Furries making the world a better place

For all things furry!
Sebastian
Furstralian Fanatic
Furstralian Fanatic
Species: wallaby/chameleon hybrid

Postby Sebastian » Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:08 am

Uncle Kage once gave a talk under the title "Furries Ruin Everything", wherein he told stories of certain furs who, even with the best of intentions, messed things up for others and the furry community in general.

While there is certainly truth in that, I also note that we as furries do, overall, make the world a better place. Generally we're more friendly that the average person (especially in large cities where everyone else is miserable and grumpy), we entertain people, we share joy and encouragement, and we have very creative and open minds.

I've also noted that when we're are together in a group all cultural and belief systems are put aside and we automatically share what we have in common. Have you ever even once had a group of furries sit together in silence because no-one wants to break the ice? Never. There's always conversation.

Speaking of a personal experience, I've had a lifelong difficulty being a vegetarian - it attracts more criticism than a religious debate. Soon as people find out that I don't want to eat meat they look at me like I'm a criminal or cultist. However in the presence of furries all I need to do is say "I'm a herbivore", everyone smiles, and I fit right in even if everyone around me is a carnivore.
Wererstritchy
Furstralian
Furstralian
Species: Goat

Postby Wererstritchy » Sun Dec 15, 2013 3:08 pm

I agree with this. I've had instances where my religion was brought up, and have been criticized even for the way I dress or who I do or don't see.

Furries are a two-way track though. We are open and friendly, encouring the same behaviours. And people like that. They are free. They meet up because we all agree we like furries, and we all know we don't like the exact ones. It's amazing in my mind to be honest.
CuriousDragon
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: Dragon

Postby CuriousDragon » Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:13 pm

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWPOjTf059EwBKgoahiHVAA Kijani Lion and his channel are a good example of the good of furries.
Sebastian
Furstralian Fanatic
Furstralian Fanatic
Species: wallaby/chameleon hybrid

Postby Sebastian » Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:42 pm

Amen to that! Nice videos too. One of these days I hope to have a full suit instead of just a partial. That's going to be a while off though - I'm saving my money in case I end up unemployed in the near future.
Unknown

Postby Unknown » Sat Aug 09, 2014 4:49 pm

From what I've seen so far, Furries tend to be more accepting of others and are more open-minded.

I know what it's like to be criticized because of diet. I'm a vegan and I hate all the stuff that people say because of it. People think I'm going to die or something..and there is countless questions about where I get my protein from. I've only been vegan for about 6 months but I still get people annoying me about it. Including my stupid mother who likes to tell every stupid person she knows that I'm a vegan. With that comes the countless questions of people asking me why I choose to be vegan. :/

I had a blood test recently btw. I'm not iron or vitamin B13 deficient ^^