For all things furry!
kry
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: Lynx

Anti-furries

Postby kry » Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:51 pm

Not many, lol.

I suppose I'm not into yiff, but i'll accept it, and I don't mind it existing.
Chrys
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: Civet X Jungle Cat

Anti-furries

Postby Chrys » Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:52 pm

Bsaically everyone that isn't into the weird stuff hates it...[/quote]
Isn't it the same world over?[/quote]

There are some tolerant people who don't mind it existing.[/quote]

Yes, some, but people will always fear what seems to threaten their way of life. With furries it is that which gives them a bad name.
Joey
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: Coonfox

Anti-furries

Postby Joey » Fri Aug 28, 2009 5:08 pm

How does the existence of cub furs (for example) threaten someones way of life?
Chrys
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: Civet X Jungle Cat

Anti-furries

Postby Chrys » Fri Aug 28, 2009 5:19 pm

I'm really that up for explinations but I suppose its that they fear such things may spread negative conotations that bring down everyone or maybe there are people who like to live in bubbles and not see whats going on. there's lots of reasons to think that way, not all of them justified. Its same as people who are racist or homophobic they fear difference because, well, I don't really know why...
kry
Newcomer
Newcomer

Anti-furries

Postby kry » Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:16 pm

How does the existence of cub furs (for example) threaten someones way of life?[/quote]

Yeah lol, bit of an exaggeration...
Dimruthien
Furstralian Fanatic
Furstralian Fanatic

Anti-furries

Postby Dimruthien » Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:19 am

How does the existence of cub furs (for example) threaten someones way of life?[/quote]

Yeah lol, bit of an exaggeration...[/quote]
I kind of disagree, actually. The presence of some of the darker sides of the fandom are often focused on by the media and "mundanes". Therefore, we end up with those epic stereotypes that make everyone think all furries are disgusting perverts who have sex with their pet cat. See where I'm going with this?
FuzziBear
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: Panda

Anti-furries

Postby FuzziBear » Sat Aug 29, 2009 3:08 am

Yeah lol, bit of an exaggeration...[/quote]
I kind of disagree, actually. The presence of some of the darker sides of the fandom are often focused on by the media and "mundanes". Therefore, we end up with those epic stereotypes that make everyone think all furries are disgusting perverts who have sex with their pet cat. See where I'm going with this?[/quote]
and this is why i hate certain parts of the fandom... its fine to do something to affect your own reputation, but as soon as you start effecting the reputation of an entire group, then you need to take a step back and think how selfish it really is.
kry
Newcomer
Newcomer

Anti-furries

Postby kry » Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:28 am

Yeah, like that guy that had CP on his computer...

It didn't need to come up, but every news report brough up that he was a furry, and that the fandom was ok with his interests...
Daz
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: Canine

Re: Anti-furries

Postby Daz » Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:13 am

There are always going to be stereotypes, whether it national or a social cliche', there is always going to be someone who spoils it, and as different as we all are.

Do not fear this stereotype label and deny your involvment, just happily say "This is what you are like" and prove their medial stereotype wrong, once they see through that, it will be different.
Daz
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: Canine

Anti-furries

Postby Daz » Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:13 am

There are always going to be stereotypes, whether it national or a social cliche', there is always going to be someone who spoils it, and as different as we all are.

Do not fear this stereotype label and deny your involvment, just happily say "This is what you are like" and prove their medial stereotype wrong, once they see through that, it will be different.