Songs that are special to you

All aspects of Music. From talking about your favourite band to the furry musicians in all of us.
flare_the_dragon
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: Dingo

Re: Songs that are special to you

Postby flare_the_dragon » Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:32 pm

Clubbed To Death - Rob Dougan
This song fits all of my moods and always has. whether im happy, sad, having a DnM, angry, amped up or chilled out it will always suffice ^.=.^ first time i heard it was on the first Matrix flick :3

From Tinsletown to Boogiedown (Beatnuts remix) - Mos Def
This song was the song i landed my first decent skateboard trick in sydney city about 7 years back, and has remained my favourite cityskating theme to this day!

Cast No Stones - Dday One
This is a fair recent one, but cant stop loving it. Triggured a further interest into the musical styles of samplism, a well executed song which is beautifully layered and soothes the soul :D

There are loads more, thought id keep it as these three though...
flare_the_dragon
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: Dingo

Postby flare_the_dragon » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:32 pm

Clubbed To Death - Rob Dougan
This song fits all of my moods and always has. whether im happy, sad, having a DnM, angry, amped up or chilled out it will always suffice ^.=.^ first time i heard it was on the first Matrix flick :3

From Tinsletown to Boogiedown (Beatnuts remix) - Mos Def
This song was the song i landed my first decent skateboard trick in sydney city about 7 years back, and has remained my favourite cityskating theme to this day!

Cast No Stones - Dday One
This is a fair recent one, but cant stop loving it. Triggured a further interest into the musical styles of samplism, a well executed song which is beautifully layered and soothes the soul :D

There are loads more, thought id keep it as these three though...
Silver Fox
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: Wolfox

Postby Silver Fox » Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:56 pm

~ Disturbed: Remember
I'd consider this my personal theme as there are things I went through (years of heart surgery and hospitals) when I was younger but can't remember, and I'm glad that I don't.

~ Linkin Park: A Place for my Head
My family never used to get along very well with eachother, the yelling and screaming, all kinds of things would turn into a test of who was loudest and much of the time I could hear it even when I retreated and hid in my room.
This song's dedicated to all those times I've needed to escape and be alone, a place to rest and where I can relax knowing I don't have to hear it anymore.

~ Blind Guardian: Lionheart
I'm a strong person, but even the strongest person has things in my life I can't seem to overcome, difficulties that are both temporary and lasting as I try to become a stronger person.

~ Rom Di Prisco: Liquid Plasma and Saki Kaskas: Demo 3 (NFS4)
I'm a huge fan of racing games, and it all started when I played Need for Speed 4 for the first time (I have the first one as well, but it didn't impact as strongly as 4) and heard these songs I was gone.
From then on whenever I hear it I feel the mists of nostalgia cloud around me and all the memories that come with it. Not only awesome songs for a racing game, but an awesome songs in general even if one is only 30 sec long.

~ Hammerfall: In Memoriam
This will be the song played at my funeral. I know it's dark and macabre to think of it but in my situation it's something I've thought a lot about, I think it's a perfect song to send someone off with.

I have more, but I'd be here all night, so I'll just give you guys those ones.
AndersWolf
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: night wolf

Postby AndersWolf » Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:36 am

Opeth: Blackwater Park
the one song that i listened to that made me fall in love with music and metal. i first listened to this song 5 years ago and it still sounds as amazing as the first time i listened to it.

Dark Tranquillity: Mundane and the Magic
a song from my favorite band that helped me through my hard times and the lyrics sort of relate to the situation i was in, also the only song that has brought tears to my eyes.

Korpiklaani: Tequila
a song that will always make me happy no matter how down i am, korpiklaani's music has such an amazing energy, i love it :D
Valentine
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: Tiger - Bengal

Postby Valentine » Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:46 pm

2 songs that very recently became special to me are;
Is The World Strange? - The song is about wondering if the world is strange or if you're the strange one, because of restricting/changing your personality to fit in with people who don't understand the real you, but eventually accepting it.
&
We Just Wanna Talk - The song is mostly about how people are too scared to communicate with strangers nowadays because we might offend them.

Of course these are my opinions. Both are by Cosmo Jarvis btw :wgrin:
Valentine
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: Tiger - Bengal

Postby Valentine » Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:46 pm

2 songs that very recently became special to me are;
Is The World Strange? - The song is about wondering if the world is strange or if you're the strange one, because of restricting/changing your personality to fit in with people who don't understand the real you, but eventually accepting it.
&
We Just Wanna Talk - The song is mostly about how people are too scared to communicate with strangers nowadays because we might offend them.

Of course these are my opinions. Both are by Cosmo Jarvis btw :wgrin:
Huskyway
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: Husky

Postby Huskyway » Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:23 am

In a way, most songs I generally come back to had some impact on me. I am unable to understand people verbally (Meaning, if someone is singing, I usually can't make out what they are saying very easily.)

But there are some songs that almost, automatically make that fade away, and ironically they are songs that mean something to me.

Off the top of my head.

Power Trip - Chimaira. This song is moreso an expression of anger; anger I have towards I suppose in general, people that really disgust me.
I remember this song summed up EXACTLY how I felt when I was caught in a relationship where I was made to feel worthless, to be treated as nothing but, just a puppet. I would go home and listen to this song for hours, and hours, silently speaking the lyrics to myself as if they were directed at him. Of course there are many others that this song goes out towards from me personally.

Bored - Deftones. This song is self explanatory. When I find myself in a depressive and aggressive trance, I find that this song is soothing and fulfilling to me. Inside of me, I feel like I could thrash out, break everything in sight and just, destroy.
This song makes me feel like I am emulating that through the feeling emotive audio transmits.
But yeah, this song makes me resist wanting to break things out of sadness, anger and boredom. Low self esteem is in that mix as well.

Best of You - Foo Fighters. Okay come on, who hasn't broken down in tears when this song has played? Especially in hard times?
This song in general, just describes life. Ironically, this also describes the majority of my relationships. XD
But yeah, there are really not many songs that make me cry, but I cried like a newborn in water so many times to this song, it's a warm, lovely stab in the heart. Soothing too.

The Element of One - Killswitch Engage. Okay, now this will make me sound emo as hell, but this song has at times, been the hold on me stopping me from suicide. (Yes yes, teenage angst, I know.)
Resounding in the chorus, I would sing sadly "Keep, breathing." The song is well, I don't understand it well but it's just, melodically beautiful.
And I'm a sucker for that.

Televators - Mars Volta. Now this song is extracted from a concept album, one which I never understood the whole story of. However the melodies and the lyrics in this song, though it's in a way abstract to me, sends me into a warm trance, a soothing and beautiful trance.
A sad one but, an uplifting one at the same time.

Copernicus - Mars Volta. High school was horrible, a horrible time in life that I care not to reflect upon or experience again.
This song was the first song to come on my iPod as I left the campus; for those who have seen the Shawshank Redemption, if you remember the scene where he escapes, and he is in the rain stripping off his uniform screaming "YES!!!" Well, that was the soundtrack of that EXACT moment as soon as I walked out the campus, and yes! It was raining :P
And it just reminds me of how happy I was to be rid of those days.

New Low - Middle Class Rut. This song just sums up all the time I wasted in self pity, in depression and isolating myself out of a lack of motivation to just, live.
"I'm so busy doing nothing I've got, nothing to show."
Think about that line, surely it must relate to some of you too, right?

There are, more but.. I suppose I should just leave it at that, for now.
WhiteFell
Newcomer
Newcomer

Postby WhiteFell » Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:41 am

Moody Blues - Forever Autumn

Peter Schilling - The Different Story
Huskyway
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: Husky

Postby Huskyway » Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:23 am

In a way, most songs I generally come back to had some impact on me. I am unable to understand people verbally (Meaning, if someone is singing, I usually can't make out what they are saying very easily.)

But there are some songs that almost, automatically make that fade away, and ironically they are songs that mean something to me.

Off the top of my head.

Power Trip - Chimaira. This song is moreso an expression of anger; anger I have towards I suppose in general, people that really disgust me.
I remember this song summed up EXACTLY how I felt when I was caught in a relationship where I was made to feel worthless, to be treated as nothing but, just a puppet. I would go home and listen to this song for hours, and hours, silently speaking the lyrics to myself as if they were directed at him. Of course there are many others that this song goes out towards from me personally.

Bored - Deftones. This song is self explanatory. When I find myself in a depressive and aggressive trance, I find that this song is soothing and fulfilling to me. Inside of me, I feel like I could thrash out, break everything in sight and just, destroy.
This song makes me feel like I am emulating that through the feeling emotive audio transmits.
But yeah, this song makes me resist wanting to break things out of sadness, anger and boredom. Low self esteem is in that mix as well.

Best of You - Foo Fighters. Okay come on, who hasn't broken down in tears when this song has played? Especially in hard times?
This song in general, just describes life. Ironically, this also describes the majority of my relationships. XD
But yeah, there are really not many songs that make me cry, but I cried like a newborn in water so many times to this song, it's a warm, lovely stab in the heart. Soothing too.

The Element of One - Killswitch Engage. Okay, now this will make me sound emo as hell, but this song has at times, been the hold on me stopping me from suicide. (Yes yes, teenage angst, I know.)
Resounding in the chorus, I would sing sadly "Keep, breathing." The song is well, I don't understand it well but it's just, melodically beautiful.
And I'm a sucker for that.

Televators - Mars Volta. Now this song is extracted from a concept album, one which I never understood the whole story of. However the melodies and the lyrics in this song, though it's in a way abstract to me, sends me into a warm trance, a soothing and beautiful trance.
A sad one but, an uplifting one at the same time.

Copernicus - Mars Volta. High school was horrible, a horrible time in life that I care not to reflect upon or experience again.
This song was the first song to come on my iPod as I left the campus; for those who have seen the Shawshank Redemption, if you remember the scene where he escapes, and he is in the rain stripping off his uniform screaming "YES!!!" Well, that was the soundtrack of that EXACT moment as soon as I walked out the campus, and yes! It was raining :P
And it just reminds me of how happy I was to be rid of those days.

New Low - Middle Class Rut. This song just sums up all the time I wasted in self pity, in depression and isolating myself out of a lack of motivation to just, live.
"I'm so busy doing nothing I've got, nothing to show."
Think about that line, surely it must relate to some of you too, right?

There are, more but.. I suppose I should just leave it at that, for now.
WhiteFell
Newcomer
Newcomer

Postby WhiteFell » Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:41 am

Moody Blues - Forever Autumn

Peter Schilling - The Different Story