Analytical Mentality

For all things furry!
Tiikerien_Hitsuji
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: Siberian Tiger/Husky hybrid

Re: Analytical Mentality

Postby Tiikerien_Hitsuji » Sat Jan 15, 2011 6:01 pm

I was like that most of the way through high school, and still am like that to a degree.
Ultimately, I forced myself out of my comfort zone, talking to people with no plan and no way of knowing where the conversation will go. Working in a shopping centre seems to help a bit too. I've had some success in turning off, or at least turning down, my use of analysis on everything and everyone, but I still do it in online conversations where possible, learning how a person behaves when in certain moods, etc. In an attempt to better understand the peoplez :P
People are facinating, but often far too complicated to analyse all the time while having time for things like eating and sleeping
Tiikerien_Hitsuji
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: Siberian Tiger/Husky hybrid

Analytical Mentality

Postby Tiikerien_Hitsuji » Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:01 pm

I was like that most of the way through high school, and still am like that to a degree.
Ultimately, I forced myself out of my comfort zone, talking to people with no plan and no way of knowing where the conversation will go. Working in a shopping centre seems to help a bit too. I've had some success in turning off, or at least turning down, my use of analysis on everything and everyone, but I still do it in online conversations where possible, learning how a person behaves when in certain moods, etc. In an attempt to better understand the peoplez :P
People are facinating, but often far too complicated to analyse all the time while having time for things like eating and sleeping
Jacora
Super Furstralian
Super Furstralian
Species: Taiekin - fox cross gryphon

Postby Jacora » Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:35 pm

toyea i know eh? i've learnt to turn it nearly off more i try avoid letting it happen therefore letting things jsut be fun n awesome, it still happens from time to time but yea its toned down a lot
Jacora
Super Furstralian
Super Furstralian
Species: Taiekin - fox cross gryphon

Analytical Mentality

Postby Jacora » Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:35 pm

toyea i know eh? i've learnt to turn it nearly off more i try avoid letting it happen therefore letting things jsut be fun n awesome, it still happens from time to time but yea its toned down a lot
Mojo
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: Agra-Nu-Tagresh

Postby Mojo » Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:25 pm

Jacora wrote:toyea i know eh? i've learnt to turn it nearly off more i try avoid letting it happen therefore letting things jsut be fun n awesome, it still happens from time to time but yea its toned down a lot
There's nothin wrong with actually thinking of how something could be better, but, by the sounds of things, your criticalness wasn't at a good level... Glad to hear things have toned down though, and true, just -enjoy- the fun times that you have, because, really, as long as one is happy and having fun, nothing wrong with that, now, is there?
Mojo
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: Agra-Nu-Tagresh

Analytical Mentality

Postby Mojo » Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:25 pm

toyea i know eh? i've learnt to turn it nearly off more i try avoid letting it happen therefore letting things jsut be fun n awesome, it still happens from time to time but yea its toned down a lot[/quote]

There's nothin wrong with actually thinking of how something could be better, but, by the sounds of things, your criticalness wasn't at a good level... Glad to hear things have toned down though, and true, just -enjoy- the fun times that you have, because, really, as long as one is happy and having fun, nothing wrong with that, now, is there?