Analytical Mentality

For all things furry!
Jacora
Super Furstralian
Super Furstralian
Species: Taiekin - fox cross gryphon

Re: Analytical Mentality

Postby Jacora » Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:27 pm

Xenithion wrote:I plan on taking up Sociology when I get to uni, because that really can feed the hunger for knowledge of the way people work, and this whole mentality; embrace it.
Cheers :P
hell if i had the chance to do s i guess i would but yea outta school with a shit UAI so where can i go?
Fala wrote:Silencing your mind can be a challenge though, so give it some time.
wish i knew now i think it may be destroying my relationship.... it hurts when i try have a peaceful moment and i see something wrong and i try figure it out other than try be comforting.
Sarketch wrote:but that's what makes us human. Imperfections. You can start thinking about why, but you'll never come to a good answer.
yea damn straight sarkeh it sucks hard not knowing but that is life
DragonFlip wrote:Beware of reading into MSN, any text only mediums are a very poor form of communication, the majority of communication is done through body language, i.e. facial movements, body positioning, tone of voice etc. Text simply does not convey this (unless very descriptive) no matter how many emoticons you throw at it, or the way in which they type. You are far more likely to interpret something incorrectly online even if you know someone well over not knowing someone at all but talking to them in real life.
Well i dont know how to explain it but i just see it all differently everything plays its own part in telling a story, a picture tells a thousand words, where as a few words can paint a picture, its implausible but it has a well seated definition a sentence or 2 as sarketch said can tell you alot about a person it works along those same lines yet its harder to do so without seig a person face to face, and here is where my rambling once again begins...

typos can be seen just as typos but when you know a the way in which a person types different imperfections can mean different situation, as is said if they are really descriptive in their typing a drop tells you something may be on their mind , if they usually have the odd typo here and there if there is a uptake in the level of typos it can be sen as anger as a heavier unguided finger stroke usually leads to typos, it is i do swear extremely hard to draw upon how or what my mind dwells upon therefore it leads to self conflicts therefore causing me to at times bring aggression upon myself.

All in all i guess i just need to take time to find my switch as to block the process but i guess with the help of others alike it might be easier ^^
Xenithion
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: Xenowolf

Postby Xenithion » Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:03 pm

Haha, kinda sounds like you should have a job like Dr. Cal Lightman from Lie to Me, or the Mentalist guy, with your attention and way of picking up even the smallest things :D
Jacora
Super Furstralian
Super Furstralian

Postby Jacora » Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:12 pm

haha who knows? i do know i used to be a counselor to many a friend and even saved some from suicide >.> tis good but also the memories do hurt
Jacora
Super Furstralian
Super Furstralian

Analytical Mentality

Postby Jacora » Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:27 pm

I plan on taking up Sociology when I get to uni, because that really can feed the hunger for knowledge of the way people work, and this whole mentality; embrace it.
Cheers :P[/quote]

hell if i had the chance to do s i guess i would but yea outta school with a shit UAI so where can i go?

Silencing your mind can be a challenge though, so give it some time.[/quote]

wish i knew now i think it may be destroying my relationship.... it hurts when i try have a peaceful moment and i see something wrong and i try figure it out other than try be comforting.
but that's what makes us human. Imperfections. You can start thinking about why, but you'll never come to a good answer.[/quote]

yea damn straight sarkeh it sucks hard not knowing but that is life

Beware of reading into MSN, any text only mediums are a very poor form of communication, the majority of communication is done through body language, i.e. facial movements, body positioning, tone of voice etc. Text simply does not convey this (unless very descriptive) no matter how many emoticons you throw at it, or the way in which they type. You are far more likely to interpret something incorrectly online even if you know someone well over not knowing someone at all but talking to them in real life.[/quote]

Well i dont know how to explain it but i just see it all differently everything plays its own part in telling a story, a picture tells a thousand words, where as a few words can paint a picture, its implausible but it has a well seated definition a sentence or 2 as sarketch said can tell you alot about a person it works along those same lines yet its harder to do so without seig a person face to face, and here is where my rambling once again begins...

typos can be seen just as typos but when you know a the way in which a person types different imperfections can mean different situation, as is said if they are really descriptive in their typing a drop tells you something may be on their mind , if they usually have the odd typo here and there if there is a uptake in the level of typos it can be sen as anger as a heavier unguided finger stroke usually leads to typos, it is i do swear extremely hard to draw upon how or what my mind dwells upon therefore it leads to self conflicts therefore causing me to at times bring aggression upon myself.

All in all i guess i just need to take time to find my switch as to block the process but i guess with the help of others alike it might be easier ^^
Xenithion
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: Xenowolf

Analytical Mentality

Postby Xenithion » Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:03 pm

Haha, kinda sounds like you should have a job like Dr. Cal Lightman from Lie to Me, or the Mentalist guy, with your attention and way of picking up even the smallest things :D
Cluffy
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: Guitar

Postby Cluffy » Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:09 pm

My honest opinion, having learned to master that particular aspect of my mental operations, is that you're reading way too deep into things, Jacora.

DragonFlip was right with not looking into text. You can claim to know individuals, sure, but always remember that anything could change. A picture depicts a thousand words, but a few words only paint the vaguest of outlines.

Sarketch is quite right (in my opinion) in saying that you'll have to come to terms with humans being erratic. Analyzing everything is a nice thing to be able to do, but more often than not you'll actually get it wrong without ever having the chance to realise it. You've got to be able to learn to accept things for what they are, because the only way to build an accurate picture is to go from the ground up. Taking a running start will only make you trip.

In terms of learning to control it... That just takes time. Learn to accept things at face value, and make a conscious effort to clamp down on analytical thought where it is not required. It takes effort and time to build the habit, but eventually you'll be able to switch from consciously stopping to simply ignoring the thought processes.
Jacora
Super Furstralian
Super Furstralian

Analytical Mentality

Postby Jacora » Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:12 pm

haha who knows? i do know i used to be a counselor to many a friend and even saved some from suicide >.> tis good but also the memories do hurt
Cluffy
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: Guitar

Analytical Mentality

Postby Cluffy » Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:09 pm

My honest opinion, having learned to master that particular aspect of my mental operations, is that you're reading way too deep into things, Jacora.

DragonFlip was right with not looking into text. You can claim to know individuals, sure, but always remember that anything could change. A picture depicts a thousand words, but a few words only paint the vaguest of outlines.

Sarketch is quite right (in my opinion) in saying that you'll have to come to terms with humans being erratic. Analyzing everything is a nice thing to be able to do, but more often than not you'll actually get it wrong without ever having the chance to realise it. You've got to be able to learn to accept things for what they are, because the only way to build an accurate picture is to go from the ground up. Taking a running start will only make you trip.

In terms of learning to control it... That just takes time. Learn to accept things at face value, and make a conscious effort to clamp down on analytical thought where it is not required. It takes effort and time to build the habit, but eventually you'll be able to switch from consciously stopping to simply ignoring the thought processes.
Jacora
Super Furstralian
Super Furstralian

Postby Jacora » Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:10 pm

i get where ya coming from Cluffy and yea i know its a bad idea to try but i dont try it just happens i really have no leash on it and need to see about finding one
Jacora
Super Furstralian
Super Furstralian

Analytical Mentality

Postby Jacora » Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:10 pm

i get where ya coming from Cluffy and yea i know its a bad idea to try but i dont try it just happens i really have no leash on it and need to see about finding one