!)
*Dragon and Phoenix - " "

Horses
*Traveller -Richard Adams (Amazing read, story about civil war in U.S.A told from the perspective of a Horse!! Loved it)
Black Beauty - don't remember reading it, probably have

Moles
Duncton Wood - William Horwood (The Duncton Chronicles)
Duncton Quest - " "
Duncton Found - " "
Duncton Tales - " " (The Book of Silence))
Duncton Rising - " "
Duncton Stone - " "

Rabbits
*Watership Down -Richard Adams (anything by him is awesome. Also see the movie of this.)
*Tales from Watership Down -Richard Adams
Cluffy
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: Guitar

furry books

Postby Cluffy » Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:36 pm

Wow... Thank you!

That list is amazing :wgrin:
Ganther
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: Snow Leopard

Re: furry books

Postby Ganther » Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:13 pm

Though I might post this if anyones interested,
I just finished reading a book called the Alchemasters Apprentice about a talking cat making a deal to allow himself to be killed, very morbid but not to be taken seriously.

I also got Breaking The Ice: Stories from the New Tibet. I'm working my way through the book but I must admit it really is rather depressing. All the characters have no hope and so far all of them have failed to escape their horrible lives. It's interesting though, written by furries and published by Sofawolf press.
Last edited by Guest on Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ganther
Newcomer
Newcomer

furry books

Postby Ganther » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:13 pm

Though I might post this if anyones interested,
I just finished reading a book called the Alchemasters Apprentice about a talking cat making a deal to allow himself to be killed, very morbid but not to be taken seriously.

I also got Breaking The Ice: Stories from the New Tibet. I'm working my way through the book but I must admit it really is rather depressing. All the characters have no hope and so far all of them have failed to escape their horrible lives. It's interesting though, written by furries and published by Sofawolf press.
pommie
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: Stoat

Postby pommie » Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:34 pm

I've just fallen in love with the work of Kyell Gold. In my opinion he is a stand-out in furry books. Great plot, great characters, great writing. Do recommend.
pommie
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: Stoat

furry books

Postby pommie » Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:34 am

I've just fallen in love with the work of Kyell Gold. In my opinion he is a stand-out in furry books. Great plot, great characters, great writing. Do recommend.
Ganther
Newcomer
Newcomer

Postby Ganther » Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:25 pm

I finished reading "A Whisper Of Wings" by Paul Kidd. IT IS AWSOME! Seriously though, it's a great book with interesting twists in the plot and an excellent fantasy novel. It's weird though, the characters are foxes but the animals that exist in the world are Australian. I wouldn't be surprised if the author was inspired by Aboriginal spirituality. Some of it seems even a little similar.