Your gear

All aspects of Music. From talking about your favourite band to the furry musicians in all of us.
Anti
Oldschool Furstralian
Oldschool Furstralian

Your gear

Postby Anti » Mon May 31, 2010 9:19 pm

My pedalboard, Korg Pitchblack, Digitech Bad Monkey (That i bought today) and Fulltone Ultimate Octave fuzz pedal. I'm still working on populating the board. I want to buy Reverb, Delay, Wah and an equalizer effect.
Cascade
Newcomer
Newcomer

Your gear

Postby Cascade » Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:03 pm

I have no pictures, but I have a Korg DS-10 port for my DS, and a Greg Bennett signature series Les Paul, black, no pickguard.
Emba~Lyn
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: Fox

Your gear

Postby Emba~Lyn » Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:07 pm

I got no pics just got a basic acoustic guitar i dunno how to play yet lol
and some dodgy microphones
Anti
Oldschool Furstralian
Oldschool Furstralian

Your gear

Postby Anti » Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:02 am

Pedal board almost finished. Still got a few pedals left to buy, but getting there!
Cluffy
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: Guitar

Your gear

Postby Cluffy » Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:27 am

Pedal board almost finished. Still got a few pedals left to buy, but getting there![/quote]
How's the sound of the big muff pi? I'm thinking of buying one, just not sure how versatile the thing is (I'm thinking everywhere from Muse to NIN).

And so that I'm not completely off-topic, I'll go take some shots of my rig later today. For now, here are my performance guitars.
Anti
Oldschool Furstralian
Oldschool Furstralian

Your gear

Postby Anti » Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:56 pm

Pedal board almost finished. Still got a few pedals left to buy, but getting there![/quote]
How's the sound of the big muff pi? I'm thinking of buying one, just not sure how versatile the thing is (I'm thinking everywhere from Muse to NIN).[/quote]
It is pretty versatile. It can pull off some pretty hot leads, and if you turn the volume down on your guitar just a touch, and maybe turn down Sustain control a little, you get some crunchier fuzz. I love some of it's quirks, like, as you turn Tone down, it cuts more and more treble until you reach 0, and it suddenly snaps to this awesome kinda crunchy fuzz sound, almost like a switch has been flicked.
All i can suggest is experiment, set up the amp as a clean tone you would like, and then mess with every knob on the pedal, and every knob and switch on your guitar.
Cluffy
Newcomer
Newcomer

Your gear

Postby Cluffy » Sun Aug 01, 2010 12:03 am

All i can suggest is experiment, set up the amp as a clean tone you would like, and then mess with every knob on the pedal, and every knob and switch on your guitar.[/quote]
I guess I'll have to raid Allans, later. I was messing with my Boss fuzz pedal, and my bedroom amp can't handle the low end :P

Thanks for that tip on the tone!
Buddah
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: Wolf

Your gear

Postby Buddah » Sun Aug 01, 2010 2:12 am

:lol: I'm in the market for a new amp and processor and experimenting with the guitars tones/volume knobs as well as all the processors effects and god knows what else will take forever to figure out what I like could take me days to decide. Frankly I haven't kept up to date with how processors are these days. My Korg has gone strong ever since I got it but it is on its last legs, hence why I want a fully brand new one, rather than a 2nd hand one. But that begs the question, what goes well with an old school 40th anniversary edition strat :lol:
Cluffy
Newcomer
Newcomer

Your gear

Postby Cluffy » Sun Aug 01, 2010 2:36 pm

My Korg has gone strong ever since I got it but it is on its last legs, hence why I want a fully brand new one, rather than a 2nd hand one. But that begs the question, what goes well with an old school 40th anniversary edition strat :lol:[/quote]
It all depends on your price range, and what kind of tones you want. If you're talking about multi-effects units, you tend to have to go expensive to get good quality tone, these days. I can probably help you more once I know how much you're able to spend.
Anti
Oldschool Furstralian
Oldschool Furstralian

Your gear

Postby Anti » Sun Aug 01, 2010 2:58 pm

:lol: I'm in the market for a new amp and processor and experimenting with the guitars tones/volume knobs as well as all the processors effects and god knows what else will take forever to figure out what I like could take me days to decide. Frankly I haven't kept up to date with how processors are these days. My Korg has gone strong ever since I got it but it is on its last legs, hence why I want a fully brand new one, rather than a 2nd hand one. But that begs the question, what goes well with an old school 40th anniversary edition strat :lol:[/quote]
All analogue tone!!!
Realistically though, if you're after a digital processor, TC Electronic make great effect processors which are quite expensive, the Vox Tonelab series is considerably more affordable, and apparently pretty good. Cheaper than that, you're starting to look at those Zoom processors, of which I am not a fan.