Enhanced Senses - Gift or Curse?

For all things furry!
pommie
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: Stoat

Re: Enhanced Senses - Gift or Curse?

Postby pommie » Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:46 pm

I have probably too much caffeine than is healthy, but I find I actually have quite poor senses :P
I know my vision is sub-standard, as is my hearing, so I don't have the sprt of problems as detailed by others above :D
pommie
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: Stoat

Postby pommie » Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:46 pm

I have probably too much caffeine than is healthy, but I find I actually have quite poor senses :P
I know my vision is sub-standard, as is my hearing, so I don't have the sprt of problems as detailed by others above :D
topher
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: White Tiger yo!

Postby topher » Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:44 am

Sebastian wrote:. Apparently this problem with bright light is due to being dyslexic, but I haven't been able to find the reason for that.
dyslexic lol isnt that the thingo where you cant spell?
topher
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: White Tiger yo!

Postby topher » Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:44 am

. Apparently this problem with bright light is due to being dyslexic, but I haven't been able to find the reason for that.[/quote]
dyslexic lol isnt that the thingo where you cant spell?
UnderDrag
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: Dragon

Postby UnderDrag » Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:51 pm

The reason I hear it is due to the way my mind perceives the world.
My brain is wired differently (I actually have a medical diagnosis to back this up) than most (i.e about like 1-3% of the population has what I do) which results in my being able to perceive stuff others don't (including what this thread is about, but also allows me to consider alternative others don't think of). However, as an unfortunate tradeoff, I miss things others pick up with relative ease, though I am working through this problem.

Another thing I have is a hell of a lot of 'floaters'. For those unaware of these things, what they are is slight differences in the fluid in the eye, which your brain is not accustomed to seeing. The result is shapes drifting across your field of view. Look it up on wiki.

And as for the caffeine, it has nothing to do with my senses. Unless their dulled from lack of sleep. Then I have a quick meeting with a black coffee with two sugars. It makes me happy!

Coffee is the liquid of life!
UnderDrag
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: Dragon

Postby UnderDrag » Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:51 pm

The reason I hear it is due to the way my mind perceives the world.
My brain is wired differently (I actually have a medical diagnosis to back this up) than most (i.e about like 1-3% of the population has what I do) which results in my being able to perceive stuff others don't (including what this thread is about, but also allows me to consider alternative others don't think of). However, as an unfortunate tradeoff, I miss things others pick up with relative ease, though I am working through this problem.

Another thing I have is a hell of a lot of 'floaters'. For those unaware of these things, what they are is slight differences in the fluid in the eye, which your brain is not accustomed to seeing. The result is shapes drifting across your field of view. Look it up on wiki.

And as for the caffeine, it has nothing to do with my senses. Unless their dulled from lack of sleep. Then I have a quick meeting with a black coffee with two sugars. It makes me happy!

Coffee is the liquid of life!
glyph
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: Fox

Postby glyph » Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:53 pm

I have been told by many, including all the optomitists that I've seen that I have fantastic vision. It's really something that I've noticed, until some friends and I started comparing. Things like how far from a sign we had to stand before we could read it etc, and God my eye's are brilliant :D

Definity couldn't say that it's much of a curse, expect that they do tend to be a very sensitive to sunlight, hasn't been too much of an issue here in England but when I was in Brisbane, and once again when I get back, the bright sunlight does a real number on me... to make matters worse I have the worse case of bad luck with sunglasses, their always getting lost/dropped/sat on etc, so I'm always needing to get more because I really do need them to see easily in the bright daylight.
glyph
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: Fox

Postby glyph » Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:53 pm

I have been told by many, including all the optomitists that I've seen that I have fantastic vision. It's really something that I've noticed, until some friends and I started comparing. Things like how far from a sign we had to stand before we could read it etc, and God my eye's are brilliant :D

Definity couldn't say that it's much of a curse, expect that they do tend to be a very sensitive to sunlight, hasn't been too much of an issue here in England but when I was in Brisbane, and once again when I get back, the bright sunlight does a real number on me... to make matters worse I have the worse case of bad luck with sunglasses, their always getting lost/dropped/sat on etc, so I'm always needing to get more because I really do need them to see easily in the bright daylight.
Daz
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: Canine

Postby Daz » Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:54 pm

topher wrote:i can hear pudding

Sorry, I ate it. :wp:
Daz
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: Canine

Postby Daz » Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:03 pm

I also think that your body builds up a setting on it's sensory limits, it may hurt at first, but your body eventually tunes out from it.

I myself can easily work in bright weather that would make your eyes hurt at first and listening to high pitched sqeauling of a air-pressure hose and the loud rumblings of a large diesel compressor, and if I were to walk around the house at night, I can easily see and hear everything, your senses just need time to adjust to it.

P.S - I can easily hear sounds, but understanding what people say is a completely different story.
Last edited by Guest on Fri May 27, 2011 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.