i can hear pudding[/quote]

Sorry, I ate it. :wp:
Daz
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: Canine

Enhanced Senses - Gift or Curse?

Postby Daz » Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:03 pm

I also think that your body builds up a setting on it's sensory limits, it may hurt at first, but your body eventually tunes out from it.

I myself can easily work in bright weather that would make your eyes hurt at first and listening to high pitched sqeauling of a air-pressure hose and the loud rumblings of a large diesel compressor, and if I were to walk around the house at night, I can easily see and hear everything, your senses just need time to adjust to it.

P.S - I can easily hear sounds, but understanding what people say is a completely different story.
Tweak
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: Blue Folfsky

Postby Tweak » Fri May 27, 2011 9:26 am

I was told I had sensitive hearing when I was a child (That may be gone now since I work on a big loud machine :P) and I can't stand when someone leaves a TV on standby. The high pitched noise drives me nuts! I used to get up in the middle of class and turn off what looked like a TV that was already off. The whole class would stare at me and I would have to tell the teacher what I was doing. Eventually my class mates understood what I was doing. I also have an awsome sence of smell and can smell most scents a mile off. I also have this weird ability of recognising peoples scents which freaks my work buddy out. I'll just say all of a sudden "oh, I think_____ is coming", or "I think______ was here" XD
babykittenboi
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: Kitten

Postby babykittenboi » Fri May 27, 2011 9:48 am

Despite being partially deaf (since birth practically) the hearing I DO have is fairly sensitive... Screaming children... I once had to tell someone to shut their kids up cause the screaming was unbearable... Also fire alarms set me off... BIG time

Needles drive me insane (Last time I had one i had to be physically restrained)...
Tweak
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: Blue Folfsky

Postby Tweak » Fri May 27, 2011 11:13 pm

Needles drive me insane (Last time I had one i had to be physically restrained)...[/quote]

Yeah, I have a high pain threshold for most things, except for needles and pinches.