Analytical Mentality

For all things furry!
Fala
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: Dragon

Re: Analytical Mentality

Postby Fala » Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:08 am

Jacora wrote:haha who knows? i do know i used to be a counselor to many a friend and even saved some from suicide >.> tis good but also the memories do hurt
It's not a profession for everyone, but your degree of observation could certainly be a great asset in lines of work revolving around the behavioural/social sciences.
Jacora wrote:Fala wrote:
Silencing your mind can be a challenge though, so give it some time.

wish i knew now i think it may be destroying my relationship.... it hurts when i try have a peaceful moment and i see something wrong and i try figure it out other than try be comforting.
Sounds like your motivation for bringing this up now is due to your concerns regarding your relationship, yeah? An overly analytical mind can certainly be a hinderance there. While learning to fully switch off that part of you, it might be worthwhile to make silencing it with your partner your first priority. When in a situation where you don't want to be distracted by analytical thoughts, make a mental note of what you think might be wrong but try to put it in the back of your mind for later. Hopefully then your efforts to comfort won't be so easily distracted.
Fala
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: Dragon

Analytical Mentality

Postby Fala » Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:08 am

haha who knows? i do know i used to be a counselor to many a friend and even saved some from suicide >.> tis good but also the memories do hurt[/quote]

It's not a profession for everyone, but your degree of observation could certainly be a great asset in lines of work revolving around the behavioural/social sciences.

Fala wrote:
Silencing your mind can be a challenge though, so give it some time.

wish i knew now i think it may be destroying my relationship.... it hurts when i try have a peaceful moment and i see something wrong and i try figure it out other than try be comforting.[/quote]

Sounds like your motivation for bringing this up now is due to your concerns regarding your relationship, yeah? An overly analytical mind can certainly be a hinderance there. While learning to fully switch off that part of you, it might be worthwhile to make silencing it with your partner your first priority. When in a situation where you don't want to be distracted by analytical thoughts, make a mental note of what you think might be wrong but try to put it in the back of your mind for later. Hopefully then your efforts to comfort won't be so easily distracted.
Mojo
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: Agra-Nu-Tagresh

Postby Mojo » Sun Feb 14, 2010 3:00 pm

I'm quite like yourself, though I have different aspects to me, my analysations aren't extremely critical and I don't make extremely strong bonds. You don't have it so bad, at least you have the positive aspects to it, I'd focus on those, and learn to live with the bad bits.
Mojo
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: Agra-Nu-Tagresh

Analytical Mentality

Postby Mojo » Sun Feb 14, 2010 4:00 pm

I'm quite like yourself, though I have different aspects to me, my analysations aren't extremely critical and I don't make extremely strong bonds. You don't have it so bad, at least you have the positive aspects to it, I'd focus on those, and learn to live with the bad bits.
blackfoxx
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: fox

Postby blackfoxx » Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:07 pm

lol just observing how ppl react to things is somewhat fasinating. how you can munipulate ppl by the power of suggestion its a lot of fun. i cant tell if ppl are lieing by looking at them but i can useally make them tell me the truth with out asking direcly. but yes i see i your case as to how it could be somewhat seen as a burden.
blackfoxx
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: fox

Analytical Mentality

Postby blackfoxx » Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:07 pm

lol just observing how ppl react to things is somewhat fasinating. how you can munipulate ppl by the power of suggestion its a lot of fun. i cant tell if ppl are lieing by looking at them but i can useally make them tell me the truth with out asking direcly. but yes i see i your case as to how it could be somewhat seen as a burden.
SegwayRulz
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: ninetales (nine tailed blonde fox)

Postby SegwayRulz » Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:11 pm

personally I do everything on a weighted balance, mostly whether something will turn out good for me in the long term. neutral style 8)
SegwayRulz
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: ninetales (nine tailed blonde fox)

Analytical Mentality

Postby SegwayRulz » Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:11 pm

personally I do everything on a weighted balance, mostly whether something will turn out good for me in the long term. neutral style 8)
Daz
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: Canine

Postby Daz » Sat Jan 15, 2011 2:08 pm

I just enjoy studying human and animal behaviour and seeing the similarities.
Daz
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: Canine

Analytical Mentality

Postby Daz » Sat Jan 15, 2011 3:08 pm

I just enjoy studying human and animal behaviour and seeing the similarities.