Enhanced Senses - Gift or Curse?

For all things furry!
Deadly-Bagel
Furstralian
Furstralian

Re: Enhanced Senses - Gift or Curse?

Postby Deadly-Bagel » Fri Dec 21, 2007 4:11 pm

You know, I've always thought I was borderline autistic. When I was young I had only a few friends, most of them very shy. I couldn't talk to people I didn't know, barely even look at them, and even those I did I mainly just played games with little communication.

I think I'm a little obsessive compulsive too...I can make a perfect circle using a disc sander. Which is, you know, a flat sheet of sandpaper that spins around on a machine.

In fact...I find it very hard NOT to make everything perfect. Even now I'm going back and fixing all my spelling errors, no matter how small and insignificant they are. Crooked pictures bug me...I just...have to fix them...><

Explains my perception too. I watched two movies yesterday and found at least two continuity errors in both of them. Mum kept telling me to shut up =P

Although I'm not to the point where everything must be perfect. My desk is quite messy. I rest my case ;)

Although it's an ordered mess....o _ O
Deadly-Bagel
Furstralian
Furstralian

Postby Deadly-Bagel » Fri Dec 21, 2007 5:11 pm

You know, I've always thought I was borderline autistic. When I was young I had only a few friends, most of them very shy. I couldn't talk to people I didn't know, barely even look at them, and even those I did I mainly just played games with little communication.

I think I'm a little obsessive compulsive too...I can make a perfect circle using a disc sander. Which is, you know, a flat sheet of sandpaper that spins around on a machine.

In fact...I find it very hard NOT to make everything perfect. Even now I'm going back and fixing all my spelling errors, no matter how small and insignificant they are. Crooked pictures bug me...I just...have to fix them...><

Explains my perception too. I watched two movies yesterday and found at least two continuity errors in both of them. Mum kept telling me to shut up =P

Although I'm not to the point where everything must be perfect. My desk is quite messy. I rest my case ;)

Although it's an ordered mess....o _ O
michaelreay
Furstralian
Furstralian
Species: Werewolf

Postby michaelreay » Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:36 pm

My little brother came back from the easter show with one of those globes where if you touch it the electricity goes to your finger and your hair stands up, and every time he turned it on it felt like someone was whistleing in my ears and giving me a headache, it mysteriously dissapeared yesterday only to be found in pieces on the train tracks. :)
g foxeye
Oldschool Furstralian
Oldschool Furstralian
Species: grey fox

Postby g foxeye » Fri Apr 11, 2008 9:40 am

i have actually taken hearing comparisons with animals and well my hearing is way beyond the "normal" human in both directions ,i can hear lower sounds then dogs, and i get driven senseless by the whistles people use on them any other furs out there who can also here them... i feel your pain

the other thing is my sight i have never been out done (im not bragging) in my life for my sight either in long distance detail or "night vision" its quite fun sometimes but i can still be blinded by the smallest amout of light :shock:

compared to most of my senses my sense of smell is pretty bad but then everyone has to have a weak point some were :(

i think my best sense is probably my sense of feeling i can feel anything with or without anispheteic (i hated geting stitches) although i can feel pain i tend to ignore it though (lol the most annoying thing is mossies i can feel them land on me and i can feel my blood being sucked out)

save the fox!!!
Taluthus
Contributer
Contributer
Species: Kitsune

Postby Taluthus » Sat May 24, 2008 6:27 pm

I share the woes of the high frequency hearing sensitivity.. Computers are of particular annoyance, because i can her the electrical squeals and squeaks that they make just operating.. And whenever you move the mouse or open a new window or something.. if its quiet i can hear that... also, transformers, My LCD TV, thats one that really shits me sometimes.. allthough again you only notice these things without ambient noise, so my fix for all you people out there who cant stand high pitch frequencies.. Put on some music.. it doesnt have to be loud, just something soft, and melodious even, backround ambience.. And youll feel a lot more relaxed and feeling better off. I hope this is of any help to someone!

Taluthus
Vulpyra
Oldschool Furstralian
Oldschool Furstralian

Postby Vulpyra » Mon May 26, 2008 2:12 pm

Apparently I have hearing that's a few years behind in degredation, meaning I have the same hearing ability as someone a several years younger than me.
Jacora
Super Furstralian
Super Furstralian
Species: Taiekin - fox cross gryphon

Postby Jacora » Tue May 27, 2008 2:31 pm

Alright well reading this i found that many suffer from the noise problems, i go nuts at high frequencies and it Popcorn and Pretzels me off when i am watching tv and its quiet and all i can hear is the high pitched squeal, its even worse when playing my ps2 on 60Khs mode the noise is always evident x.x, when trying to sleep i usually have to listen to my mp3 player as the slightest noise is amplified and i lock on to any ambient noise and can not sleep unless i listen to my mp3.

as for sight, my night vision is good much better than most of my friends at school as i can run around the street on a pitch black night with sunglasses on and see perfectly, and yes bright lights cause me to be blinded ever so easily such a pitfall i have to stand blinking and twitching until my eyes can hopefully adjust to the brightness. and also i can see a 6 mm hole in a shooting target from 50 meters away without binoculars.

as for touch i do feel mozzies land and bite me if i am paying attention and well i have a weird ability of being able to feel the warmth from someones body from around 30 cm away which freaks me out at times.

and smell is good when not bad as i usually always have a blocked nose x.x
Pye
Furstralian Fanatic
Furstralian Fanatic
Species: Wolf

Postby Pye » Tue May 27, 2008 6:03 pm

Riiight well, since everyone else seems to have special powers I'll post mine.

I've got bad vision that I believe is getting worse to the point where I can't see what I'm typing on the screen half a metre away so I wear glasses for it and when I have my glasses on I can see well, that's the first one. My hearing isn't too bad but obviously it degrades with age and playing loud music into my ears on top of that probably doesn't help but I can still hear that high pitched ringing when I'm near a TV, computer etc so maybe it's nothing special, sometimes this louder ringing happens when I'm just out and about and I go deaf in the ear except for the ringing sound, only last 10 seconds or so then it goes away so I must be special.

I get a weird tingly sensation on the bridge of my nose when someone is close by, but they have to be very close, so that's useless. Hm what other pointless attributes can I brag about, oh how about sometimes in the right conditions if I rub my feet on the carpet my hands tingle then I can zap people with my electric superhuman powers. That's enhanced.
"I have seen the moment of my greatness flicker, and I have seen the eternal footman hold my coat and snicker and in short, I was afraid."

- T.S. Eliot
Jacora
Super Furstralian
Super Furstralian
Species: Taiekin - fox cross gryphon

Postby Jacora » Tue May 27, 2008 9:38 pm

Riiight well, since everyone else seems to have special powers I'll post mine.
Hm what other pointless attributes can I brag about, oh how about sometimes in the right conditions if I rub my feet on the carpet my hands tingle then I can zap people with my electric superhuman powers. That's enhanced.[/quote]

haha thats pretty fun *steps back a little* but i do not wanna be a fuzz ball from ur static attacks
g foxeye
Oldschool Furstralian
Oldschool Furstralian
Species: grey fox

Postby g foxeye » Wed May 28, 2008 3:31 pm

i dont have to stand back...
im already a fuzz balll...
(also thats fun try sneakers on sand concrete)