Songs that are special to you

All aspects of Music. From talking about your favourite band to the furry musicians in all of us.
Xenithion
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: Xenowolf

Re: Songs that are special to you

Postby Xenithion » Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:59 pm

Haha, a few other Nightwish fans here, excellent! My favourite band :P
Hmm, hard to pick a few... Lets see

Stamp on the ground - Italobrothers ~ Just bouncy and happy, gets me in a good mood :D
Carry me down - Demon Hunter ~ Sad song about death and still standing tall through it.
Broken Hearts Parade - Good Charlotte ~ Upbeat song to listen to loudly in the car
Separate Ways - Journey (Roland Grapow cover) ~ Song I listened to alot after a crashed relationship...

Of my Nightwish collection... Just about all the songs are special to me. But to pick a few;
Escapist
While your lips are still red
Reach

I have got quite a few.... But I must say, I do love my music :D
Xenithion
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: Xenowolf

Postby Xenithion » Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:59 pm

Haha, a few other Nightwish fans here, excellent! My favourite band :P
Hmm, hard to pick a few... Lets see

Stamp on the ground - Italobrothers ~ Just bouncy and happy, gets me in a good mood :D
Carry me down - Demon Hunter ~ Sad song about death and still standing tall through it.
Broken Hearts Parade - Good Charlotte ~ Upbeat song to listen to loudly in the car
Separate Ways - Journey (Roland Grapow cover) ~ Song I listened to alot after a crashed relationship...

Of my Nightwish collection... Just about all the songs are special to me. But to pick a few;
Escapist
While your lips are still red
Reach

I have got quite a few.... But I must say, I do love my music :D
Spiral
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: Ocelot (Pardalis Leopardus)

Postby Spiral » Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:35 am

[youtube]pzuJ-tywfEw[/youtube]

Reminds me of a very, very close friend.
Spiral
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: Ocelot (Pardalis Leopardus)

Postby Spiral » Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:35 am

pzuJ-tywfEw

Reminds me of a very, very close friend.
JC Coyote
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: Ring-tailed wolf x husky

Postby JC Coyote » Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:22 pm

Song or Suicide - HIM
When Love and Death Embrace - HIM
Wonderful - Everclear (cried and had to remove myself when I first heard it... we were doing work on families and had to analyse the song in class... brillliant)
Stirb Nicht Von Mir - Rammstein (reminds me of someone close to me)
Spade - Marilyn Manson
Cemetery Drive - My Chemical Romance (listened to it non-stop when I was in hospital)
JC Coyote
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: Ring-tailed wolf x husky

Postby JC Coyote » Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:22 pm

Song or Suicide - HIM
When Love and Death Embrace - HIM
Wonderful - Everclear (cried and had to remove myself when I first heard it... we were doing work on families and had to analyse the song in class... brillliant)
Stirb Nicht Von Mir - Rammstein (reminds me of someone close to me)
Spade - Marilyn Manson
Cemetery Drive - My Chemical Romance (listened to it non-stop when I was in hospital)
Efion
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: Fox

Postby Efion » Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:19 pm

Muscle Museum-Muse. Helped Me through a part of my life when I felt worthless, probably the most impoartant song to me.

Wings for Marie (Part 1) and 10,000 Days (Wings Part 2)-Tool. I Always cry when I hear these, and the scary part is nothing has happened that connects me directly with them, they're just really emotionally heavy songs.

Lateralus-Tool. I really think this is the best song ever written. It just excites me beyond belief every time I Hear it. If there is a musical heaven, at least for me, this song is it.

Knights of Cydonia-Muse. "Don't waste your time or Time will waste you". I try (And very. VERY Often, fail completely) to live by This. Amazing sounding song Too.

Sleep too Deep-Kurrel the Raven. Whenever I'm stressed, I turn the lights out, put my headphones on, lay down, and just listen to this. This song just takes you somewhere else, it's just an amazing experience.
Efion
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: Fox

Postby Efion » Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:19 pm

Muscle Museum-Muse. Helped Me through a part of my life when I felt worthless, probably the most impoartant song to me.

Wings for Marie (Part 1) and 10,000 Days (Wings Part 2)-Tool. I Always cry when I hear these, and the scary part is nothing has happened that connects me directly with them, they're just really emotionally heavy songs.

Lateralus-Tool. I really think this is the best song ever written. It just excites me beyond belief every time I Hear it. If there is a musical heaven, at least for me, this song is it.

Knights of Cydonia-Muse. "Don't waste your time or Time will waste you". I try (And very. VERY Often, fail completely) to live by This. Amazing sounding song Too.

Sleep too Deep-Kurrel the Raven. Whenever I'm stressed, I turn the lights out, put my headphones on, lay down, and just listen to this. This song just takes you somewhere else, it's just an amazing experience.
Salrith
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: Dragon

Postby Salrith » Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:56 am

Hrm. All songs are, to a degree.
Each one is linked to something. But truly special ones... hmm...

Probably...
  • Wings of Destiny - Rhapsody -- Took me four years to find it, since I only heard a MIDI version of it with no title or info. Eventually I found it though, thanks to some help. Has some personal things attached, probably because I spent so long wondering about it.
  • Shadow of the Moon - Blackmores Night -- memory of past.
  • Somewhere Only We Know - Keane -- just one of those songs. Not sure why I grew so attached to it, but it earned it's place, I suppose.
  • Too Many Times - Mental as Anything -- the song I most strongly associate with the Mentals. That's special, since I once got a personal interview with them, along with a fair few signed memorabilia! Never did get to publish it though, sadly...
  • Three Times a Lady - Lionel Ritchie -- mum's song. I know, I know, but family is family!
I can't think of any others that really mean all that much, apart from some instrumental ones. But oh well.

Still.. I've failed my anti-night-owl plan, so I'm going to go try and fix it with sleep.
Salrith
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: Dragon

Postby Salrith » Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:56 am

Hrm. All songs are, to a degree.
Each one is linked to something. But truly special ones... hmm...

Probably...

Wings of Destiny - Rhapsody -- Took me four years to find it, since I only heard a MIDI version of it with no title or info. Eventually I found it though, thanks to some help. Has some personal things attached, probably because I spent so long wondering about it.[/*:m]
Shadow of the Moon - Blackmores Night -- memory of past.[/*:m]
Somewhere Only We Know - Keane -- just one of those songs. Not sure why I grew so attached to it, but it earned it's place, I suppose.[/*:m]
Too Many Times - Mental as Anything -- the song I most strongly associate with the Mentals. That's special, since I once got a personal interview with them, along with a fair few signed memorabilia! Never did get to publish it though, sadly...[/*:m]
Three Times a Lady - Lionel Ritchie -- mum's song. I know, I know, but family is family![/*:m]

I can't think of any others that really mean all that much, apart from some instrumental ones. But oh well.

Still.. I've failed my anti-night-owl plan, so I'm going to go try and fix it with sleep.