Hmmm...

For all things furry!
Toraneko
Newcomer
Newcomer

Hmmm...

Postby Toraneko » Tue May 31, 2011 1:29 pm

Oh my god... Furry is a glorified hobby. It's not like coming out that you're gay, or into tentacles or anything. First and foremost, it is a hobby / interest. It's exactly the same as the anime community. Even if you are a fursuiter, you don't need your parents blessing to put on a cosplay outfit, so why would you need it when putting on a fursuit.

If you INSIST on making a big deal about 'coming out' as a furry, then you need to weigh the personal benefits you gain from telling people, whether a relationship between the two parties is strengthened or possibly worsened. If it is worsened, then I highly suggest you keep it to yourself (if your parents are CSI fans or lurkers on /bee/, this is the most profitable option). It's not like hiding the fact you killed a freakin cat. 'Hiding' the fact you are a furry is the equivelant of hiding the fact you love turtles.

I seriously don't know what's the big deal.

It's a hobby. TREAT IT LIKE ONE. The bigger deal you make of it the more stupid and serious it sounds. Call it an art convention if you want, or a themed anime convention.[/quote]
This this, forever this.

Also http://forums.furaffinity.net/threads/6 ... t-AS-FURRY!
Daz
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: Canine

Hmmm...

Postby Daz » Tue May 31, 2011 2:06 pm

Oh my god... Furry is a glorified hobby. It's not like coming out that you're gay, or into tentacles or anything. First and foremost, it is a hobby / interest. It's exactly the same as the anime community. Even if you are a fursuiter, you don't need your parents blessing to put on a cosplay outfit, so why would you need it when putting on a fursuit.

If you INSIST on making a big deal about 'coming out' as a furry, then you need to weigh the personal benefits you gain from telling people, whether a relationship between the two parties is strengthened or possibly worsened. If it is worsened, then I highly suggest you keep it to yourself (if your parents are CSI fans or lurkers on /bee/, this is the most profitable option). It's not like hiding the fact you killed a freakin cat. 'Hiding' the fact you are a furry is the equivelant of hiding the fact you love turtles.

It's a hobby. TREAT IT LIKE ONE. The bigger deal you make of it the more stupid and serious it sounds. Call it an art convention if you want, or a themed anime convention.[/quote]

And the best post on the forums goes to!....
Foxdale
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: Fox

Hmmm...

Postby Foxdale » Tue May 31, 2011 4:55 pm

I <3 U
flare_the_dragon
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: Dingo

Hmmm...

Postby flare_the_dragon » Tue May 31, 2011 11:39 pm

haha i love you sarktang,100% agree. theres no point to it in the slightest.
babykittenboi
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: Kitten

Hmmm...

Postby babykittenboi » Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:01 pm

Thanks for all the replies guys!

@ foxtailedcritter... If he doesnt understand what something's about he thinks its weird...
KeioWolf
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: Wolf

Hmmm...

Postby KeioWolf » Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:44 pm

If he doesnt understand what something's about he thinks its weird...[/quote]
thats why (if you do decide to tell him) you use terms that he can understand...
Uncle Kage covers that very well in this panel: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2DSc8GHl5g (Presenting the fandom to the public)
If you havn't seen it, its a good one to watch