What do people like in furry entertainment?

For all things furry!
Wererstritchy
Furstralian
Furstralian
Species: Goat

Postby Wererstritchy » Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:05 am

We're furries. We're a fan of anthropomorphic and cartoon animals in some form or another. This can go from anything from the 90's cartoons that you'd watch in the morning, to the Walt Disney classic films, right through to games that are being in development right now.
Of course, furry material are a key point of our interest, but there's also a sub-genre in which we take a particular interest to. If not, we wouldn't like 2Gryphon's rants, or the fact that there are humans in anthro stories.

Some of us like the music, some like the animations and the movies that other furries do, the art and stories are another form of entertainment too. And not to mention games. Others like transformation, others like just having special abilities, others... like the more mature side of things.

What's your preferred content in furry themed things?
Wererstritchy
Furstralian
Furstralian
Species: Goat

Postby Wererstritchy » Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:27 am

I like learning how people cope mentally in strange situations, or in situations the character themselves don't understand. Seeing the mistakes people make, their struggle to get to the finish line, or to find the finish line. I also like things that are strange and unusual, involving me to figure them out a bit in action, to see how things work and develop. I like descriptions of movement, and thought processes. I Also like a well-planned story that makes you want to read back in the book just to make sure something you think is the case is indeed true. For an author to make me do that, I appreciate very much.

Turn-offs for me are being overpowered from the main character's point of view. Super powerful stuff is just... I find it very hard to read, watch or enjoy things with lots of powerful characters. I also will avoid anything that has problems with the spelling. If the grammar is bad, I can still get through it, but having to read letters that are incorrect really confuse me, and make it difficult for me to read. I also have trouble with purple prose, and over use of metaphors. This is largely due to the need of background knowledge to understand it.

This tends to hover around TF, gay, slice of life, action, fantasy and romance themes, however, in all my time of reading fiction, I've only had to put one book down, saying that I could not read it. I distinctly remember reading the first three pages of this one chapter over and over again, until I gave up in frustration, saying that I just didn't understand it.

And that's my summary.
FoxTailedCritter
Furstralian
Furstralian
Species: ►Vampire fox

Re: What do people like in furry entertainment?

Postby FoxTailedCritter » Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:24 pm

I would luurv to read it all but had to go through cliff notes due to being on a 20 min time limit. (Library computers.)
So if I said something wrong sorry for my ignorance. ^-^'

What I enjoy is;
Podcasts; (2 Gryphon's rants, ActFur On Air, KnotCast, Funday paw pet show, ect.)
I enjoy reading the writing/story side of the fandom too alot! (No matter the setting, theme or plot.)

And of course I enjoy the art, (and as you mentioned) 90's cartoons~!
Everything you say or do has ripple effects....
Be the change you want to see in the world.
IdleCurator
Newcomer
Newcomer

Postby IdleCurator » Mon Nov 30, 2015 5:09 pm

I like stories full of mystery and characters who are much more than they seem.
My preferred stories are fictional because in these false worlds anything can and usually will happen leaving me clueless as to how the plot will progress. I prefer to read fantasy novels but to watch sci fi movies. I mostly enjoy content with anthropomorphic creatures because I find them so much more aesthetically pleasing than humans. Especially when the their species traits serve different roles like how some creatures have better hearing, smell, speed...etc.
Foxy_Malone
Admin
Admin
Species: Snow Leopard

Postby Foxy_Malone » Tue Dec 01, 2015 4:50 pm

yes, I like my stories to :) have you read any of jay's books? http://www.jaffabooks.net/ I can recommend them, he is an aussie and his book Reborn has half of the plot set in Brisbane (of the future)
Serence Frostbite
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: 8-tailed-fox-shaped ice spirit

Postby Serence Frostbite » Tue Dec 01, 2015 8:08 pm

I like a lot of things , music , pictures , comics (anthro comics , of course :D ) . I like reading fictional stories too , prefer anthro/animal stories a lot more. It's a shame that I don't have much time to read nowadays anymore .